What do you use as a back up for leaks at night?

So at night usually I sleep top covered & a diaper which is usually a premium diaper and a booster which works most nights and not to sound lazy but leaks at night really don't phase me it's why I have an under pad, but honestly best protection has to be when I wear cloth diapers(I am in process of getting more so I can use cloth every night) though little overkill I tend to over diaper b/c I have plenty of times where morning changes are difficult and usually dry enough where I can get couple extra hrs if needed. I do also keep cloth inserts or something near by worse case if soaked & can't change I can usually stuff something dry in the front, which I can do same with disposables I usually have either smaller booster or sz 6 or 7 diapers that fits perfectly up front & buys me time (it's almost like before I used abdl diapers when changing wasn't possible I would use various products that I could easily exchange without getting out of my wheelchair, I got idea from a method use in Japan where pads are cheaper than diapers)

As for bed pads from experience there is huge difference in them like diapers and ones I use are cloth backed & wick moisture away to almost dry feel. Aldo because things happen it might be overkill but something one of the medical rehabs did & it made sense so it's something I still do. So I use both a disposable on top of washable bed pad and theory is if the disposal gets wet toss it & bed still protected I will mention I do have a hospital bed so my mattress is waterproof and designed so it can just be wiped down.

The exception to this is there are times where I consume more alcohol than normal and for those nights I definitely wear thick cloth diapers but before that I wore a high cap abdl diaper with a booster.

Lastly & probably the answer to your question but where I am most concerned with leaks is while out so normal I will wear what's called a pocket diaper. Normally they are stuffed with various cloth items but by themselves they do offer some protection and depending on brand some are trim enough it doesn't add bulk. Before I found these I used lined plastic/pul pants(being paralyzed pull on items are hard to use) but the reason behind both of these is though normal plastic pants may catch a leak it doesn't prevent it from leaking because there isn't any absorbent material in them to absorb said leak.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Diaperman95
Eclectic said:
Hope you get the CPAP soon! I am actually scheduling a sleep study soon. Never had one. Had sleep terrors as a child. As an adult I’ve had sleep hallucinations, jolts and stopped breathing, the latter is probably central sleep apnea.
I have had the sleep paralysis sever times in the past and hallucinated. It is not fun. My poor daughter she is 27now, buts she use to get that shit multiple times a week sometimes a night when in middle school and high school. They never could give us a real reason the sleep paralysis. She did have some obstructive apnea. A dentist mad a specials mouth piece for her to sleep with that helped with the OSA. She later learned since leaving home that weed helps stop her sleep paralysis and hallucinations. But those Jolts you refer to, they hit me like a bolt lightning, especially if I am tired and almost a sleep.

Reactions: Diprs2
To contain leaks I wear a cloth pull-on diaper and plastic pant over my disposable. The combination is virtually leak proof, but just in case there is a fitted waterproof cover on the mattress.

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, chamberpot and 1 other person
Mostly bed pads. But I will use boosters and plastic plants sometimes.

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy and Diaperman95
Always : #1 - quality disposable diaper, #2 - booster, #3 - plastic pants, #4 - bed pad. Rare leaks on the bed pad. The diaper and booster work great.
Plastic pants helps. BM accidents happen daily during nighttime (but I do experience daytime BM accidents occasionally) and I think the protection I use work excellent.

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy and Diaperman95
dondl2 said:
back up to protect the bed from leaks : I use washable bed pads, large enough to cover a large area. aprox 35"x80"
I use to have several of those huge ones many year ago. I worn them out and then I could buy these ones I have now on my Humana OTC Allowance for free so I have around 30 to 40 of these 34x36inch. Normally I put down 2 over lapping each other and never have a issue. But you know nothing is full proof. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Diprs2
A nice big, reusable bed pad.

Reactions: Diprs2, TigerDL, Davvyboy and 1 other person
ParaRomeo said:
So at night usually I sleep top covered & a diaper which is usually a premium diaper and a booster which works most nights and not to sound lazy but leaks at night really don't phase me it's why I have an under pad, but honestly best protection has to be when I wear cloth diapers(I am in process of getting more so I can use cloth every night) though little overkill I tend to over diaper b/c I have plenty of times where morning changes are difficult and usually dry enough where I can get couple extra hrs if needed. I do also keep cloth inserts or something near by worse case if soaked & can't change I can usually stuff something dry in the front, which I can do same with disposables I usually have either smaller booster or sz 6 or 7 diapers that fits perfectly up front & buys me time (it's almost like before I used abdl diapers when changing wasn't possible I would use various products that I could easily exchange without getting out of my wheelchair, I got idea from a method use in Japan where pads are cheaper than diapers)

As for bed pads from experience there is huge difference in them like diapers and ones I use are cloth backed & wick moisture away to almost dry feel. Aldo because things happen it might be overkill but something one of the medical rehabs did & it made sense so it's something I still do. So I use both a disposable on top of washable bed pad and theory is if the disposal gets wet toss it & bed still protected I will mention I do have a hospital bed so my mattress is waterproof and designed so it can just be wiped down.

The exception to this is there are times where I consume more alcohol than normal and for those nights I definitely wear thick cloth diapers but before that I wore a high cap abdl diaper with a booster.

Lastly & probably the answer to your question but where I am most concerned with leaks is while out so normal I will wear what's called a pocket diaper. Normally they are stuffed with various cloth items but by themselves they do offer some protection and depending on brand some are trim enough it doesn't add bulk. Before I found these I used lined plastic/pul pants(being paralyzed pull on items are hard to use) but the reason behind both of these is though normal plastic pants may catch a leak it doesn't prevent it from leaking because there isn't any absorbent material in them to absorb said leak.
I use to put pads on my diaper. Cut few silts in the bottom of the pad so it can soak through. I would do that even before boosters was a thing. Years ago I purchased some seni pads for men that Amazon had miss-marked. They was like $9 for a bag of 20 at the time. But Amazon had a case of 160 listed for the 9 bucks! I should of ordered a few cases but I didn't. The next day it said my package had shipped. They also fixed the pricing. I really loved them because they have a pouch that surrounds your man hood and helped it to divert urine and keep my appendage in one place. They should really make some heavy duty boosters just like this. That or make a diaper for men that has a small pocket built in it. Below is the pad I am referring too.

I am also looking at the InControls Pocket diapers. I might pick up one or 2 next month

Just discovered PROTEC Briefs. Been using for a couple of weeks now. Wear over the top of my cotton backed disposable nappies.

All my nappy leaks have been caught by PROTEC Briefs. So far so good!

Attachments

• 1F78A5E0-FD55-4C6A-B214-77D1FD15CD16.jpeg
    1F78A5E0-FD55-4C6A-B214-77D1FD15CD16.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 14
I just use a peapod mat to protect my mattress from stains.

247 said:
Just discovered PROTEC Briefs. Been using for a couple of weeks now. Wear over the top of my cotton backed disposable nappies.

Those are so expensive. Is the only reason I have not bought some

Reactions: Diprs2 and 247
247 said:

I have been wanting to try this. My wife is very tolerant but she is not okay with leaks.

Reactions: Diprs2 and 247
Diaperman95 said:
Those are so expensive. Is the only reason I have not bought some
Not sure if you saw the thread on these it was under the adult diapers section think it started last year but know there was on. But the cost was partially the reason I went looking for a different option, other was I didn't know for me how they were to put on. I don't know the exact amount the Ecoable pocket diaper can hold by itself but of the leaks in have had it's worked that said I remember one thing mentioned in the post was or a question was leaks for me not an issue but was a concern for those that are mobile but I don't remember if anyone followed up if they had leaks or not where the legs aren't stretchy like bloomer plastic pants are.

Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp and Ravensteel
ParaRomeo said:
Not sure if you saw the thread on these it was under the adult diapers section think it started last year but know there was on. But the cost was partially the reason I went looking for a different option, other was I didn't know for me how they were to put on. I don't know the exact amount the Ecoable pocket diaper can hold by itself but of the leaks in have had it's worked that said I remember one thing mentioned in the post was or a question was leaks for me not an issue but was a concern for those that are mobile but I don't remember if anyone followed up if they had leaks or not where the legs aren't stretchy like bloomer plastic pants are.
I remember the thread on them. But I think I seen the price and just said nope. I think I might give the InControl pocket diaper a shot. But my funds are low this month so it might be next month. I had to be a good grandpa and buy a couple cases of size pampers for my daughters new born. 🧡 Plus a few other items. but next month I should be able to try them. They come with one insert pad too.

Reactions: TigerDL, Ravensteel and ParaRomeo
Diaperman95 said:
I had to be a good grandpa and buy a couple cases of size pampers for my daughters new born. 🧡 Plus a few other items.
Diaperman95 said:
but next month I should be able to try them. They come with one insert pad too.
Just a suggestion though NB size are needed if they are having shower if I were you not many people get other sizes besides NB &1 also some forget wipes. Last baby shower I went to I brought a case of size 2 diapers and wipes(not sure if you have club card like I think Sam's club,they had if you buy 2 diapers or wipes you got some savings also think Target had something but think that was spend $100 get $20 back, usually for any diapers or wipes there is deals) Figured would give you some ideas, I won't lie the wipes and diapers I got for my buddy's shower I got them from Craigslist which I have done in past if they are out the box and in sleeves I will make a baby basket but they(his wife) appreciated having a different size like they got like 6cs of sz1 and depending on how I know the person usually I try to find a funny onesie like got one it had shamrocks & said lock up your daughters haha

As for the Incontrol pocket I looked at them but I am too fat for them ha but the reviews looked good.

I only wet intentionally and go to bed dry mostly. If I wet twice then I am ok with just a nappy. If i go to bed damp then it's plastic pants over the top so I can wet twice more without problems. For a forth wetting the pants are a must.

I use a vinyl sheet as base layer, wear a betterdry or megamax with booster, wear large cotton briefs over the top of the diaper, and then a disposable NS brand chux thing over the sheets to catch seepage from the leg cuffs or overflow from the back (overflow is rare for me).

This is most often recreational wear, though I am prone to occasional night accidents. When I don't wear and wet unprotected, I rinse the sheets in the shower and hang them to dry before I machine wash them. The vinyl sheet I spray with dilute vinegar and wipe it off.

Agreed that reusable bed pads are worlds better than disposable, but my condo building has a common laundry room and I would feel like a bad neighbor putting those through a shared machine. When I win the lottery maybe I'll have the kitchen plumbed for a machine of my own lol.

Rutibex said:
I use a vinyl sheet as base layer, wear a betterdry or megamax with booster, wear large cotton briefs over the top of the diaper, and then a disposable NS brand chux thing over the sheets to catch seepage from the leg cuffs or overflow from the back (overflow is rare for me).

This is most often recreational wear, though I am prone to occasional night accidents. When I don't wear and wet unprotected, I rinse the sheets in the shower and hang them to dry before I machine wash them. The vinyl sheet I spray with dilute vinegar and wipe it off.

Agreed that reusable bed pads are worlds better than disposable, but my condo building has a common laundry room and I would feel like a bad neighbor putting those through a shared machine. When I win the lottery maybe I'll have the kitchen plumbed for a machine of my own lol.

I don't think reusable bed pads would cause any problems in a shared washing machine. The things you really have to watch out for are, for instance, horse blankets and dog beds that have a lot of hair. At least that's what the signs said the last time I was in a laundromat.

Rutibex said:
Agreed that reusable bed pads are worlds better than disposable, but my condo building has a common laundry room and I would feel like a bad neighbor putting those through a shared machine.
I would agree with Willford I wouldn't be concerned about washing them though I could understand the potential embarrassment of washing them in a common laundry area(though unless you know what they are some could think they were towels). Also I don't know the condo complex but will go out on a limb saying someone probably has a baby, kids, or young adults so probably not first item with bodily fluids(urine,poop,vomit, blood,many others) washed in them though I have always wondered even when I had an apt what the cleaning process was of them and why I used a laundry mat one I went to routinely cleaned them. This being said though I rent a house from the bank(mortgage lol) the other day I washed cloth diapers and bed pads the next load was regular clothes and I personally never had an issue though I do routinely do a cleaning cycle.

Reactions: WillFord384 and NappiedTruckDriver
ParaRomeo said:
I would agree with Willford I wouldn't be concerned about washing them though I could understand the potential embarrassment of washing them in a common laundry area(though unless you know what they are some could think they were towels). Also I don't know the condo complex but will go out on a limb saying someone probably has a baby, kids, or young adults so probably not first item with bodily fluids(urine,poop,vomit, blood,many others) washed in them though I have always wondered even when I had an apt what the cleaning process was of them and why I used a laundry mat one I went to routinely cleaned them. This being said though I rent a house from the bank(mortgage lol) the other day I washed cloth diapers and bed pads the next load was regular clothes and I personally never had an issue though I do routinely do a cleaning cycle.
Same here , I’ve done 3 loads today , 1st was my terry towel nappies on a 60c wash ( my washer has a baby programme ) 2nd was regular clothes , PUL pants and pocket covers
3rd was pocket inserts
And probably my mum will do another standard clothes wash tonight

Reactions: ParaRomeo
Back