What do you think about short hair on girls?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Wow, my girlfriend just got her hair cut. Really short. It has a "pixie cut" and at first I was shocked. As long as I've known her she had long hair. I gota tell you I think it's perfect. It fits her face. She said it's so easier for getting ready in the morning. She has a really cute face and I think it shows her look. Doesn't help that she's petite with a great butt. She has a face like Zoe Kravitz. I love it.

What do you think about really short hair on women?

Reactions: Lethdale, RestrainU4Me, nectar0001 and 1 other person
It depends on face shape a lot, but short hair on girls can be absolutely adorable. Unfortunately my little sister wasn’t one of them. She insisted on a super short pixie cut when she was 7. She hated it immediately and couldn’t wait for her hair to grow back out. She is married and has her own kids now, but we still tease her about it.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Zeke
We all have different taste, but I prefer long, thick hair.
But it all depends. I think I draw the line at a bob.

Reactions: Ecchi231
I remember in the 90's when everyone thought I was weird for NOT finding short hair on women weird. Now it's practically half the women around here. One of my best friends hates it! 🤣

Anyway, short hair can be pretty damn cool or cute, but so can long hair. No preferences here.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
I’ve always be a sucker for a woman with long hair, but during the years when my cervical area was giving me so much pain and trouble I had a home healthcare worker that came to my house twice a week. She had pretty, long hair until one day she came with short hair with the left side of her head nearly shaved and the right side just over her ear….what a shock! It took her showing up a few more times before I finally grew used to it and a few more before I began to like it. She had the face for short hair and in the end she looked good with short and extremely short hair or with long hair. There are some ladies with whom short hair doesn’t look as good and they look better with long hair, but I’ve never seen it the other way around where she doesn’t look as good with long hair as she does with short, but there may be some out there.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, KindaOlde and Edgewater
Aaah, the great length of hair discussion!! I have been a married guy for a very long time and have steered clear of this discussion as it really does not matter what a guy likes or does like! If she wants it one way or the other that is what it will be!

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, LaLoneDigi, geka and 2 others
To each is own. I love my wifes long black hair. It comes past the bend of her knees when standing. She is very native American and has a dark jet black hair. She has cut it off a few times over the years. I always loved her hair so she grows it for me. But now mine is the longest it has ever been and well past the bottom of my rig cage even braided I have a lot more appreciation to her efforts. . Long hair is a lot of work.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, depta99, OnePiece and 2 others
Edgewater said:
Aaah, the great length of hair discussion!! I have been a married guy for a very long time and have steered clear of this discussion as it really does not matter what a guy likes or does like! If she wants it one way or the other that is what it will be!
I remember what women used to go through with the curlers and permanents when I was a kid, but they don’t seem to be going through that much anymore or I’m just not around women enough to know anyone who’s still doing it. From what I remember, these 33 years post married life, it was never a wise position to put yourself in being in disagreement with your wife’s hairstyle and/or hair color. To be fair Penny never told me how to wear the hair on my head or on my face so I figured that I could get used to anything she decided to do with her hair. Come to think about it I don’t think she ever saw me without my mustache, but she never asked me to do anything with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, ianwee and Edgewater
greatlake5 said:
Wow, my girlfriend just got her hair cut. Really short. It has a "pixie cut" and at first I was shocked. As long as I've known her she had long hair. I gota tell you I think it's perfect. It fits her face. She said it's so easier for getting ready in the morning. She has a really cute face and I think it shows her look. Doesn't help that she's petite with a great butt. She has a face like Zoe Kravitz. I love it.

What do you think about really short hair on women?
As others have said it's personal choice. I personally don't like short hair on girls, or on me. I'm growing my hair out and I plan to have it reach down to near my bum eventually. I've been called horrible things for wanting that, but I don't care. I'm androgynous and I'm proud of it.

My preference in women is long, straight hair, brown or black. I can understand why some like short hair, but it's not something I find attractive. Of course personality trumps all, but I'd be even more crazy about a smart girl with a personality that meshes with mine if she had long dark hair.

Last edited:
FatalGeometry said:
I'm growing my hair out and I plan to have it reach down to near my bum eventually. I've been called horrible things for wanting that, but I don't care. I'm androgynous and I'm proud of it.
How mean! Mine is half way down my back and I've had nothing but complements 🙂 not sure if it will reach my bum before I get bored and chop it off 😄

LuckyRed23 said:
How mean! Mine is half way down my back and I've had nothing but complements 🙂 not sure if it will reach my bum before I get bored and chop it off 😄
I'm not sure about how old you are, but I started growing mine out when I was in school and, as I'm sure you're aware, British state schools are breeding grounds for the worst bullying on the planet. There's a book about the language that schoolchildren use and one of the largest chapters is just on playground insults. Kids are monsters, and I've always been on the receiving end of their cruelty.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
FatalGeometry said:
I'm not sure about how old you are, but I started growing mine out when I was in school and, as I'm sure you're aware, British state schools are breeding grounds for the worst bullying on the planet. There's a book about the language that schoolchildren use and one of the largest chapters is just on playground insults. Kids are monsters, and I've always been on the receiving end of their cruelty.
Oh, yeah I forget I'm old now 😄 yes I did get more than the fair share of bullying in school, kids are arseholes and will pick on you for anything that stands out.
Once you reach the adult world either people have got kinder or they keep their hatred of my hair to themselves 😄
Also when growing your hair out you have to go through that awkward stage where it just looks crap all the time and you end up wearing a hat to hide it! If you went through that stage at school than I'm not surprised you caught shit for it (I was ginger with a mullet trust me I know!)

She has that pixie cut and has really curly hair The cut is short but I can still see the curly hair. Everyone has different tastes. I just like her style.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
LuckyRed23 said:
Oh, yeah I forget I'm old now 😄 yes I did get more than the fair share of bullying in school, kids are arseholes and will pick on you for anything that stands out.
Once you reach the adult world either people have got kinder or they keep their hatred of my hair to themselves 😄
Also when growing your hair out you have to go through that awkward stage where it just looks crap all the time and you end up wearing a hat to hide it! If you went through that stage at school than I'm not surprised you caught shit for it (I was ginger with a mullet trust me I know!)
Fortunately COVID masked that time for the most part. I have helped out with open days for my school since and I get shit from kids even now, probably because it's not yet long enough to stay out of my eyes behind my shoulders so I put it in a man bun.

FatalGeometry said:
Fortunately COVID masked that time for the most part. I have helped out with open days for my school since and I get shit from kids even now, probably because it's not yet long enough to stay out of my eyes behind my shoulders so I put it in a man bun.
Mine is almost always up now! Anyway I feel like I've derailed another thread, sorry! Have fun on your hair growing adventure!

Ron White: would you pat a hairless dog?

i think it's suuuuuper attractive, women who are brave enough to rock a buzz cut or even a bald head make me go wild in the best ways possible!!

I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other. I'm just jealous because of this big bald spot on my head lol.

My wife always had long hair until we moved to south florida … it’s just too hot for the hair sitting in your neck … I have grown to love it

Not a fan of short hair on women at all. My personal preference is anything from a bob at the absolute shortest (see my Kuriyama Mirai avatar) to mid-back at the absolute longest. As already said, though, everyone's tastes are different, and that's a good thing!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and tango79
Back