What Baby Diaper brand are ABU Cushies based on?

xxPampersBoyxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
It is quite obvious that ABU SDKs are based on 90's Pampers. What brand resemble ABU Cushies (if any)? When were they sold?

The purple on Cushies always reminded me of Luvs since they’re purple and white too. The patterns may not be the new positional printing technique but they always reminded me of the disposables I grew up in during the early 2000s. Those are just opinions tho, idk what they’re actually modeled after.

Reactions: Prillprillprill and xxPampersBoyxx
It was a generic baby diaper that was made with a cloth like cover for babies. I bought a trial pack of them (a baby size M and L) from a gas station around toronto in 2014, but they had clearly been there a while. I do not know if they had a name.

Reactions: xxPampersBoyxx
@xxPampersBoyxx, I’d assumed for years that the Cushies print was an ABU original, but it turns out that it’s from the “Baby Basics” diapers sold by the Albertsons grocery store chain about 20 years ago. Here’s a post from @kratox with a picture of the “source” diaper.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, Deleted member 56273, xxPampersBoyxx and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
@xxPampersBoyxx, I’d assumed for years that the Cushies print was an ABU original, but it turns out that it’s from the “Baby Basics” diapers sold by the Albertsons grocery store chain about 20 years ago. Here’s a post from @kratox with a picture of the “source” diaper.
Nice one! I also found this:

Does that make sense?

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and Cottontail
xxPampersBoyxx said:
I also found this
Neat! I hadn’t seen that one. “Momas Choice” … Maybe the same overseas manufacturer and a stock print?

ABU have made such a difference with their products so far. I wonder what's coming next?

Back