Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 5 guest views remaining

What Are Second Chance Tapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuggle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I googled this question, but the almighty internet wizard failed me. I keep hearing the phrase "second chance tapes" thrown around, and I don't know what it means. Is it a single set of tapes that can be removed and replaced without losing their stickiness, or is it the second set of tapes seen on most adult diapers? Are you supposed to use both sets of tabs at once? I never knew diapers could be so confusing! :sweatdrop:

Wuggle said:
I googled this question, but the almighty internet wizard failed me. I keep hearing the phrase "second chance tapes" thrown around, and I don't know what it means. Is it a single set of tapes that can be removed and replaced without losing their stickiness, or is it the second set of tapes seen on most adult diapers? Are you supposed to use both sets of tabs at once? I never knew diapers could be so confusing! :sweatdrop:

What I bolded is what we mean by "second chance tapes," so named because if you put a tape down wrong, you get a "second chance" to get the fit right without risking tearing the backsheet.

Oh good, I wasn't sure if I was just being stupid, only using one set of tapes at a time! I wondered if the second set were meant for added security, since adults are bigger proportionally to the tapes than babies, and may need more to keep the diaper secure. Now I know, thanks! :D

I usually just use those to tighten the thing up if it's started to come loose. Usually those are the "In the morning" tapes. XD That is if I haven't had an incident in the night.

Second chance tapes are those that typically have a blue strip of adhesive tape attached to the part of the tape that's anchored to the back sheet.

It's usually this blue tape that is the bit stuck to the front sheet when you initially stick the tape down. If thefit is not right, you can peel the tape off the back of the blue part, and have another go at it.

Yes, good for taping a failed position, or an adjust in the morning.

ozziebee said:
Second chance tapes are those that typically have a blue strip of adhesive tape attached to the part of the tape that's anchored to the back sheet.

It's usually this blue tape that is the bit stuck to the front sheet when you initially stick the tape down. If thefit is not right, you can peel the tape off the back of the blue part, and have another go at it.

Yes, good for taping a failed position, or an adjust in the morning.

Yup that's how I see them, double tapes have the blue strip.

I use the term "second chance tapes" to be clear about what they are. Others sometimes will say "double tapes" and that could be confused with having two tapes per side instead of one, others sometimes say "refastenable" or "adjustable" but that could be confused with a tape panel or velcro.

I also will say "single tapes" or "double tapes" when talking about a diaper that has 2 or 4 total tapes, because saying "two tapes" could mean two tapes per side, or two tapes total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back