Wet my Bed, couldn't sleep.

wiliawi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Happy Monday morning everyone. I'm pretty tired today. I wet in may sleep last night, which really isn't news at al since I wet in my sleep almost every night. I difference was that last night, I actually wet the bed! My diaper leaked like a sieve lat night. Not really sure what the problem was, I almost never have leaks. I was having a couple of drinks last night, so the alcohol may have caused me to really wet heavily, or maybe my equipment was pointed the wrong way. I don't know leaks happen. I usually leak through my diaper a couple of times a year. What I did notice, and I notice this every time I leak, is that I cannot sleep in a wet bed. Sleeping in a wet diaper is awesome, I have no problem with that, but one the bed is wet I cannot sleep well. My bed was soaked from mid back to mid thigh. I woke up after the accident, and then could not really get back to sleep. It wasn't too cold or anything. (I use a heated mattress pad), but just being wet is disruptive to me. When I was a kid, if I wet, I wouldn't wake till morning. I wish I could sleep that well with a wet bad now. So my question to the group is: Can you sleep in a wet bed where the bed itself is actually wet, not is a diaper. I know some of the bedwetters reddit adultbedwetting actually purpose wet their beds, sans diaper, every night before falling asleep. I like my diapers to contain the mess, but I wish I could sleep better when accidents happen.

When it happens to me, if I should happen to wake up, I generally throw a bath towel over the wet area and can get back to sleep.

• Love
Reactions: littleluvs, chiaochai and ARBBB2
I can't sleep on a wet bed. If it happens in the middle of the night (that will wake me up), I too usually put a towel on the wet spot and scoot over closer to my husband. What I really dislike is having to change in the middle of the night. Hard to get back to sleep after doing that.

Yea, as a bedwetter as a kid- I just grab a towel from the bathroom and lay it on the wet spot and go back to sleep knowing I will take care of the wet sheets in the morning.

Or you can get one of those disposable bed mats to protect the bed and sheets from leaks and you can simply swap it out with a clean one.

Reactions: CrinklingCajun
Yeah, I have a pad that I can put down. My problem is that I don't seem to wake up enough to make the mental decision to get up and get a pad or a towel or anything like that. Instead, I toss and turn. Oh well.

I woke up in a wet diaper this morning and my bed was dry, but last week there was one morning where everything was wet. Blanket, pad, clothing, my onside...it was almost like I wasn't wearing a diaper. That just happens occasionally. I can't sleep in a wet bed either.

Reactions: Kane2000
I have a heavy plastic sheet under my bed sheet, so usually it's just the sheet that gets wet, I always keep a heavy bath towel under the head of the bed, so when I leak I pull back blankets and top sheet and cover the whole area and lay back on the towel. I usually get back to sleep, what I like about that is the towel soaks everything up, so the sheet is dry when baby gets up!

ARBBB2 said:
I have a heavy plastic sheet under my bed sheet, so usually it's just the sheet that gets wet, I always keep a heavy bath towel under the head of the bed, so when I leak I pull back blankets and top sheet and cover the whole area and lay back on the towel. I usually get back to sleep, what I like about that is the towel soaks everything up, so the sheet is dry when baby gets up!
I agree with that. After a couple of hours on the towel, the wet spot is dry by morning.

Most of the time I don't wake up at all when my diaper leaks.

Not a big deal since I use washable bed pads .

When I was about 8 we moved from our trailer house, a 10’ x 52’, 2 bedroom (I think they have RV’s nearly that big now!), and the bunk beds that I had there, to a large house where I had a full size bed. Mom protected the mattress with a zippered, plastic cover which caused the wetness to spread out and soak a large area of the sheets and mattress pad. With this larger bed I would wake up in the morning in whatever dry corner I could find. That tapered off, and finally ceased, about 3 or 4 years later. After starting to experience incontinence, about 5 years ago, it took me a little over a year to find a “system” that’s pretty much leakproof if I don’t lay around for too long in the morning and add too much to a wet and messy diaper. It took me a while to come up with a suitable “system” due to my being primarily a side sleeper and the resulting leaks from the lack of absorption in that diaper area. There’s a pad under, and a towel on, my sheets just in case of a “system failure”. Stay padded, just think how wet your bed would be without diapers!

I keep an extra mattress cover in the bedroom for just in case situations, having wet through my diaper in the past that’s why I keep an extra on hand. To answer your question no I can’t sleep in a wet bed I’ll get up change and change the mattress cover and blanket if I need to then I’ll go back to sleep. It always takes awhile for me to fall back asleep

Accidents like this happen from time to time... That‘s why I use pad pads. I use them under the sheet but this is in 90% of the cases good enough to absorb most of the problem. If things going really worse and the blanket is also soaked I“m going to change the blanket and the sheets but in all other cases I just take a new diaper and put a new bad pad over the wet spot and change it in the morning.

I hate wet beds, I had a seizure once and woke up sometime later in a soaked be, I grabbed a towel and went back to bed, I was in a post-ictal type of state, not really awake and very confused. Doctor was a jerk when I tried to get help and denied I had even the possibility of having seizures, as I was on an anti seizure medication for my tremors. He was wrong though and I proved it years later when he was the ER doctor who treated me when I went into my third status seizure in one day due to a head injury that nearly killed me. I had proven to another doctor only month before I got hurt that I was having seizures.

wiliawi said:
Happy Monday morning everyone. I'm pretty tired today. I wet in may sleep last night, which really isn't news at al since I wet in my sleep almost every night. I difference was that last night, I actually wet the bed! My diaper leaked like a sieve lat night. Not really sure what the problem was, I almost never have leaks. I was having a couple of drinks last night, so the alcohol may have caused me to really wet heavily, or maybe my equipment was pointed the wrong way. I don't know leaks happen. I usually leak through my diaper a couple of times a year. What I did notice, and I notice this every time I leak, is that I cannot sleep in a wet bed. Sleeping in a wet diaper is awesome, I have no problem with that, but one the bed is wet I cannot sleep well. My bed was soaked from mid back to mid thigh. I woke up after the accident, and then could not really get back to sleep. It wasn't too cold or anything. (I use a heated mattress pad), but just being wet is disruptive to me. When I was a kid, if I wet, I wouldn't wake till morning. I wish I could sleep that well with a wet bad now. So my question to the group is: Can you sleep in a wet bed where the bed itself is actually wet, not is a diaper. I know some of the bedwetters reddit adultbedwetting actually purpose wet their beds, sans diaper, every night before falling asleep. I like my diapers to contain the mess, but I wish I could sleep better when accidents happen.
Guess I’m naïve. I was under the impression bedwetting is a problem for folks on the reddit site, not something they do on purpose. You’re saying that’s not the case?

To your question, as a youngster when I wet mom made me lay/sleep in it till morning. As such I became accustomed to sleeping wet to the point that it didn’t bother me. To this day I have no issue with sleeping in an accidentally wet bed. For some reason purposely wet is different.

Not a mattress pad per se, but similar to you I use a bed warmer (under the waterproof mattress cover) to maintain the warmth of a wet bed. It works great for that and according to the literature is totally safe when wet. I also use the warmer to quickly dry my bed. Simply leave the bed open, turn the warmer to high and in an hour or so a totally soaked bed is bone dry.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and chamberpot
WBxx said:
Guess I’m naïve. I was under the impression bedwetting is a problem for folks on the reddit site, not something they do on purpose. You’re saying that’s not the case?

To your question, as a youngster when I wet mom made me lay/sleep in it till morning. As such I became accustomed to sleeping wet to the point that it didn’t bother me. To this day I have no issue with sleeping in an accidentally wet bed. For some reason purposely wet is different.

Not a mattress pad per se, but similar to you I use a bed warmer (under the waterproof mattress cover) to maintain the warmth of a wet bed. It works great for that and according to the literature is totally safe when wet. I also use the warmer to quickly dry my bed. Simply leave the bed open, turn the warmer to high and in an hour or so a totally soaked bed is bone dry.
The op was talking about leaking from incontinence from nocturnal enuresis not on purpose wetting. Bed wetting is a real problem not to be taken lightly

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
I can sleep without any problem in a wet bed , our bed is very well protected , if i leak out even a lot it stays pretty much under me and doesn't get cold , I'll wet sometimes without diapers and still find that i sleep no problem , may have something to do with over sixty years of wetting

WBxx said:

After a few episodes of the warmer drying your pee soaked bed, it must look and smell pretty interesting!

jamiejamie said:
Yea, as a bedwetter as a kid- I just grab a towel from the bathroom and lay it on the wet spot and go back to sleep knowing I will take care of the wet sheets in the morning.

Or you can get one of those disposable bed mats to protect the bed and sheets from leaks and you can simply swap it out with a clean one.
I bedwet daily. I sleep on a disposable bed mat just in case of leakage. I haven’t had leaks in a while as I wear BetterDry’s with boosters.

I have washable bed pads and plastic sheets. I keek dry bedding on hand.
Because my diaper may leek. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I have to be careful, cause I wear so much that my mind doesn/t know if it's safe to pee or not. But, I sure crave Redboy Pizza now...come to think about it...and I am not "Fat", just hungry! Maybe I'll make a rum and coke, even though it's not the best healthy choice. I just took my diaper off, so before anything...I guess it's time to cover my cold butt! It's 50 degrees here in northern California, San Francisco Bay Area. I have birds, so the window is open a crack! BRRRR!

Back