Wet morning diaper as a child

Avjoe75 said:
Yeah I’ve been a bed wetter my entire life . Sometimes I’d have diapers sometimes I’d have none . It depended on if my mom had the extra funds . Most the time though I had pampers well into my teens . But a lot of years between 7 and probably 12 I barely had diapers at night . Usually woke up to wet everything . Hated it ! Was so excited being able to buy a pack of diapers when we had the extra money . I use to borrow or steal from friends and family that had diapers in the house just so I could wake up to a dry bed . I remember being invited to one of my friends houses and I told him no because I knew I would wet and didn’t have anything to wear . His mom asked me why I didn’t want to stay so I told her . She said to that it was alright she would take care of it and not to worry . That night I stayed and we took baths before bed . After bath she pulled me aside and for the first time ever I was cloth diapered with plastic pants ! I loved the bullkiness of the diaper and comfort . It was an alternative to disposables but it meant more laundry and my mom didn’t go for it .
Gosh. I would’ve thought laundering cloth diapers would have been easier than having to launder the bedding every time they get wet. Sorry you had to deal with wet beds.

Reactions: Avjoe75
jamiejamie said:
Gosh. I would’ve thought laundering cloth diapers would have been easier than having to launder the bedding every time they get wet. Sorry you had to deal with wet beds.
I hated having a wet bed and still do ! I hate pee smell ! I think it’s one distinct smell I can smell out of any other smells ! I didn’t like having friends come over and come to my room because I knew you could tell . We were pretty poor back in the early 80’s it was rough time sometimes my sheets would just get rinsed in a sink and hung up to dry . It really sucked as a child with bladder problems ! A lot of emotions I felt and probably still deal with .

Avjoe75 said:
I hated having a wet bed and still do ! I hate pee smell ! I think it’s one distinct smell I can smell out of any other smells ! I didn’t like having friends come over and come to my room because I knew you could tell . We were pretty poor back in the early 80’s it was rough time sometimes my sheets would just get rinsed in a sink and hung up to dry . It really sucked as a child with bladder problems ! A lot of emotions I felt and probably still deal with .
Yea. I grew up in early 80’s. I was a bedwetter so diapers weren’t an option. I think it was a taboo at that time for us to try to grow out of it quickly by having to deal with wet beds. I have never seen diapers for older kids back then so I had no clue. When my bed is wet, I just grab a bath towel and cover the spot, change my Jammie’s and then go back to sleep. My mom takes care of the laundry that morning.

jamiejamie said:
Yea. I grew up in early 80’s. I was a bedwetter so diapers weren’t an option. I think it was a taboo at that time for us to try to grow out of it quickly by having to deal with wet beds. I have never seen diapers for older kids back then so I had no clue. When my bed is wet, I just grab a bath towel and cover the spot, change my Jammie’s and then go back to sleep. My mom takes care of the laundry that morning.
I didn’t have diapers for older kids I was just a small framed older child who still fit in larger baby diapers . I however did have a distant cousin that was autistic that wore diapers and remember seeing him at a family gathering . He was wearing a big blue disposable diaper of some sort cause it was clearly visible sticking out of his pants . I want to say it was some sort of small adult product but do not know for I was a kid and I only ever seen him twice back then . I also am pretty sure that actual baby diapers ran larger back in the later 70’s , 80’s and early 90’s I remember being 14 teen or so and getting my hands on XL luvs I think it was with the stripes for boys and they fit me good . I didn’t have a growth spurt till I was 16 or shortly after that is when I couldn’t fit in them any more .

jamiejamie said:
I absolutely remember doing the towel thing to cover the wet spot. Or trying to sleep "around" it over on one side of the bed or the other. Of course, being a deep sleeper which was part of the problem, a lot of times I didn't wake up at all until morning.

Reactions: iampadded and jamiejamie
wetaccident said:
I absolutely remember doing the towel thing to cover the wet spot. Or trying to sleep "around" it over on one side of the bed or the other. Of course, being a deep sleeper which was part of the problem, a lot of times I didn't wake up at all until morning.
Yes – thank God for towels. And how about the nights where you’d wake up and put a towel down over the wet spot and put on dry pjs and in the morning your jammies would be wet again and the towel would be soaking.

Reactions: wetaccident and Teddy02
Anyone else got any pictures of their wet morning diapers from long ago (cropped if necessary, obviously, so as to ensure nothing inappropriate).

Reactions: Bedwetter12
I wasn’t a chronic bed wetter, and neither were my two siblings. We were a cloth diaper family (it was the 70s when disposables weren’t as common and there were no pull-ups for older kids), and my mom wanted us out on diapers as early as possible so as to not have to deal with all of the washing, etc. Sometime before age three, I was no longer diapered at night, and we just dealt with nighttime accidents and wet PJs and sheets. Fortunately (for my parents at least), they weren’t too common.

I went through a period around age 4-5 when my youngest brother was a baby where I regressed and had more frequent night (and daytime) accidents. I was a heavy sleeper and didn’t usually wake up until morning, but if I did wake up wet in the night, I’d sometimes change PJs and go back to sleep, trying to avoid the wet spot. A couple of times I woke up wet in the morning, and played in my room or came out to the den to watch cartoons in my wet PJs until my mom noticed and made me change. I was quite jealous of my younger brother's diapers, and recall several times suggesting I might need a diaper at night, but never got one.

After age 6 or so, I only had a handfull of bedwetting incidents, and I just changed my PJs and mom took care of the sheets. I had a rubber/plastic pad on the bed until we moved when I was twelve, but I don’t remember wetting the bed after age 9-10.

RothwellBC said:
its funny to read these and think how similar things were... the parents who had their kids in diapers..seems like they didn't so much care to be in a rush to remove them in the mornings for us all.

On weekends i would usually just crawl out of bed, still in my wet diaper and pjs, and go to the tv room to watch cartoons. while my bro was still 24/7 i remember mom joking when she would change him 'if you're going to be in that diaper all day... do u want me to change you too'
While browsing through this thread I noticed that too. Parents don't seem to care if their bedwetting kids stay in diapers well past waking up. I guess it's because parents don't have the obligation to change them so there's less angst about it compared to unpottytrained kids.

I didn't want to change out of my wet diaper when I was in diapers full time. I also didn't wasn't in a hurry to change out of my morning pull-up either. I've liked diapers as far as I can remember.

Reactions: wetaccident
enigmatic said:
While browsing through this thread I noticed that too. Parents don't seem to care if their bedwetting kids stay in diapers well past waking up. I guess it's because parents don't have the obligation to change them so there's less angst about it compared to unpottytrained kids.
As a parent, times where we didn’t rush to change a nighttime diaper were mostly just about getting a break and staying in bed a little longer. My son was a nightly bed wetter, and was in a diaper at night until about age 5, then in a pull-up/Goodnite until about age 9 when his nighttime wetting became less frequent. He would wake up and happily play in the wet diaper/pull-up as long as we would let him. When he was younger, either my wife or I would get up when he did and change him right away. After he switched to pull-ups at night, he started changing himself, but not until we made him go and do it, so sometimes he was awake early on a weekend before we wanted to be up and stayed in a wet pull-up for a while If he chose not to change. The only time it was really a problem was when he sat on the sofa in a leaky pull-up playing on his tablet oblivious to the wet spot that was growing under him.

I wasn't potty trained for pee at all until around the age of 5 because I have cerebral palsy. After I was fully potty trained, there was only one time I wore diapers until I got up the confidence to buy some on my own. That time was one night at my grandparent's house around the age of 6 and for some reason that night I was having trouble holding my pee and I wet through all my underwear. When my grandparents realized I had wet through all my underwear, they went and borrow one of my 2 year younger cousin's underwear and told me it's this or a diaper while we wash your underwear. Uncomfortable with wearing someone else's underwear, I chose the diaper. I remember waking up in the morning and walking into the living room, seeing my grandparents sitting in the two recliners in there, and hiding behind one of them because I was embarrassed to be in a diaper in front of them. I don't remember if I actually peed again after I was put in the diaper though. Being in diapers until age 5, I knew from a young age I liked wearing diapers, but I never got up the courage to go and buy any until I was around 19.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to wear my wet diaper until after breakfast - if I needed to pee I would just go in my diaper - younger brother was the same

ThatDiaperDude said:
I didn't take off the diaper immediately after waking up. I would just keep it on, sometimes even use it if I had to pee, until my mother came into my room and took it off me.
Wow, this makes me reminisce about my younger self when sometimes I would wake up early on the weekends to sneak a few hours in the morning to binge watch cartoons before my caretaker changes me out of my wet night diaper.

I just remember me on the couch, in a sad, wet overnight diaper, being drenched by a couple of my wettings, and feeling the warmness spread in between my legs as I go. The diaper would then become soggy to the point where it begins to pool and that's also around the time my caretaker changes me out of it.

• Love
Reactions: Soggy247, Canadianfalls, Rezzu and 2 others
pampers4U said:
I do that now, wake up and just stay in my diaper till it’s time to get a shower and get on with the day, I think I enjoy it when it’s the winter season, since mornings are a bit less busy and I wear a sleeper to bed at night, my wife is very supportive of me and she doesn’t mind seeing my bubble butt, so that helps
Dose your wife like your diaper butt and do u have any fun too

If my overnight diaper can still hold some more I’ll start my day at LAFitness, work out in my wet diaper. I’ll take it off in the locker room, shower, and put on a new diaper. Some mornings I’m just too soaked when I wake up to do that.

Reactions: bedwetterdavid and Avjoe75
During my teenage years I was often Lazy and come down for breakfast in my wet nappy and plastic pants. My mother would always get annoyed if she noticed.

Reactions: wetaccident, Lyric and bedwetterdavid
iampadded said:
Yes – thank God for towels. And how about the nights where you’d wake up and put a towel down over the wet spot and put on dry pjs and in the morning your jammies would be wet again and the towel would be soaking.
Been there done that countless times.

Reactions: bedwetterdavid
jamiejamie said:
I actually had nappies in the early 80s. Big blue adult disposables that often leaked.

Reactions: Soggy247 and Avjoe75
Wetshisbed said:
I actually had nappies in the early 80s. Big blue adult disposables that often leaked.
I mentioned earlier in this post about seeing blue disposables on a distant cousin or something back in the 80’s . He was autistic . Anyhow I was small framed and still fit disposable baby diapers well into my early teens . Never did get to try see one of those blue diapers you speak of but only that one time stick out the back of my cousins pants .

ballyhooser said:
If my overnight diaper can still hold some more I’ll start my day at LAFitness, work out in my wet diaper. I’ll take it off in the locker room, shower, and put on a new diaper. Some mornings I’m just too soaked when I wake up to do that.
I’ve done this too, although I tend to lose interest in keeping the diaper on during my workout if I’m really sweating.

In my 20s a few times I went into the locker room, made sure it was empty, then locked all my clothes up in a locker. I would the. Walk over to the sink area and wash my hands or whatever, challenging myself to not rush back and chicken out. I remember the feeling of embarrassment when a group of guys would suddenly come in all talking together, then suddenly stop awkwardly once they noticed me in nothing but a white Attends. I would then have to walk back to my locker and calmly open it and get dressed. Nobody ever said anything but the embarrassment was almost overwhelming.

Back