Wear to Doctor (by choice)?

HockeyGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For those who wear by choice, how many doctors know?

I need to go to the chiropractor Thursday. I’ve been many times before and never wear while there. I’m debating if I should just wear. Yes he would absolutely notice it but I doubt he would ask. I know it’s one of those things that if you wear once you will always be associated (especially at my age). What should I do? I’m 24/7 on and off and currently a few weeks in my latest stretch.

I kind of like the idea of one person just knowing and thinking I need to wear. It would be easier too so I don’t have to change in and out just for a chiropractor appointment.

Reactions: Diprs2 and pamperme2
Since you do not self-proclaim that you are IC. It is very likely that you can go without wearing a diaper.
Understanding that there is a large number of individuals that 'must' wear and have no choice! If that defines you, well you have no choice other than to wear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
HockeyGuy said:
For those who wear by choice, how many doctors know?

I need to go to the chiropractor Thursday. I’ve been many times before and never wear while there. I’m debating if I should just wear. Yes he would absolutely notice it but I doubt he would ask. I know it’s one of those things that if you wear once you will always be associated (especially at my age). What should I do? I’m 24/7 on and off and currently a few weeks in my latest stretch.

I kind of like the idea of one person just knowing and thinking I need to wear. It would be easier too so I don’t have to change in and out just for a chiropractor appointment.

I fell in the 24/7 trap so here’s my advice don’t. Let yourself control your wearing and when don’t ever let it control you!
I went 24/7 for 6 months something it was insane and I couldn’t stop because I felt I made so much progress to just stop now.

So I rose above it and stopped going 24/7 and now I enjoy it when I feel like it and don’t pressure myself into it, that’s my advice.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Joe100000
LittleMonsterUK said:
I fell in the 24/7 trap so here’s my advice don’t. Let yourself control your wearing and when don’t ever let it control you!
I went 24/7 for 6 months something it was insane and I couldn’t stop because I felt I made so much progress to just stop now.

So I rose above it and stopped going 24/7 and now I enjoy it when I feel like it and don’t pressure myself into it, that’s my advice.
After 6 months did you find yourself nervous about going without any protection? Did you develop any form of incontinence or mental dependency on diapers?

Reactions: Mommysdiaperboy and Diprs2
bret2 said:
After 6 months did you find yourself nervous about going without any protection? Did you develop any form of incontinence or mental dependency on diapers?

bowl movements became eerily easy 😂 but still controllable. I want to say a little bit of dribbling that did become noticeable but that’s it my advice would be to hold it in to strengthen your muscles then release a little later. If you want incontinence you can however get it just by releasing on urge. NEVER PHYSICALLY HARM YOURSELF to achieve it as it can literally be taught.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
LittleMonsterUK said:
bowl movements became eerily easy 😂 but still controllable. I want to say a little bit of dribbling that did become noticeable but that’s it my advice would be to hold it in to strengthen your muscles then release a little later. If you want incontinence you can however get it just by releasing on urge. NEVER PHYSICALLY HARM YOURSELF to achieve it as it can literally be taught.
Thanks for the response, I would never do physical harm. I’ve done some 24/7 stint, longest being a month. Currently on another, 1 week in and tempted to go for it. I find myself being concerned after a few weeks being concerned about going without protection from the fear that I’ll forget I’m not wearing a diaper and wet myself. I also notice that I quickly adapt to relaxing and going probably twice as often as normal.

hockeyguy, I've had the same thought about going to my primary care doctor. that would be a little different since he would wonder if there's a medical condition.
I think going to a non-primary care doctor would be fine if they know!

also, and I'm giving myself this advice as much as you... who cares what others think!

Reactions: Diprs2 and HockeyGuy
I would just wear a pull up if you must - may not notice that. but they may be super interested because pinched nerves can cause incontience and that might be something Chiro could help with. Or what’s going to happen in 6 months if you want to stop wearing but you told Chiro you were having issues?

LittleMonsterUK said:
The best thing about learned behaviors is that they can be unlearned. I've never understood the impulse to injure oneself to become incontinent.......or for any other reason.

I'm in between "normal" and DL. I'm a former DL who is presently wearing nearly 24/7 because it solves some logistical problems for me. I am in public without handy access to a bathroom A LOT because of my work. I'm not going to risk an indecent exposure charge, and I got sick of feeling like my bladder was going to explode all the time. I also hate having to get out of bed and stumble across the house in the dark, potentially injuring myself, because I have to pee. Wearing solves these problems so nicely.

I'm not trying to lose control, but I'm also not trying not to, and I see where I am losing some. In the past week or two I know I wet in my sleep once, and another time I woke up in the act of wetting, didn't care, and fell right back asleep. During the day I often "just go" without even thinking about it. So yes, I've given up some control. I'm not particularly worried about that. In the past I would have been, but I'm getting too old to sweat little stuff anymore. On top of that, I've found inexpensive products that work well for me, so it is not that expensive, and quite convenient.

Your attitude is that I should care. You clearly got to the point where you recognized you were relinquishing control and grabbed with both hands and clawed it back. Might I ask why? In the past I did this, too, but my reasoning has changed, and I'm curious what yours was. I don't care about "enjoying" them anymore; as I said, not really DL, just DU (diaper user.)

Hopefully the OP isn't upset that the thread is getting off topic.

@HockeyGuy It's up to you; do realize that even though it's out of his specific field he will be curious as to whether it's something that might need treatment, and he may pry to the point where you have to just say it's a preference to stop his medical instincts from trying to repair you. :O You'll have to decide how willing you are to have that conversation.

I'm getting to the point now where I could truthfully say, "As I got older, my bladder control diminished, so I wear protection." They don't need to know why. :)

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: tschornaja, littlefun and Diprs2
Edgewater said:
Since you do not self-proclaim that you are IC. It is very likely that you can go without wearing a diaper.
Understanding that there is a large number of individuals that 'must' wear and have no choice! If that defines you, well you have no choice other than to wear.
Like me I
must' wear and have no choice

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
KarmaBaby2 said:
I would just wear a pull up if you must - may not notice that. but they may be super interested because pinched nerves can cause incontience and that might be something Chiro could help with. Or what’s going to happen in 6 months if you want to stop wearing but you told Chiro you were having issues?
PULLUPS don't offer enough protection for my needs

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
dpcare said:
PULLUPS don't offer enough protection for my needs
But you arent author Of the post …. If you are incontinent then of COURSE wear your normal diapers to a Chiro appt. But the author is continent and just wearing for fun (for now) so pull ups will be much more discrete and then no lying about issues/medical info is needed

KarmaBaby2 said:
But you arent author Of the post …. If you are incontinent then of COURSE wear your normal diapers to a Chiro appt. But the author is continent and just wearing for fun (for now) so pull ups will be much more discrete and then no lying about issues/medical info is needed
No one needs to lie; no one should lie. Honesty really is the best policy. No lie ever made the world a better place. All they do is postpone (and usually intensify) unpleasant things. If he isn't willing to potentially have to reveal the truth, he should avoid the question.

DadPhilosopher said:
The best thing about learned behaviors is that they can be unlearned. I've never understood the impulse to injure oneself to become incontinent.......or for any other reason.

I'm in between "normal" and DL. I'm a former DL who is presently wearing nearly 24/7 because it solves some logistical problems for me. I am in public without handy access to a bathroom A LOT because of my work. I'm not going to risk an indecent exposure charge, and I got sick of feeling like my bladder was going to explode all the time. I also hate having to get out of bed and stumble across the house in the dark, potentially injuring myself, because I have to pee. Wearing solves these problems so nicely.

I'm not trying to lose control, but I'm also not trying not to, and I see where I am losing some. In the past week or two I know I wet in my sleep once, and another time I woke up in the act of wetting, didn't care, and fell right back asleep. During the day I often "just go" without even thinking about it. So yes, I've given up some control. I'm not particularly worried about that. In the past I would have been, but I'm getting too old to sweat little stuff anymore. On top of that, I've found inexpensive products that work well for me, so it is not that expensive, and quite convenient.

Your attitude is that I should care. You clearly got to the point where you recognized you were relinquishing control and grabbed with both hands and clawed it back. Might I ask why? In the past I did this, too, but my reasoning has changed, and I'm curious what yours was. I don't care about "enjoying" them anymore; as I said, not really DL, just DU (diaper user.)

Hopefully the OP isn't upset that the thread is getting off topic.

@HockeyGuy It's up to you; do realize that even though it's out of his specific field he will be curious as to whether it's something that might need treatment, and he may pry to the point where you have to just say it's a preference to stop his medical instincts from trying to repair you. :O You'll have to decide how willing you are to have that conversation.

I'm getting to the point now where I could truthfully say, "As I got older, my bladder control diminished, so I wear protection." They don't need to know why. :)

Regarding stumbling in the dark just leave the landing/bathroom light on I do it every night there’s no way I wouldn’t. (If cost is the issue just buy a low wattage bulb)

As for me after 6 months it got exhausting and was just tiring, so I decided to just stop after feeling burnt out. Plus my skin was starting to show the extent of wearing where it dug into my thighs ultimately 24/7 just isn’t for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Thank you, for your honesty!

Reactions: LittleRascal
Edgewater said:
Thank you, for your honesty!

Always, no problem. I still love wearing just not 24/7

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
LittleMonsterUK said:
Regarding stumbling in the dark just leave the landing/bathroom light on I do it every night there’s no way I wouldn’t. (If cost is the issue just buy a low wattage bulb)

As for me after 6 months it got exhausting and was just tiring, so I decided to just stop after feeling burnt out. Plus my skin was starting to show the extent of wearing where it dug into my thighs ultimately 24/7 just isn’t for me.
It's not the dark; it's the bed. I get precious little time in it, and have become increasingly resentful toward things that make me get out of it before it's absolutely necessary.

I understand about the thighs; I had a product that dug there, but don't remember which. I felt really secure, but it did start to hurt after awhile. Present products aren't doing that.

But we can all lose interest in things we once liked intensely through overexposure. As my reasons at this point are more practical than anything else, we'll see where it goes. Thank you for your candid response.

Reactions: LittleRascal
Update: I went yesterday and decided to change out of my diaper for the appointment. I’m not IC and someone brought up that pinched nerves could lead to IC so I thought there was a chance the Chiropractor could ask about it and I didn’t want to lie.

Wearing as often as I do, I’m sure at some point a doctor or acquaintance will find out.

Reactions: thedlguy and PadPhilosopher
As a 24/7 puppy, there simply isn't a good reason to take it off. Doctors work for you and your health, you don't work for them... And sometimes the medical issues I need the doctors help with relate to being diapered, like stubborn rash care. Part of my complete medical history involves wearing and using diapers full time - so they need to know sometimes.

To be clear, I don't flaunt my diapers, it's not a rush or a concern. My (newer to me) current primary care Dr might not even know I'm diapered just yet because he's yet to need to look down there, lol. But if and when it comes up, it'll be a frank conversation about not needing incontinence treatment / tests or diagnosis and that toilet training just wasn't a good fit for this puppy. Diapers allow me to live my best life for my own reasons and sanity.

If you're not a full time wearer or diaper dependent, it's probably just more convenient to leave the diaper off when working with medical personnel for unrelated issues as it COULD distract from the actual reason your there. As an extreme example, imagine your doctor more concerned about you wearing a diaper and understanding why than treating your broken arm.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
@PupSpaz well put. I’m not at full time yet (I’ve tracked 2023 and have worn 50% of days). Do many people know you wear? My fear of going full time is having to tell people I currently know. I almost think it would be easier if I wore a diaper to my first chiropractor appointment. Did you get asked much when you first went full time?

I don’t care as much about people knowing I wear as much as I worry about people knowing I wear bc I like it. So with family or even doctors who know me now, if they notice then I know I’ll get questions. Meeting a doctor for the first time I actually wouldn’t stress as much about.

Reactions: thedlguy and PadPhilosopher
Back