We didn't choose this !

Davvyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Let's face it, the desire to wear a nappy as an adult isn't mainstream !
But it is there non the least.
I'm sure most of us didn't choose to be this way.
Imagine discussing this with your friends and family?
However, it is a distinct part of us, it cannot be denied, not does it define us.
Given a choice, if I could undo this I wouldn't.
It is a coping mechanism that I rely on more and more as the world becomes increasingly violent by the day.
Maybe nappies could be a driver towards world peace??
Imagine Biden and Putin facing off wearing just a nappy??

• Haha
Reactions: CrazySmoker, BobbiSueEllen, dl015 and 7 others
Back in the day when I hung out in transgender chat rooms, we would say (of the trans lifestyle) "You don't choose it. It chooses you" and AB/DL is like that too. So although I'm not AB/DL I understand. And I wear adult pullups. 😇

• Love
Reactions: LittleTyke, BBBen, Napincolove and 2 others
PaigeCherubiel said:
Back in the day when I hung out in transgender chat rooms, we would say (of the trans lifestyle) "You don't choose it. It chooses you" and AB/DL is like that too. So although I'm not AB/DL I understand. And I wear adult pullups. 😇
That is a lovely reply.
Thank you ♥️

Reactions: BBBen, warmfeeling and PaigeCherubiel
Davvyboy said:
That is a lovely reply.
Thank you ♥️
Thank you PC,
Do you wear out of necessity?

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel
I agree! Diapers make me feel calmer. I feel like everyone has something they enjoy that may not be mainstream and if everyone embraced it, the world would be a better, more accepting place.

However, if I could change it, I would. If going for a run would make me feel the way a diaper makes me feel, I would be happy about that. I would also be in much better shape and not have to spend all the money I do on diapers.

But like you said, we don’t get to choose and it more than likely isn’t going to change or go away, at least for me.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, PaigeCherubiel, soggybottoms8882 and 2 others
Thank you very much 97 F❤️
Do both, go for a run then put a nappy on !
Life is not one dimensional.
Love your reply 🌹🌹🌹

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel and warmfeeling
Davvyboy said:
Let's face it, the desire to wear a nappy as an adult isn't mainstream !
But it is there non the least.
I'm sure most of us didn't choose to be this way.
Imagine discussing this with your friends and family?
However, it is a distinct part of us, it cannot be denied, not does it define us.
It is a coping mechanism that I rely on more and more as the world becomes increasingly violent by the day.
Maybe nappies could be a driver towards world peace??
You are right. I can’t think of a trigger, but the want to wear a nappy, for me has always been there, I wouldn’t change a thing, I love it. I do wish it was accepted more, but I think unless you are one of us, then it’s difficult to see why a grown adult would want to wear a nappy, unless there is a need to of course.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, PaigeCherubiel and MikeyInNappies
Actually one my biggest breakthroughs in therapy has been the acknowledgement that I do choose this, and I choose it everyday. I have loved diapers all my life and it is such an important part of my identity because I want it to be; I accept it and embrace it with all my heart because it's been an infallible coping mechanism since I was 4 years old. What I did not choose was all the sexual abuse to which I was subject at such tender age. I also didn't choose the injury that turned me into an adult bedwetter. But it was me who got curious about my baby brother's Pampers; it was me who put them on while growing up and it's always been me who has diapered myself every single day for the past 3 years just because I choose to be diapered over not being diapered.

It's taken years of therapy (and high doses of psychiatric meds) but I'm very comfident to say that every single diaper I've worn has given me nothing but comfort and security, even when I felt that loving diapers was a shameful burden. Feeling the soft padding hugging my tushie has made me feel that everything is ok, no matter what and I will always choose this above anything else, even the "shame" of paying for a packet of adult diapers and other "random orders" to a cute girl behind the counter back when I was a teen.

Diapers are not for everybody and the general opinion goes against wearing them, but the last time I checked everybody had the right to choose their underwear and mine happens to be thicker and more absorbent so the general opinion means nothing to me. I do not flaunt my diapers to the world but also I don't give them nor more nor less privacy than I used to give to my cotton undies.

The sooner you accept that you have a say in what you like to wear, the happier you will live with yourself.

Stay safe, stay diapered!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, CptKirk, PaigeCherubiel and 5 others
There is such an interesting duality to it. So many sides and so many ways to view it. In the end, “if it makes you happy, and you aren’t hurting anybody, just roll with it”. That has always been my motto. I have come close to telling people, but this is the only place that I express this feeling. It’s weird, because I remember being a child and still feeling the same way. Is it weird? Yes. Is it something I tell people? No. But is it part of me? Yes. There is something exciting about it. And to tell you the truth, there are so many people who I meet, and you can tell there is something dead in their eyes. So many people have lost the true feeling to be alive. And it’s so easy to feel good and make yourself happy. Diapers are a really weird thing, but whatever. It’s better than doing heroin or something crazy hahaha.

Reactions: Pelusos, Davvyboy, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
In my case, wanting to undo this is like changing myself so I don't enjoy chocolate anymore, why would I do something like that? It's stupid! 😯

Reactions: DinoFrant and PaigeCherubiel
I have to disagree slightly.

This may be a bit controversial and I apologise if this upsets anyone but...

For those who are IC only then yes this is correct they didn't choose it, this is the one case where wearing diapers may not be something they can choose to do or not.

However there are other methods to cope with it that they could also choose (catheters for instance as well as medicines, surgical procedures and exercises that can help stop/reduce it) the option to wear a diaper was something they have chosen over other alternatives, Now I will also grant that maybe not everyone has access to alternatives and/or maybe the alternatives are not suitable for each person but they do exist which does make wearing diapers a choice for many who are just IC (albeit one that has to be made).

There is more evidence to this where, any good doctor will try everything they can to fix IC so that people don't need diapers, since they have such an impact on the quality of life, and will often only recommend them as a last resort unless a patient states they would prefer wearing than going through other procedures.

In this case there may be little to no choice. However for those who are ABDL and IC then the ABDL side very much is a choice, it may be just a coping mechanism to help deal with the need to wear diapers or any other reason but the ABDL lifestyle side of it you choose to partake in.

Same for anyone who is solely ABDL with no IC. You may not have any idea where the desire comes from or you may know exactly what makes you feel this way, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of reasons why we choose to include ABDL aspects in our lives, some of those reasons may have a strong compulsion behind them but you still have the choice to partake or not.

Any one of us who are just ABDL could choose to stop wearing and leave it all behind right now, Sure it would be difficult, it would probably lead to a depression or other bad feelings and thoughts because we would be ignoring something we feel strongly about and for many of us has been there most of our lives, but the choice is there the same way that an overweight person can choose to change their life and start working out, change their diet (i.e. no gluten or sugar) and be more active, sure it's hard but it is an option.

I have been this way for 30+ years and I know that if I threw out all my nappies and ABDL stuff and never again went near anything associated with ABDL, I would really struggle probably for quite a long time as it is deeply ingrained in me now but as with anything, time, effort and practice would get me there.

I say all this not to upset anyone or to push peoples buttons but because I agree with what @DinoFrant said here...
DinoFrant said:
Actually one my biggest breakthroughs in therapy has been the acknowledgement that I do choose this, and I choose it everyday. I have loved diapers all my life and it is such an important part of my identity because I want it to be; I accept it and embrace it with all my heart because it's been an infallible coping mechanism since I was 4 years old. What I did not choose was all the sexual abuse to which I was subject at such tender age. I also didn't choose the injury that turned me into an adult bedwetter. But it was me who got curious about my baby brother's Pampers; it was me who put them on while growing up and it's always been me who has diapered myself every single day for the past 3 years just because I choose to be diapered over not being diapered...

...The sooner you accept that you have a say in what you like to wear, the happier you will live with yourself.

While many of us may not have chosen the things that led us to discover our ABDL side (whether it be trauma, abuse, IC or some disorder like autism etc.) We do choose to wear diapers and partake in ABDL activities.

As soon as you realise it is a choice you are making then you take control of it and when you are in control self acceptance comes much easier and with that a happier life and healthier emotional wellbeing.

Reactions: DinoFrant, Pelusos, Chodis and 3 others
Davvyboy said:
With how old they’re getting, there’s a chance it could happen! 🤣

• Thinking
Reactions: Davvyboy, PaigeCherubiel and Hemix
If there was the opportunity to lose this lifelong desire to wear and wet, I’d take it straight away

Reactions: warmfeeling, southeastlittle and PaigeCherubiel
Forced said:
If there was the opportunity to lose this lifelong desire to wear and wet, I’d take it straight away
See I don't think I would, not unless there was some major benefit or reward for doing so. I like who I am and I like that I enjoy my nappies even if that does get in the way of a normal life at times. I choose this and I am happy with that choice.

If someone came to me and said "here I have this magic pill that will completely remove your desire and interest in nappies and ABDL things forever" I would take it and flush it down the toilet to make a point. On the other hand if they also then said "if you take the pill you will get £250,000 every year for the rest of your life" I might take a minute or two to consider it, still not 100% sure I would even for that money, nappies have brought me so much joy and comfort over the years.

Reactions: DinoFrant, Hemix, warmfeeling and 1 other person
Davvyboy said:
Thank you PC,
Do you wear out of necessity?
I have a neck injury and am partially paralyzed. I wear medical supply adult pull-ups 24/7 for "leaks, dribbles & skid marks." I go #1 in a hospital urinal and #2 on a bedside commode. So . . . mostly I wear diapers (instead of "tighty-whiteys") to reduce the mess and dirty laundry for my caregiver wife. My garbage goes out to a big hole in the ground anyway. I've been there. 😇

Last edited:
Reactions: warmfeeling
Forced said:
You have given me something to think about @Forced. I’m not sure I would do the same. Yes it’s caused me grief at times but it’s also given me so much comfort and pleasure too. Super tough call.

Reactions: Forced, Hemix and warmfeeling
If I could give up the desires to wear a diaper, I would do it in a heartbeat. It would rid me of the biggest point of contention between my wife and me. It would also save money if I didn’t buy the premium diapers, although I only order a bag or two a year so it really isn’t that much. If I didn’t have any desire for diapers, I would stop fantasizing about diaper related things I would love my wife to do and then the disappointment of knowing they will never happen would be a thing of the past. I know there is an argument saying “but you would willingly be changing who you are,” but I don’t see it as a bad thing. Say a person lost their arm in some kind of accident. Yes, they learn to cope with it over time, accepting themselves for who they are and live life perfectly fine after some time. But I would put money on that same person taking a magic pill to regrow that missing arm even though they have learned to love themselves without it.

Reactions: Forced, warmfeeling and Subtlerustle
I've often asked myself this question, and l've reached the conclusion that l probably wouldn't change this part of myself either.
I had a girlfriend once say to me that she was quite envious of my 'nappy thing'. She said l have something she doesn't. Something comforting that could detach her from her problems etc. Maybe she just hadn't found it at that time, but when l think about it, l suppose l'm lucky!

Last edited:
Reactions: DinoFrant, Pelusos, warmfeeling and 1 other person
Diapers for me came later in life. What I did not choose was the involuntary age regression due to trauma that started at such a young age. But over the years following my regression and how it's changed, diapers were inevitable...it just took a while to feel safe enough to explore it.

Reactions: warmfeeling
Belarin said:
See I don't think I would, not unless there was some major benefit or reward for doing so. I like who I am and I like that I enjoy my nappies even if that does get in the way of a normal life at times. I choose this and I am happy with that choice.
The reward for me would be the lack of guilt and the conflicted feelings even after 20 or so years of it. I could say a lot more on the topic but it would be too much for this platform I think.

Your posts have helped me think more on it though and might have finally prompted me to see a therapist, so that's good...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Forced, warmfeeling and Belarin
Back