Wanting to understand baby/toddler psychology to... 'get into character' more or better?

PurpleScorpion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
Sometimes, I try to look into how toddlers see the world and think, to try and better understand them and to... create verisimilitude? if that's the right word for it. I don't want to feel like an adult cosplaying as a toddler, I don't want to fall into basic stereotypes of lisps and the like, I want to try and get as close as possible to feel like a real toddler.

Unfortunately, we have yet to develop a toddler mind-reading device, so right now all I have to go on are parenting books, Mommy blogs, and the like.

So, two-fold question:

Firstly, is this desire relatable? Do you get it? Have you done something similar?

And secondly, this is an open question to anyone with toddler experience from parenting to supervising daycare to babysitting, tell me your own spin on what you see often in toddlers. Maybe write from a toddler's POV to get us into their headspace.

Reactions: babydolllovie and longallsboy
First up, I totally get wanting to do this.
In all the years I tried exploring my AB/Little side I never felt quite right, kinda like imposter syndrome I guess. I just always felt like an adult pretending to be a kid, like an actor taking on a role rather than actually feeling like a little kid. Once or twice I managed that real feeling and it was great but I find it so hard to get there, perhaps with the right partner it might be easier. But this is I think one of the reasons I am drawn more toward the CG roles, I can still explore and play with the little one I'm with but don't have to worry about not feeling authentic.

My problem with someone like yourself using parenting books and "mummy/parenting" groups to research how children think/act/see the world etc. is that they are all written from the perspective of an adult in a care giving role over a child not the child's view themselves.

Any parent, carer, doctor, psychologist, teacher and so on will be looking at children's behaviours and thought processes from a point of trying and help mould that child and how best to help them learn and grow into a functional adult. It's possible some of them may have some pretty deep understanding of what and how children experience things and the reasons for that but the interpretation they give will always be skewed towards a "corrective" or "supportive" or "educational" etc. Stance even when they take the "let children be children" line they still aim to nurture and support growth.

Whereas an AB needs to take the reverse of that and learn how to put aside all the growth and development they have learned or had drummed into them over years. A lot of which is simply impossible without severe mental impairment. As an example of that...

Shut your eyes for a moment and picture a beach, any kind of beach, with or without people, think of the colours, the sights, sounds, smells, seaweed lining the tide, the foam on the waves washing up and down, seagulls flying around, the texture of the sand under your feet...

Quite easy right, almost like you were there. We've pretty much all seen a beach and have memories, sensations, sounds and smells associated with it.

Ok now try to imagine being on the international space station in a completely sealed, filtered and controlled environment, there's now gravity so you are just floating there but it's not like swimming, you have nothing to propel yourself from every slight movement moves your body in unforeseen ways, the only background noise being the hum of machines, no natural sounds, no distant highway roar. Imagine tipping out a cup of water, how do you even do that when there is no gravity to pull it out of the cup, how does the water look, move or feel when you finally do get it out...

Still possible, we have seen plenty of movies/tv in space and have an idea of how it should be but with no real personal experience it's harder to actually feel and believe it.

I could sit here and describe other scenarios that would be almost impossible for you to imagine, a Hypercube for instance, we have models and theories but it is impossible for us to really know what a 4 dimensional cube would actually look like.

This is kinda similar to how children might see things, imagine a 3 year old who has never been to or seen a beach before, not even on tv. The best you can describe it to them is "it's like a sand box but much bigger, with a huge open sea beside it." and that really won't do it justice, imagine now taking that 3 year old to a beach, how breath taking the scale of it is the wonder and excitement of discovery and adventure in everything around them being an entirely new experience with nothing they have seen before preparing them for it.

You will never get back to that point where the most simple things around you are brand new but you can try to bring a little wonder into your life by exploring things in new ways or taking time to really see things.

I went on a bit there so as to the second part of your question, the difficulty there is I could write entire volumes on what I see from toddlers and young children, I work in early years so it is my job to get into children's headspace and work out how each child see's things and thinks so I could probably give quite a decent portrayal of thought processes and children's POV.

The problem with that is that children at that age are a lot more varied and individual than people realise, there are so many things that can change a child's perspective and thought patterns that there is no "one size suits all" answer. Also given my own experiences with trying to enter my own little headspace even with all the things I know and have seen, it didn't help.

Sure understanding things from a child's perspective can give you some good insights and ideas, you might learn how to "replicate" a behaviour but that might not help you feel like that child. What's more important than that is learning what it is that makes you see things like an adult and working out how to smash those foundations and break the barriers that will allow wonder and adventure back into your world.

For example I have watched children spend over an hour just dropping an object in a water tray, over and over, because they were fascinated watching the splash and ripples and how other things moved on the surface afterward, an activity that an adult would probably get bored of after 10 minutes, even someone in little headspace, because they have seen it so many times already.

The best advice I can really give is just to take time with everything you do, really look at things find the details you miss most of the time, just stop and enjoy what you are doing, seeing, hearing, smelling, touching etc. experiment and explore.

My challenge to you...
Go and get:
1 cup salt
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Slowly add water as you mix it in a bowl, using your hands no spoons/tools allowed, until you have some nice some playdough. While doing this take time to really think about how it feels on your hands, not just does it feel nice or gross but explore the texture, how does it actually feel. Look at how it sticks, why it's sticky, what changes in the dry ingredients when you add water, how much do you need, what if you add to much does more flour bring it back.

When you have a good dough really dive into that texture, press it against your skin, different parts of your body, hands, face, arms, legs, feet, tongue, ears (carefully) squeeze it, stretch it, rip it, cut it, rub it, bash it, roll it, shape it, smell it, use your elbows instead of your hands, drop some in a bowl full of water and play with it in and out of the water, how does that change it, what does it feel like now, what about adding food dye and kneading it more, does the colour spread evenly, is it streaky, why is that, what if you make two colours and mix them. Throw it in the air, throw it at a wall, put it in the fridge for a bit, stick some in your pants!

Find some toys or other objects and press them into it, try and push it through things, wrap them up in it, use poster paint to colour it (might need more flour or it gets sticky) and try making marks/drawing with the painty playdough, grab some sand or gravel or small stones/twigs/leaves/herbs/beads/wool/buttons/sequins etc. and mix them in, how does it look and feel now, can you do anything new with it. Leave it on the table for a couple hours to dry out, how has it changed, make shapes and put them in an oven (with grown up supervision) for a bit to harden now you can paint them, stack them, use them for other toys or as decorations...

Just spend time exploring and really focusing on all the aspects and sensations of what you are doing do things that adult you would think is gross or wrong or a bad idea (don't be too stupid though). Use your whole body including your tongue, allow all your senses to give you information and you will be using the mindset of a small child.

On a random side note, really young children explore a lot of things with their tongue and putting things in their mouth even after reaching an age where they know they shouldn't and understand why. There is a really good reason for this, the tongue is exceptionally good at giving the brain accurate feedback about texture and how things feel and the brain stores and recalls this information well.

For the vast majority of people If I asked you to imagine running your fingers over an orange and how it feels you might think "bumpy" but if I then told you to imagine running your tongue over the surface of the orange you brain is able to recall that texture almost as if you were actually doing it right then and there. The memory of texture on the tongue is a deeper and more physical memory than that of your skin. Sometimes even for things that have never been in your mouth like if I told you to imagine stroking a cat and then licking the cat, you can probably "feel" the fur on your tongue more than your hand.

*edited to add*
Holy crap I looked back through this after posting and I think it's the longest post I've made since my threaded armour review LMAO sorry for the essay.

Last edited:
Reactions: littleph0enix, BBBen and BenNevis
No need to apologize for the length! I appreciate it.

Well I agree I'm not a fan of baby talk. But I also don't think it's a about imitating. If you are a little or a DL wanting to explore your little side. I think it's more about getting to know your little side, whatever that looks like. Dont worry if it's in line with how actual toddlers behave. I knew a little that would be diaped in a onesie eating goldfish while working on his Doctorate thesis. There are no rules here. Get to know yourself. Try a few things mix it up, see what feels right. No 2 littles are the same, so enjoy getting to know your little side😊 good luck!

• Wow
Reactions: longallsboy, enigmatic and dogboy
I have a 4 year old grandson and he defines the word energy. Toddlers run around and yell a lot. He likes playing with little cartoon figures and has an active imagination. But I agree with HoneySnow. Just be you and do you. I'm sure your close to acting like a child. After all, you were one once.

Reactions: longallsboy
The thing is, however, that I have shifting moods and I'm flexible with my age and personality.

This isn't about wanting to be Me At 2 so much as it is wanting a solid broad understanding of various mindsets.

Like, let's take an example of what I mean. My interest in potty training has been observed. Sometimes I like to play a potty trainer. But the specifics can vary. This is me trying three different 'toddler's POVs' of the start of potty training, one positive, one neutral, and one negative.

"Daddy told me I was ready to use the potty today! I'm so excited. My big bro uses the potty and I wanna be like him. Daddy let me wear big boy pants! I sat on the potty and made a pee pee! I got a sticker for that."

"Mommy says I'm a big boy and big boys don't use diapers. She put me on the potty but nothing came out. The potty's kinda boring. I don't mind going and sitting when Mommy says so, but I'd rather play."

"Daddy said I gotta use the potty, but I'm scared... it makes loud sounds when it flushes. What if there's a monster in it? I like it when Mommy changes my diaper. She sings and plays games with me..."

Toddlers sometimes get different objects mixed up like forks and spoons, potty chairs and car seats, high chairs and potty chairs, bathtubs and toilets, showers and toilets, sandboxes and toilets, and finally swimming pools and toilets (if Rugrats is anything to go by). This type of confusion in the toddler experience is intermittent, though. Usually toddlers actually have a pretty good idea of what is going on around them and what it means.

Other non-toilet-related conceptual mix-ups can also occur but none immediately come to mind.

Last edited:
This is fascinating, here are some of my insights. I have a vivid memory of my childhood from 4 years old onwards. I'm not interested in the baby stage younger than this, because I don't have any memory of it, but I love putting myself in the mind of one aged 4-7. One thing I remember mostly is curiosity about the world. I'll echo what @Belarin said about experimenting with playdough; spending a long time just playing with it, observing it, feeling it. I remember doing this with lots of things: I loved watching water flowing in fountains and waterfalls, traffic on the roads: I remember noticing how when traffic lights changed to green, the cars would move off one at a time, instead of all at once. If I'm in the right mindset now, I can spend a long time just doing or watching the same thing.

Another childish mindset is being in the here and now. Small hurts can feel "devastating" when you're little, and it feels like the world is ending: youngsters have not yet learned that the feelings and sensations are temporary, and that things will be all right again soon. Also, children do not have much sense of time. As adults, our lives are ruled by time, but "five more minutes" means nothing to a young child.

Toilets were both fascinating and scary to me. I don't remember the nappy or potty stage, but I do remember using the "big" toilet, needing to step up on a stool to use it, and it being scary if the seat was up: the rubber supports made it look like an open-mouthed monster, and was right on my eye level. In my childhood, there were still lots of high-level cisterns, so I couldn't reach the chain to flush it, and when an adult did it for me, it made a thundering noise.

Sensory things are vital to me when I'm little. I love feeling things, such as the shoes on my feet (without socks). I have a vivid childhood memory of some red leather T-bar shoes being buckled on to my bare feet: I couldn't get them off myself and my toes were trapped, and I could feel them as I toddled about; I even remember "discovering" that I stopped feeling them after a while.

Also, things being hidden away. To a child, if something is covered, it is almost as if it has gone for good. (The Natural History Museum in London has a fantastic section on "how children learn", and I remember a video explaining this.) Suppose an adult puts a toy in a cup, and then puts it under a cloth, a young baby is likely to look in the cup, and then give up. I think I found wearing shoes fascinating and scary for this reason: when they were put on me, it was as if my toes had ceased to exist. Wearing sandals was different: I could see my toes were "still there". It's why the "peepbo" game is fun and bit scary for children: mummy's suddenly not there, then she is.

And I have one really big thing that brings me down to childish thinking, and covers many sensory things: being blindfolded by someone else. When I can't see, my other senses become much more prominent, and I have to "explore" where I am by hearing, touch, smell, and taste. I forget the adult reality of where I really am. I am also dependent on my caregiver. If I hear a story, I can imagine much more that I am in the story. I lose all sense of time, as I can't see to look at a clock. This really plays into the "things being hidden away" which I have described above. It takes a bit of time to feel little: when the blindfold first goes on, I can still picture things around me, but if I am spun round, I quickly lose that sense of orientation. I love to play with sensory toys, such as shape sorters, which then become childishly difficult to play with, but not impossible. I have a few memories of being blindfolded as a child: I remember seeing other children being blindfolded to pin the tail, and wondering why they were all getting it in the wrong place; then when it was my turn, I was shocked to find I couldn't see a thing! I had not expected the scarf to completely block my vision, or to turn black so I couldn't even see what colour it was. I found it very thrilling if I was blindfolded for a game, such as guess who is speaking in a funny voice, or try to point at someone sneaking up to grab something near me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BBBen, longallsboy and Belarin
I feel that overthinking this, or aiming for some weird method acting/training is only going to result in continued feelings of inauthenticity.

I’ve expressed this before, tapping into or tuning into fundamental feelings and sensations is key to experiencing some authentic approximation of being little.

If you do happen to observe babies or toddlers, you’ll notice that they don’t overly consider their behaviour, they just enjoy the sensations present in the moment. The only time they seem to divert from this is when they are actively imitating adult behaviour, then it ceases to be intuitive and becomes intentional.

I guess as I’ve been slipping into little space since I was literally there, my experience when there, feels quite natural. I’ll admit that it’s a bit strange to have a present mind’s perspective concurrently with an infant mindset, but having always done this, the segregation is equally natural.

I am able to immerse myself in the little mind space completely, and when I do, even if only for short periods of time, my physical and emotional experiences are manifestly different, my senses are heightened so much more. It’s almost as though our adult experiences are tempered or desensitised. Everything feels incredible and authentic to me in little space.

I truly love my brief moments of time travel, and often wish for more extended play, but honestly know and understand the fleeting nature of it. I’m cool with that, and really do love all the adult aspects of my life as well. Being so in tune with my little self, does mean that I can enjoy a more sensual adult experience of life also - and still have a safe retreat from life’s more difficult and stressful aspects.

I love that I can be an adult that has the capacity to see things through the eyes of a child. Perhaps we are the lucky ones that chose not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

• Love
Reactions: AJFan2020 and KCA
Okay I will book mark this and look back on this later since this is 100% one of the thing I have been researching slowing since joining here for the last year and a bit.

I think the only thing I'll say for now is that its good to know other are thinking along the same line and that it is all pretty interesting to take in what each person wants from what they learn.

So whenever I'm in the little head space it's really interesting it seems like everything seems new and exciting and fun.

My most recent Big works in pre-school education. She knows a lot a lot of about development, the stages kids go through, and behavior from both experience and education.

It's hard to explain, but she give me positive reinforcement when I'm Little. The other day she picked me up to go to a friend's birthday party, and she said "I see you, you don't have to mask when you're Little around me." She could tell I'm in Littlespace but trying not too. Like we can have full-on adult conversations, but she could tell I was in Littlespace trying to not.

Not to advocate drug use, I know everyone is different, but stoned and Littlespace are in the same zip code for me. One of my fav nights with this Big was time we smoked out, watched Bluey, and ordered Chinese food. Don't know if this makes any sense.

I really don't do babytalk. Bigs and Little friends usually pick up on when I'm Little.

dogboy said:
I have a 4 year old grandson and he defines the word energy. Toddlers run around and yell a lot. He likes playing with little cartoon figures and has an active imagination. But I agree with HoneySnow. Just be you and do you. I'm sure your close to acting like a child. After all, you were one once.

Funny you mention this. Most 4 year olds are indeed very talkative and run a lot. I wouldn't really call a 4 year old a toddler, though. A 4 year old is more like a preschooler. At one of my local libraries, I was an assistant co-host at Preschooler Storytime for 15+ years. The children at our Preschooler Storytime were 3 to 5 years old. 4 year olds, and even many 3 year olds do not use "baby talk" at all. I've had some very detailed conversations with 4- and 5- year olds through my lifetime, as a child, a teen (one of my close friends was 5 years old and in kindergarten when I was 13 in 8th grade in the late 1980s, in a Catholic K-8 school), and even as an adult. My now retired children's librarian friend I used to co-host with, now in her mid 60s, have had several friendships with preschoolers and their parents and went out to eat frequently for lunch together after Preschooler Storytime at restaurants.

Some educators say toddlers are prone to having tantrums. I disagree as I have eaten with hundreds of children in my life in restaurants (including children of friends of my parents when I was a child myself) and have never seen a child throwing themselves to the ground or carpet and having a tantrum.

I have Classic Autism and ADHD, and if there is anyone who acts like a 4 year old without pretending, it's likely me. Emotionally and socially I am indeed like a 4 1/2 year old. I'm not even actually an adult baby as I don't wear diapers at all. I do have interests in "childish" and childhood things, though, certainly. It's not like I even actively set aside my maturity at all. I mean I'm like a child emotionally and socially 98% of the time. Any preteen is definitely much more mature than me. Of course, intellectually is a different story. But it's not unusual, according to multiple research papers, for college graduates with Autism, to be emotionally and socially like 7 to 11 year olds even. Emotional and social age, and sometimes occasionally even mental age, has nothing to do with general intelligence or academic ability. And there are plenty of subteens who go to a community college. Almost any community college I've gone to has had students who are preteens. An English teacher I know had a child who was 9 in her community college level English class.

I tend to get active and over talkative. As my children's librarian friend puts it, I can actually get quite intense sometimes. This gets to the point where I'm so talkative (and intense) that no "adult" in their right mind wants to spend more than 4-5 hours with me at most. I'll talk nonstop if you let me and I have boundless energy, which is unusual for someone who is chronologically in his late 40s. I easily look 26 more than in my late 40s. People tend to be way off when they guess how old I am. Usually I get mid 20s. But no one really wants to be with over 5 hours. Some preschoolers can talk to me hours every day over multiple days. Other than that, 4-5 hours is the most that most adults can tolerate me. I start to get annoying to most adults. I suspect a lot of adults get annoyed with talkative children. I totally suspect this is the reason a lot of moms send their preschoolers to preschool. Partly so they can get an education, but also so that their talkative young children get out of their hair for awhile and then they can get some house chores done or go shopping. You can't do much when your child keeps talking and says "Momma....momma....momma" in a high pitched piping voice every 10 minutes. I've seen parents so frustrated with their child's endless talking that they have them facing a wall for 10 minutes as a type of punishment.

The only adults who stay around me longer than 5 hours are generally people who don't have a choice. I mean, like my parents because they have to accompany me on vacations (as I don't drive. I have a driver's license but my attention span is very bad, I can't concentrate driving more than 25-30 minutes). Or for example, friends I visit who live far away (like my old high school friend that is one year older than me who lives 5 hours south of me) when going back home the same night is not possible. Then they are stuck with me. I wonder if there are other developmentally disabled people who are talkative to the point of a preschooler level. I've met some Autistic people who are rather talkative, but not quite like me.

Ironically, what makes me annoying to most adults actually makes me a real fun person to be around if you are a preschooler. Heck, I'm even a baby magnet. We're not talking about even 4 year olds. I'm talking about 18 month olds. I've had moms tell me their 18-24 month olds wanted me to hold them. This was even at events like where I was hosting a sock hop type of oldies music dance for preschoolers during a holiday in the auditorium of the library. 🤷😂💜💜

I probably could be that passenger on an airplane that could placate a tantruming 3 year old in mid flight. I can also easily entertain preschoolers and toddlers. My mom has even noted (and has seen) my incredible patience with young children. Even taking a young child's picture, some photographers are impatient waiting to get the right pose. I am not. I am willing to wait as long as it takes. I've gotten some good photos of my nephews when younger (they are now 7 and 11) playing, that way.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: AJFan2020 and dogboy
littleph0enix said:
Okay I will book mark this and look back on this later since this is 100% one of the thing I have been researching slowing since joining here for the last year and a bit.

I think the only thing I'll say for now is that its good to know other are thinking along the same line and that it is all pretty interesting to take in what each person wants from what they learn.
Hope to see you soon, once you're done compiling and analyzing.

Love this topic!

I also like looking for authenticity in ageplay. As a 3- or 4-year-old, I don't do baby talk, but I do use my childish voice and use simpler words and sentences when in little mode.

Stuff like this can also be used as a reference guide: https://www.choc.org/primary-care/ages-stages/3-years/

Reactions: longallsboy and AJFan2020
Albasion said:
Love this topic!

I also like looking for authenticity in ageplay. As a 3- or 4-year-old, I don't do baby talk, but I do use my childish voice and use simpler words and sentences when in little mode.

Stuff like this can also be used as a reference guide: https://www.choc.org/primary-care/ages-stages/3-years/
I enjoyed looking at that. My 4 year old grandson is very advanced in his language. The other day he said to his mother, "Mommy, are you hungry?" She said, yes, a little and he said, "Well, good; then you can eat my butt!" He's 4!

So the explanation is this. The last time they visited me, I had saved a SNL episode which I thought was really funny and showed it to my son and daughter-in-law while he was out of the room, but apparently he was listening.

Little kids are amazing and they're sponges, absorbing and processing everything they see and hear.

Last Christmas my son was at Walmart with him as they were doing some Christmas shopping and eventually my son said, we need to get done and go home or mommy will be mad at us. And he said, "Yes, mommy will be mad at both us mother fuckers!" I told that story at our Christmas dinner with my other son and family and we all had a good laugh. My son with the 4 year old is a football coach so you can guess where the language came from....sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: longallsboy and LittleAndAlone
One thing I recall reading is that often Toddlers have a bad habit of not quite getting longer sentences (this was from a book called The Happiest Toddler On The Block, which I accessed earlier at the Internet Archive's digital library section), where it was said that in essence a sentence from a parent like:

"Logan! We don't paint on the walls. It's bad manners. It makes a mess. Stop that right now!"

essentially becomes

"Logan! Blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah."

One thing they advocated for was 'Toddlerese' where you intentionally use short, emotional sentences to make things make sense for them, like:

"You want paint! But no, no paint on wall! Paint on wall makes Mommy sad."

Reactions: AJFan2020
Oh oh oh, you should try watching a UK TV show called The Secret Life of 4, 5 and 6 Year Olds! It basically follows 4, 5 and 6 year olds filming all of their interactions, how they play, them talking to each other at a nursery school set up for the show... I found it to be helpful anyway!

And like @Belarin said try different crafts and activities, I find Pinterest to be really good for ideas for this too, like genuine toddler activities!

Reactions: longallsboy
I'm not really consistent about it. In some regards I like to be authentic. But deep down I think it's not really possible, so I try to suspend disbelief.

I don't do a whole lot of regressing though.

Okay I have just gone over all the stuff on the thread so I think its time I did what I said I would do. (Though I have to say it was interesting seeing how others have seen or taken this path before us)

I think I should start by saying that before I really got into any of this (not so much little stuff but just having time to think about my self openly) that I am someone that is very methodical and will very often over analyse things simply out of interest..... A bit of a curse/ blessing since nearly anything is interesting but I tend to find that it comes with a lack of emotions which can make what I know hard to feel? in a way?

Back to the point of the thread once I had committed to opening up this little side of mine I was pretty surprised with how much info there was (in some ways I did find it kind of frustrating as well as conflicting), since then I have had a good idea of what being little or having little space was like but didn't fully understand it or how others seems to be able to control/ get overwhelmed with there own littleness.

I would be lying if I said I was not fantasize by this world that seemed to much more than I had already known so I slowly started by taking in what others had said/ thought and compared them to my own (as well as trying and testing experiences that littles and baby's would have had), at first it really did feel more like I was simply "getting into character" as you say and I now I think that was 100% down to the fact I was just trying to live a life that was not my own. (The kind of things I used to think I would enjoy if I was really in little space)

Once I had taken in many ideas as well as little experiences I kind of ended up with two paths before me, one path which still focused realistically on what being little would be like/ reliving that side of life and the other path which I slowly started to understand more recently that I already had my own kind of littleness/ little space I just didn't really think much of since I had always been that way. (Which is most likely why I seek to understand more about littleness overall)

At this point you more or less end up where a lot of other people have already covered, be it trying to understand on a deeper level what being little is really like in reality thinking that it might make you more happy or instead of doing what you think being little is like in general just trying to focus on what kinds of things you like/ want to do when little in the first place. I dont think there is a wrong path too much but generally I was able to enjoy myself more when I just did what I wanted within my own little mindset and trying to not think about anything past that to much (really really hard for someone thats loves to always think about something haha), I do think its still worth it to think about how a child reacts to the world since that gives a better understand to the kind of stuff our own little might like/ want to try or like to do as well. (Don't really find it helpful to know what I dont like as a little since being a little in the first place should be about what makes you happy in my mind)

So to answer your first question (since other then family I cant really answer the second question) the desire is pretty relatable, hopefully I think get it 🤣 and while I do understand the thought that little space should feel better if it's more realistic I have not tried too much to do a live study of how kids realistically come to the decisions they make or feelings they have to reflect on how my own little space should be.

Back