Vivactive Slip (Review)

Cherrypie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Vivactive is a budget brand sold online in the UK. Ontex and Drylock manufacture their nappies and pull ups. I’ve been trying out their slips for the last 2 weeks. I usually wear Tena ProSkin slips, but thought I’d give these a try. Mainly down to cost, as these are the cheapest nappies available in the UK.

They do two absorbencies of slips. Plus and Super. Both look pretty much identical plain white and discreet. The Super has 3 lines on the wetness indicator, the Plus has 2.
IMG_8131.jpeg

The plus is very thin and will hold around 1-2 wettings. The super is thicker whilst still remaining discreet, it holds around 3-4 wettings and does bulge out quite a bit when wet.
IMG_8133.jpeg

I’d say the Super is the best out of the two. I’m very surprised at how much it holds for a budget nappy. Comparing it with Tena, I’d say it holds almost as much as an Ultima. And what impresses me the most about this product is how well it masks odours. There is no smell of urine under the bedsheets at all in the morning. Something that Tena doesn’t seem to do very well. The only flaw I find with this nappy is the cloth wings. They are very thin and become quite loose fitting after a while. But I always wear a pair of underwear over my nappy which seems to keep it in place.

These slips are made by Ontex, so It’s said to be similar to an iD slip. And yes, it does look identical in shape and form, but I haven’t worn an iD slip in a while so can’t compare.
IMG_8135.jpeg

All in all, I am seriously considering changing my usual Tena to the Vivactive Slip Super. It’s discreet enough as a daytime nappy, but also works well for night time. It’s the impressive odour control that’s winning me over with these. And of course the very competitive price. Around £8 for a pack of 15, or a case of 90 for less than £50. If you are on a budget, then these definitely tick the box.
IMG_8138.jpeg

Reactions: Constantlydamp, TreeLad, Deleted member 39193 and 2 others
That’s a great review - thanks! 👍

I can’t tell if they’re cloth backed or plastic backed.

theancientmariner said:
I can’t tell if they’re cloth backed or plastic backed.
Sorry, they are cloth backed.

Cherrypie said:
Sorry, they are cloth backed.
That's a deal breaker for me

Reactions: soggybottoms8882
I've tried these as well and had mixed opinions. I think that the issue for me is that I found them to be on the larger side. I could do with trying these again in different sizes.

dpcare said:
That's a deal breaker for me
Me as well. More so because they're only available in the UK.

I used ID slip super for a few years as my day to day nappies, these look pretty much identical to the last batch I bought around 2020/21.
They were pretty decent, absorbency was brilliant, much better than there previous incarnation, but the side material doesn't seem to have been improved, that was the biggest downside that they just wouldn't stay up, the tighter you taped them the faster the sides would stretch leaving the nappy loose and prone to leaks.
Another thing was the cores sap distribution was quite rear biased so very difficult to utilise during daytime usage.
I found there performed a lot better than the previous version from around 2018, they where really pretty awful, mostly in terms of fit and absorbency, but the plastic backed ones from before around 2016 where amazing, these are still available as drylife slip super, I've not tried them for a few years would be interested to see an up to date review or them.

Reactions: Cherrypie
HappyNappin said:
I used ID slip super for a few years as my day to day nappies, these look pretty much identical to the last batch I bought around 2020/21.
They were pretty decent, absorbency was brilliant, much better than there previous incarnation, but the side material doesn't seem to have been improved, that was the biggest downside that they just wouldn't stay up, the tighter you taped them the faster the sides would stretch leaving the nappy loose and prone to leaks.
Another thing was the cores sap distribution was quite rear biased so very difficult to utilise during daytime usage.
I found there performed a lot better than the previous version from around 2018, they where really pretty awful, mostly in terms of fit and absorbency, but the plastic backed ones from before around 2016 where amazing, these are still available as drylife slip super, I've not tried them for a few years would be interested to see an up to date review or them.
I loved the iD slip in 2016. Brings a lot of fond memories back when I first moved into my own place and could wear when I wanted. ID was my go to nappy at that time.

Cherrypie said:
I loved the iD slip in 2016. Brings a lot of fond memories back when I first moved into my own place and could wear when I wanted. ID was my go to nappy at that time.
It's a shame you wear a large, I've got a few packs of the old ones left that I'm saving but can't bring myself to use.
If you're interested in trying the drylife the cheapest place to get them is Dorset nursing supplies, they also seem to have them in stock more reliably than other retailers.

Should also have mentioned that the ID slip super have gotten really expensive, there 72ppn, pence per nappy*, Vs 53ppn for the vivactive.
Should point out that tena slip super are considerably cheaper at 43ppn, although they have a much lower absorbency rating I suspect there daytime performance would be comparable.

*All prices as published on incontinence choice for a single pack of mediums excluding tax and shipping.

Do the tapes hold / stay in place over night / wearing and moving around during the day
every cloth diaper I've tried with Velcro tapes always pop off

SparkyDog said:
Do the tapes hold / stay in place over night / wearing and moving around during the day
every cloth diaper I've tried with Velcro tapes always pop off
The tapes hold fine, there very strong almost too strong, it's the side panel material that stretches over time, so constant readjustment of the tapes is needed.
The tapes are both velcro and adhesive on these and can pull the non woven cover off the nappy quite easily if over tightened or if re-tapeing.

• Thinking
Reactions: SparkyDog
Great review! but I feel like they won't fit anybody they are too small, and the tapes look like they will rip when taping up the diaper.

HappyNappin said:
It's a shame you wear a large, I've got a few packs of the old ones left that I'm saving but can't bring myself to use.
If you're interested in trying the drylife the cheapest place to get them is Dorset nursing supplies, they also seem to have them in stock more reliably than other retailers.

Should also have mentioned that the ID slip super have gotten really expensive, there 72ppn, pence per nappy*, Vs 53ppn for the vivactive.
Should point out that tena slip super are considerably cheaper at 43ppn, although they have a much lower absorbency rating I suspect there daytime performance would be comparable.

*All prices as published on incontinence choice for a single pack of mediums excluding tax and shipping.
Yes I have a pack of drylife. I don’t really get on with plastic backed nappies nowadays. My skin is very prone to irritation so I only wear them now and again. But I find the ID Maxi Prime looks to be made of the same spec as the Drylife. It’s the exact same shape, just cloth backed.

I wouldn’t compare the Tena Super with the Vivactive Super. The Vivactive is more of a maxi absorbency so in terms of price I would compare it with the Tena Maxi which are similarly priced to the Vivactive. I normally wear the Tena Maxi during the day, but the Vivactive seem to be working better for me in that they have better odour control and hold more.

Cherrypie said:
I don’t really get on with plastic backed nappies nowadays. My skin is very prone to irritation so I only wear them now and again.

Sorry to hear about the irritation, but it’s good to hear that you have found a solution that works for you. I think I have been incredibly lucky and not to have had this problem, so I’ve been happy to stick with the plastic-backed Tena Actives.

Hearing your thoughts about the Vivactives has been informative though and it makes me feel that I should perhaps be more open to other alternatives too.

DLmikey said:
Sorry to hear about the irritation, but it’s good to hear that you have found a solution that works for you. I think I have been incredibly lucky and not to have had this problem, so I’ve been happy to stick with the plastic-backed Tena Actives.

Hearing your thoughts about the Vivactives has been informative though and it makes me feel that I should perhaps be more open to other alternatives too.
Oh if I could get away with it, I’d wear Tena active fit all the time. I maybe go back to them in the future and see how my skin takes to them.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
Those are basically Tesco Junior Plus but upsized.

All made by Ontex (who make ID), of course.

Back