Pottypants Bratty Princess Extraordinaire
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
I tend to be pretty obsessed with fashion, especially when it comes to vintage fashion. My main preference being anything from the Victorian and Edwardian eras as there's just something about the elegance of those eras that really draws me in and my tastes even spill over backwards into the final decade of the 18th century. I really enjoy Western women's and youth fashion newer than 1789 and older than 1910 as after 1909, Western fashion has some interesting aspects to it but I tend to lose interest until eventually picking it back up again towards the end of the 20th century (around 1970s-80s onward to about the end of the 2000s. I do, however enjoy Eastern fashion past 1910 as Taisho Period fashion really draws me in. I also make it no secret I'm a fan of Lolita fashion. I am also lately being drawn in to close cousins like Mori, Dolly Kei, and some Otome fashion.

Now, my rambling about my tastes aside, I made this thread for two reasons:

1. Does anyone else here have similar tastes

2. Does anyone have ideas for outfits or ensembles within those parameters that could potentially go well with diapers?

BrattyPrincessSophie said:
I tend to be pretty obsessed with fashion, especially when it comes to vintage fashion. My main preference being anything from the Victorian and Edwardian eras as there's just something about the elegance of those eras that really draws me in and my tastes even spill over backwards into the final decade of the 18th century. I really enjoy Western women's and youth fashion newer than 1789 and older than 1910 as after 1909, Western fashion has some interesting aspects to it but I tend to lose interest until eventually picking it back up again towards the end of the 20th century (around 1970s-80s onward to about the end of the 2000s. I do, however enjoy Eastern fashion past 1910 as Taisho Period fashion really draws me in. I also make it no secret I'm a fan of Lolita fashion. I am also lately being drawn in to close cousins like Mori, Dolly Kei, and some Otome fashion.

Now, my rambling about my tastes aside, I made this thread for two reasons:

1. Does anyone else here have similar tastes

2. Does anyone have ideas for outfits or ensembles within those parameters that could potentially go well with diapers?
I enjoy the western fashion of the Edwardian era, I love all the airy fabrics of the day fashion, with the hem flounces. Honestly, since they often padded their hips/bum anyway, wearing a diaper with an outfit like that would work well (and it would remove the obstacle of "how the heck do I go pee with my three layers of skirt?)
Lolita, from what I know, often borrows from Victorian fashion, with its puffed out skirts and accessories like fans and gloves, so I see where the lolita and vintage aesthetic overlap. I know pretty much nothing of Eastern historical fashion, so I can't comment on that.
For me there's a strong overlap between vintage dresses and cottagecore, I am really into earthy colours and simple yet elegant dresses that fall below the knee at the moment. (I also like to call it the Hobbit aesthetic.) As someone who sews, there's a whole rabbithole of historical costuming youtubers to spiral into, and honestly it has taught me a lot on how to make my garments better. My only proper historical outfit at the moment is an Edwardian lingere gown which I made to wear at a diner en blanc, but since I now have all the undergarments already I may make a mint green afternoon dress as well. I tend to loop back to the 1950s "new look" every now and then, cause those dresses are more wearable in everyday life, but I haven't actually made many dresses in that style. Right now I am mildly considering making a 20s dress, but then again I am very curvy which is not ideal for loose or dropped waistlines. Looks pretty darn comfy though...
I kind of want to look into men's fashion too because my friend (who does not sew but is very supportive of my sewing rambles) has expressed an interest in regency men's fashion and it would be a little bit amazing to have coordinating outfits.

I love the Victorian gothic look, and rather like rockabilly as well.

Reactions: KMichelle
This looks like an outfit that could go really well with diapers.

967733ae8d.jpg

Reactions: KMichelle and Furrytum
That looks amazingly awesome and addictive to wear, I'd love to wear that right now!!!

This would be nice!

Attachments

• tumblr_4010c7849c90c1421da22a2f502b7092_b7550f1f_1280.jpg
    tumblr_4010c7849c90c1421da22a2f502b7092_b7550f1f_1280.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 10
Back