Vintage Aussie nappies help

PaddedCub

Toddler / Baby cub
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I’m looking for information about Australian nappies from 1999 to about 2004. I’m just curious if anyone can identify these nappies, since many of you have a particular interest in diaper history.

I have early memories of cardboard boxes that used to hold bulk amounts of nappies. The cardboard was strong enough to play with and store stuff in. I think it even had a proper cardboard lid to go on top. I think the box had green on it, and maybe Winnie the Pooh characters? Big maybe though. I they might have been Huggies brand, but maybe Babylove? Both feel very familiar.

We also had colourful, stackable box containers that baby wipes came in. My parents still have some of them they are great for storage. I recently when on a search to find them and it turns out they are Chubs brand. Here’s a photo of what they looked like.

5911F80B-2A57-42D7-9F3A-B96C0A66E830.jpeg

I don't have a colour picture, unfortunately, but you might be thinking of these:

huggies 2000.jpg

Huggies didn't get Winnie the Pooh prints on the nappy until 2004 at the earliest, and it might have been a year or two later. Green packaging for Huggies meant newborn size nappies; larger sizes are packaged in blue (nappies for boys) or pink (nappies for girls). But those boxes might have been green.

Kimbies VIP's nappies came in green packaging that featured a teddy bear wearing a nappy. I'm not sure if they came in boxes, though.

Reactions: PaddedCub
KCA said:
I don't have a colour picture, unfortunately, but you might be thinking of these:

View attachment 134268

Huggies didn't get Winnie the Pooh prints on the nappy until 2004 at the earliest, and it might have been a year or two later. Green packaging for Huggies meant newborn size nappies; larger sizes are packaged in blue (nappies for boys) or pink (nappies for girls). But those boxes might have been green.

Kimbies VIP's nappies came in green packaging that featured a teddy bear wearing a nappy. I'm not sure if they came in boxes, though.
Would thanks for all the info! It definitely could have been those as them look vaguely familiar

Back