Veterans, especially OIF/USMC

JeriHfoley18

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Am I the only vet dealing with random incontinence, no idea how, diabetes/uab/oab/luts/bph/nb.. it’s always a new medication or treatment that works for a moment then it returns. Dripping non stop/now surges big that’s hard to stop.. like we use our dude parts to stop the surge but it keeps going and releases faster..
I feel like a cry baby(Womp Womp) because I’m freakin 38 y/o. I shouldn’t be in diapers…
My wife understands it but is disgusted by it. It’s hard to be honest about it. But most importantly it suck’s because I’m fucking all alone in this, no one can relate and I know a lot of people…
150 days sober, lost 45 lbs in the last 7 months… livers healed and diabetes is on the spectrum. It lowest in years.

Ugh

. I’ve done the UDS, done PTNS, 4 meds I think.. high capacity bladder, I go over 1500ccs before or that high ish.. years ago it was 828 then post void 246..

Any veterans like me In here?
Or is it all in my head and I’ve finally

well, I was not able to enlist due to IC and really bad eyes and some other minor stuff. But did years of PMC work overseas.

But, it's not in your head i dont think, but worth a talk to the VA if you want to, not going to hurt.

Sound like you are like alot of IC people, there are so many causes for IC that it's a bit of a crap shoot of finding the problem and then even harder to see/find any fixes there might be.

You have been doing testing from the sounds of it, and trying meds and other things as well, you could try pelvic floor training and also try int-cath to see if your retaining for a while, ask you dr about that, might be worth some discomfort to know for sure your not retaining as that can change based on many factors.

Now, of course i'm not a dr, but sometimes you need to slow down, these things take time.

Relax, stop worrying about the quick fix and/or alike.

Start with your dr and try a treatment, try it for awhile, dont give up right away. Sometimes things take a bit.

Yes, you need to keep the regular body things like your A1C and moreso sugar spikes down, maybe ask the dr about the new 24/7 monitors for your blood sugar and then get on a good diet and keep weight in check, but NO radical changes unless your dr say to do that, diabetes doesnt like quick changes and likes steady states and similar food intake and water. also try to keep the fake sugar to a minimum as well, some things show that still hass effects.

So, slow yourself down, get your diabetes, diet, weight, liver, kidney, etc all in shape...work with your dr not for or against your dr. Dont change things up quickly and often.

For the short term, my suggestion is just wear a pad/diaper for now, stop the stress over accidents and extremes in holding things and alike, stress also isnt good.

Then try one thing and see what happens.

I have a feeling that your trying to shotgun approch to fixing things which is not always the best.

But overall get the major medical things in check and get with your dr and slowly change things up for the IC and you will get your answer.

Back