VAT exemption NRU

Softypink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Hi does anyone know if I can get away without paying VAT without being diagnosed with a medical issue as wearing nappies can help me with other things like helping me relax and maybe feel less anxious not that I am overly anxious but sometimes life can get a little stressful and wearing a nappy can be a comfort that can help life become a little less stressful. Don’t know what I would have to write.

Attachments

• IMG_9281.jpeg
    IMG_9281.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Edgewater
In simply reading the document; it clear states that if for "personal or domestic use"!
That clearly define by the "word" adult diaper.

Read the document provided by TreeLad for more detail!

Reactions: TreeLad
I never understood you in the EU put up with vat. It's just another way to rip you off. You all ready pay so much taxes

Reactions: Edgewater and soggybottoms8882
foxkits said:
I never understood you in the EU put up with vat. It's just another way to rip you off. You all ready pay so much taxes
We go to work every day to make a living but we are taxed on our earnings, we go shopping for things and pay tax on our purchases, we have to pay road tax to drive our cars which we were taxed on when we bought it. The fuel we buy to drive the car is also taxed. We look forward to a holiday but are then faced with airport tax, the list goes on!

Having money is like playing the penny arcades. There is even a death tax!

• Sad
Reactions: FrenchFriedOnion and Edgewater
Well they want to bring the vat tax to the US.
It's sad so to speak.

• Angry
Reactions: CuriousFabio, Edgewater and Jorelaxed
Softypink said:
Hi does anyone know if I can get away without paying VAT without being diagnosed with a medical issue as wearing nappies can help me with other things like helping me relax and maybe feel less anxious not that I am overly anxious but sometimes life can get a little stressful and wearing a nappy can be a comfort that can help life become a little less stressful. Don’t know what I would have to write.

You can probably get away with it but it would be tax evasion, potentially fraud, and criminal.

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater
Mingus said:
You can probably get away with it but it would be tax evasion, potentially fraud, and criminal.
How so? Please elaborate.

TreeLad said:
How so? Please elaborate.
The VAT zero rating is for personal or domestic use by people who are disabled - people who aren’t disabled aren’t entitled to VAT exemption on the purchases. That is clear from the HMRC manual linked above (eg “their supply can only be zero-rated if it is made to: an incontinent person [emphasis added, inapplicable supplies to organisations omitted]]; “People who are incontinent and live in their own homes are entitled to buy incontinence products at the zero rate [emphasis added]”.

If you knowingly make false statements to avoid paying VAT, that is certainly a fraud offence under the 2006 Act. It’s probably a tax offence of some description as well. It’s small beer and unlikely you’d be caught. But nonetheless an offence.

Reactions: CptKirk, Edgewater, Softypink and 2 others
It's self certify, if you fill out the box nobody is going to check or demand proof as you do not need to be registered as disabled. Or at least, it's hugely, extremely unlikely that anybody would check these things.

But yes, it is technically an offence as you are making a false declaration to avoid tax so keep that in mind.

Reactions: Edgewater, Softypink and Mingus
Softypink said:
If it's a retail sale of less than a certain amount,
Screenshot_20240113-113107.png
there is no need for the supplier to collect information of an intimate nature.
Shop elsewhere if they're asking about your private parts. It's direct discrimination.
Women don't suffer it for buying their zero-rated sanitary products.
Nor do babies for their nappies.
Nor do little people who wear childsized clothing.
Nor do those who buy cucumbers [to use however they wish 😵‍💫].

Back