UTI and diapers

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I got a urinary tract infection which I'm not blaming on diapers but I have found that diapers are very beneficial. With the fact that I have to urinate very often and consume mass quantities of water I have a newfound appreciation for my diaper. But I do see that wearing 24/7 the amount of diapers I go through as far greater.

Reactions: ShyGirl91, Diprs2 and TungstenWrist
I know when I've had a UTI that the initial phase has not been much fun. Pain, blood and odour spring to mind.

I recall one time when I had no idea I had a UTI, until I took off my wet nappy and found it full of blood!

But I do agree that wearing diapers is very useful for coping with the large amount of water drunk to help flush the system :)

Reactions: Diprs2
UTI isn't very nice feeling at all, hurts like crazy and take days to recover from !!!
You best go get it taken care of ASP . I do drink a glass of cranberry juice every morning and it seems does helps !

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
Pantyman said:
So I got a urinary tract infection which I'm not blaming on diapers but I have found that diapers are very beneficial. With the fact that I have to urinate very often and consume mass quantities of water I have a newfound appreciation for my diaper. But I do see that wearing 24/7 the amount of diapers I go through as far greater.
UTI are no fun
did you get antibiotics?
I get 1-2 a year

Reactions: PaddedRita and Diprs2
Rita said:
I do drink a glass of cranberry juice every morning and it seems does helps !
I was doing this for a while drinking Oceanspray Cranberry juice
Till I discovered its mostly other fruits with a hint of cranberry and a ton of sugar
I started buying pure 100% cranberry juice. Its super tart so I dilute it with water. It works way better than the Oceanspray cranberry drinks

Reactions: PaddedRita, Zeke and Diprs2
SparkyDog said:
UTI are no fun
did you get antibiotics?
I get 1-2 a year
I have had antibiotics for UTI in the past. I've found they work really quickly to sort most of the symptoms.
My average is about 1 every 4 years. Never found the cause, apart from once when it was obvious through use of a catheter.

Reactions: Diprs2 and SparkyDog
SparkyDog said:
I was doing this for a while drinking Oceanspray Cranberry juice
Till I discovered its mostly other fruits with a hint of cranberry and a ton of sugar
I started buying pure 100% cranberry juice. Its super tart so I dilute it with water. It works way better than the Oceanspray cranberry drinks
Or just dried cranberries. They seem to help me. I don’t know there’s anything magical about them being juice.

Reactions: Diprs2 and SparkyDog
I got pyelonephritis when I was 14. It was weird - I didn’t even know anything was wrong till I got up one morning, went to the bathroom (though I did notice my pee had a bad odor), then went back to bed to hang out for a bit, and suddenly my abdomen started to hurt. Within a few minutes it got to the point where I was literally writhing in pain. My mom came in to see what was wrong. Eventually she decided to call an ambulance, and before it arrived I threw up. The ambulance comes and the paramedics take me to the ambulance in a chair type thing and transported my mom and I to the hospital. When I was there I threw up again, my mom had to help me hobble over to the bathroom for a urine sample, and I got an IV. Once we waited a few hours, we got the results. I’ll never forget how the doctor described the urine - she likened it to a Christmas tree where nothing was supposed to light up, but everything lit up.

So yeah, not fun at all.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PaddedRita
Since going 24/7 some 27 years ago I have only had two infections and those were caused by changing out of Nappies and trying a condom Cath and a strap on urinal, both times within hours I was feeling like I was weeing razor blades 😠

I've been wearing more for my medical issues and I believe I got a UTI cuz my bladder hurt so bad and I kept going to the bathroom to pee nothing much (going to speak with my Dr) and I had these symptoms before so I had cranberry juice extract natural supplements I took before. I am sensitive to antibiotics due to my own medical issues.

Diapers help me at least not be running to the bathroom to sit for awhile all the time. I don't believe the diapers caused the UTI. I probably had issues with watery #2 and it caused it. As they say women are more sensitive to things.... Kinda yuck.

Last edited:
Pantyman said:
…..But I do see that wearing 24/7 the amount of diapers I go through as far greater.
You didn’t expect the amount that you that you needed to go down did you???

Bombyx said:
Or just dried cranberries. They seem to help me. I don’t know there’s anything magical about them being juice.
I believe it’s the acid nature of cranberry juice that makes it beneficial for preventing, or eliminating UTIs. Dried cranberries wouldn’t have this acid nature I wouldn’t think. If I remember correctly they are companies that make cranberry tablets or pills that retain the acidic properties of the cranberries that may be beneficial for preventing UTIs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Bombyx
Zeke said:
You didn’t expect the amount that you that you needed to go down did you???
It's a lot. I have worn most hours of the day and it's still a lot.

Ceary said:
It's a lot. I have worn most hours of the day and it's still a lot.
For dealing with my dual ic I wear diapers 24/7. The vast majority of the time I wear cloth reusable diapers except when the logistics of dealing with used diapers to return them home for washing becomes too much then Abena M-4s become my go to diaper. There have been times when my laundry facilities were down or unavailable and I’ve used the Abenas 24/7 but I usually can get by with one when I get up in morning and another 12 hours later. Having a choice about if you wear 24/7 provides a simple means of reducing your cost that’s not practical in my situation.

Zeke said:
I believe it’s the acid nature of cranberry juice that makes it beneficial for preventing, or eliminating UTIs. Dried cranberries wouldn’t have this acid nature I wouldn’t think. If I remember correctly they are companies that make cranberry tablets or pills that retain the acidic properties of the cranberries that may be beneficial for preventing UTIs.
It would likely be the polyphenols in cranberries that helps with preventing bacteria. If acidity meant anything here than coffee, high quantities of sugar, any citrus fruit, red meats, dairy, and wheat, among many others would suit the same need, all being considered acidic once the stomach breaks it down.

dfabuk said:
I have had antibiotics for UTI in the past. I've found they work really quickly to sort most of the symptoms.
My average is about 1 every 4 years. Never found the cause, apart from once when it was obvious through use of a catheter.
And that's how I got mine about 2 years ago. Not exactly from a catheter, but through sounding. Oh God, just thinking about sounding makes my gut turn inside out!! It was a vibrating sounder, and I tried to insert it, but oh goodness, I don't want to think about the rest! Oh the things we do when hornyness kicks in!

I have had several UTI'S in the past 20+ years or wearing diapers. As soon as I feel some pain when urinating, that's when I know I am, usually I have no feeling, I start dri ki g lots of cranberry juice, see my PCP, which h she knows of my diapers as she see me in them, I get on my traditional 10 days of amoxicillin.

Back