Urindynamics test

Babyboy40

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I have been having problems to where I can go pee. I have had to go to the ER and they have had to drain my bladder. They did a urindynamics test and test found a blockage. Now waiting on a cystoscopy test. Really getting scared and tips on what might be going on.

Babyboy40 said:
So I have been having problems to where I can go pee. I have had to go to the ER and they have had to drain my bladder. They did a urindynamics test and test found a blockage. Now waiting on a cystoscopy test. Really getting scared and tips on what might be going on.
The urodynamics is one of the most important tests available for bladder problems. A "blockage" can have several different causes.

Mostly in men is a problem with the prostate, but there can be strictures, or perhaps a kidney stone blocking the urethra. Or, like in my case, the pelvic floor is to tight to let the urine flow. Seems like they did just a "normal" UDM not with video, so they do not know the reason yet, this is why they do a cystoscopy now. Let us know what they find.

Cystoscope would be the next step and it’s not too bad as they numb it. The urodynamics is worse than the cystoscopy test. They’ll have a much better idea what is going on after they see inside you.

The cystoscopy test can be uncomfortable as well, depending on your "construction". In my case, the tissue was too narrow below the prostate to allow the scope passage through. They had to do an incision (painful) to allow it to pass (this was partly the reason for reduced flow). After that, all was too cloudy inside the bladder to see anything further. I get to go back in December to repeat this process (ug). Plus I was required to be catheterized for the week after to help stretch things out. A very uncomfortable week pour moi.

Why is it after every cystoscopy test that for the next day it feels like you are peeing razor blades ?

To often, they squirt in some lidocaine gel and start the cysto before it has a chance to numb you. It can take 15-30 minutes for the lidocaine to take effect, and if they get impatient it'll be a lot more uncomfortable.

For the discomfort afterwards, ask the doctor for a prescription for lidocaine gel that you can squirt into your urethra until the irritation passes.

Reactions: Pino and Constantlydamp
Cystoscopy can be very unpleasant as I have been lucky enough to go through that process 5 times in the last 14 months I swear it gets worse every time.
I found it worse than a urodynamics but that's just my experience there both awful 😞 best of luck with it all hopefully you get some answers from everything in a decent time frame

Raven801 said:
Cystoscopy can be very unpleasant as I have been lucky enough to go through that process 5 times in the last 14 months I swear it gets worse every time.
I found it worse than a urodynamics but that's just my experience there both awful 😞 best of luck with it all hopefully you get some answers from everything in a decent time frame
Not for me, the first cystoscopy was pure horror, a lot of pain and a fixed cystoscope, the damaged a lot and i had bleedings for a week, the second time was with full anesthesia, but i a had a lot of problems after that, the third time was a charm: No pain at all, this time my urologist used a flexible cystoscope, i can strongly recommend these.

UDM first time was hard for me either, the second time no problem t all, it all depends on the guys working on / in you.

When I had my cystoscopy I nearly shot off the bed. The pain was short, sharp and sudden. Urodynamics test in a couple of weeks.

Babyboy40 said:
I have been in your shoes, those tests are important to find out what is going on. Having a camera go up there is definitely unpleasant. Curl your toes as they go in, sounds silly but it helps. You will feel some burning and pressure. Your next pee might also sting a lot. For the cystoscopy test you can even watch and see what's going on inside your bladder. Or do like I did and close my eyes super tight haha.

Reactions: jjpadded
Back