Uncmon hygiene?

Littledragon87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all,
I just wanted to ask if you have a hygiene tips or tricks (as far as our community goes) that you think that only you know

When it comes to messing, I feel like a lot of people overstate just how hard cleaning up your hind actually is, even if you're more of a fuzzy buddy. If you have a detachable shower head with decent PSI, you can basically just hose yourself down back there. As long as you're really thorough, that should take care of it.

Obviously don't stop washing until the water runs off clear, and make sure to wipe up at least the major stuff out first, which shouldn't take that much.

Reactions: mistykitty, Jorelaxed, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
Adult Incontinence wipes DO make a difference on how easy one can wipe themselves. They are worth the extra bucks.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Waynelopen, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
floppyfoppsie said:
Adult Incontinence wipes DO make a difference on how easy one can wipe themselves. They are worth the extra bucks.
Northshore usually sends out sample packs with your order, I love those!

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Waynelopen and Seasonedcitizen
Don't just wipe up the poo...wipe up the urine too!...hey that rhymes!

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Waynelopen, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
AnotherGundalian said:
When it comes to messing, I feel like a lot of people overstate just how hard cleaning up your hind actually is, even if you're more of a fuzzy buddy. If you have a detachable shower head with decent PSI, you can basically just hose yourself down back there. As long as you're really thorough, that should take care of it.

Obviously don't stop washing until the water runs off clear, and make sure to wipe up at least the major stuff out first, which shouldn't take that much.
Going to add to this if you don't mind.
Cleaning up in the shower is a definite plus compared to lots and lots of wipes. What I will add is this. A seemless tub and shower are a must and are so much easier to keep clean and sanitized. Any shower or tub back splash wall with caulking or tile with grout is a bitch to maintain. Always spray the shower and tub down with clorox cleanup when done and rinse after a few minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistykitty, Jorelaxed and AnotherGundalian
Messes are significantly easier to clean up with high fiber diets / daily soluable fiber dose.

Rashes are FAR easier to prevent than treat! Use a good barrier (enough, but not too much!)

If you are 24/7 get a good air exposure at least once or twice a day, if not every change.

Your diaper may be rated for 12 hours but your skin isn't. Take good care of your skin! It matters.

Try replacing your wipes in favor of foaming cleanser... far better odor control for both UIC and FIC. Wipes are great for starting to clean up a mess... but seriously. Try a foaming cleanser. It might just change your life. I use welmedix and perifresh in a foaming pump bottle and a small square of paper towel. Beats any wipe out there. Paper towels are more biodegradable, and you can refill your pump bottles with bulk refill jugs of perineal cleanser for a much lower cost and much better results. I noticed a huge difference in longer lasting odor control/protection after switching, and I swear by it now.

Reactions: mistykitty, Jorelaxed, floppyfoppsie and 1 other person
If you wear 24/7 your sheets are eventually going to smell, no matter how much you wash them. You'll eventually need to soak them in a vinegar/soap mixture.

If you have female parts even if you don't do number 2 I highly recommend ph balanced feminine whipes

Back