Trying to sleep diapered

meretrix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’m a 40(m) DL. I have slept naked for years and I recently tried to sleep in a diaper. I kept waking up uncomfortable. Sometimes I was hot even though it was cold in the room. Does this just take time and getting used to? Can you overcome this? How long did it take you to get used to this?

• Thinking
Reactions: littledreamers333, fredy552, Jorelaxed and 4 others
There isn't much
only time & powering through
you & your body are used to sleeping a certain way and you've changed that.
If you're wearing the diaper for fun you could try doing the tapes less right and might feel like there is some breathing room
but otherwise it's basically just getting used to something new and will take some time to get used to the new feeling while you sleep

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I recently made a post about this and had the same problem for years. What helped me finally, was using a good amount of baby powder anywhere the diaper touches your skin. A cold room and melatonin gummy can help too.

Reactions: jenstheboy and PadPhilosopher
I remember having the same issues a long, long time ago when i first started wearing diapers to bed. Baby powder is a godsend, it absorbs sweat so the diaper doesnt fall apart (depending on what brand you wear, that can be a problem).
It is also just a matter of getting used to it. Its like using them for the first few times, it gets easier the more you do it.
My biggest issue is onesies, i always want to sleep in them but i end up too hot. Usually sometime in the night i end up unsnapping them anyway lol

Reactions: mistykitty and PadPhilosopher
meretrix said:
I’m a 40(m) DL. I have slept naked for years and I recently tried to sleep in a diaper. I kept waking up uncomfortable. Sometimes I was hot even though it was cold in the room. Does this just take time and getting used to? Can you overcome this? How long did it take you to get used to this?
What kind of diaper?
If it's a plastic backed one, maybe start wearing a more cloth like and breathing type of diaper first,
and then ease into the plastic backed ones when you are used to wearing...

Mommasboy said:
I remember having the same issues a long, long time ago when i first started wearing diapers to bed. Baby powder is a godsend, it absorbs sweat so the diaper doesnt fall apart (depending on what brand you wear, that can be a problem).
It is also just a matter of getting used to it. Its like using them for the first few times, it gets easier the more you do it.
My biggest issue is onesies, i always want to sleep in them but i end up too hot. Usually sometime in the night i end up unsnapping them anyway lol
I agree, I feel a lot better since using the baby powder.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Mommasboy
meretrix said:
Hi Meretrix, i went through something similar, it took me awhile to get used to them.
Just give it time, you will become used to them before you know it.🙂

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and SparkyDog
If you're not hindering anyone else sleep, add a fan or keep the temp down. The powder recommendations sound good (I haven't tried that yet). Relax and move around til you feel comfy. Maybe a different brand/style diaper is more fitting? I've tried a variety: diaper only, diaper with boxer briefs overtop and waistband folded under boxer briefs, sweats hiked up overtop, and most recently snapncrotch onesie. You'll have to play around to find a happy medium.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and meretrix
It took a few nights to get calmed down but not long afterwards it just came natural!!! Only part that sucked was learning how to sleep without diapers 🤣 #marriedlife lol

I have a very hard time sleeping in a diaper. I just can't get used to it. I find it hard to fall asleep and when I finally do I'll wake up periodically thru the night then wake up earlier than my usual time. I have never gotten a full nights sleep while diapered.

• Sad
I wear just a diaper to bed. Nothing else. I've slept this way 2+ decades. Don't remember having to get used to it...but I suppose I did?

Reactions: Ortler and PadPhilosopher
Nowididit said:
I have a very hard time sleeping in a diaper. I just can't get used to it. I find it hard to fall asleep and when I finally do I'll wake up periodically thru the night then wake up earlier than my usual time. I have never gotten a full nights sleep while diapered.
I remember having this, now that you mention it, but such a long time ago. Now I can sleep like a log with a towel and trash bag diaper if need be. I got used to it.

PadPhilosopher said:
I remember having this, now that you mention it, but such a long time ago. Now I can sleep like a log with a towel and trash bag diaper if need be. I got used to it.
Thing is I really have no interest in getting used to wearing a diaper to bed. I mean I don't need them so why force myself into needing them.

Nowididit said:
Thing is I really have no interest in getting used to wearing a diaper to bed. I mean I don't need them so why force myself into needing them.
That sounds reasonable to me. :)

You really will get used to it, took me about two weeks to get somewhere near real sleep whilst wearing my new nightime attire.
You might find that putting on your nightime Nappy a few hours before bedtime eases you into the feeling !
Good luck.

Two weeks of getting used to it sounds rough. I’m a 8-9 hour mandatory sleeper.

Back