Trouble hiding diaper

Rob110 said:
Most people are so intrenched in their daily life they won’t notice your diaper and the extra bulk down stairs even your coworkers will get use to seeing you with the extra bulk and will think nothing of it.
yeah, it's like wearing glasses. Everyone gets used to it, and it even looks a little weird when you don't wear them.

also tbh any coworker who's being attentive enough to body shape to notice a lil' extra bulk down there is downright creepy.

I don't worry about my diaper showing. I rather have my diaper show a bit, than have wet pants.

Reactions: GreenieTheFilly and dous
The reality is parents know what I diaper looks like on their kid more than anyone else. I mean, they used to diaper you! The good thing is we have better fitting clothes now and and the mental capacity to find incentive to hide our underwear way better than we did as infants and toddlers. 🙂

Cinderpamp said:
So, I was just told that my diaper was visible while wearing them due to the shape they create at the back, despite wearing tight underwear over them and loose fitting shorts.

What could I do to make it less obvious?
Don't wear tight fitting underwear. It helps keep saggy diapers from sagging when wet, but it really does make you get a diaper butt, or as some people call it, a "unibutt", where the diaper material makes it look like you don't have a butt crack.

Wear your diaper so it fits closer to your body or size down, and wear your pants as usual. That will remove the unibutt and allow the fabric of your diaper and the fabric of your pants to work together and look natural since you're not wearing TWO underwear at once. It really works if you have shorts that are loose fitting. "Loose" is subjective, however....

On the flip side of the coin, if the fabric of your shorts is thin, it will be hard to hide a diaper. If you are wearing your usual size of shorts try pulling your pants a little bit below your diaper waistband. That will allow room for your diaper to not give you a diaper butt. Again, don't wear thin pants with a diaper. That will always show what's behind it since the fabric flows any way the wind blows, as Freddie Mercury says.

Last edited:
I have been in and out of diapers for decades and full-time since 2006. My wife and a number of other family members know that I wear high capacity disposables and plastic pants, and they have affirmed that if they didn't already know, they wouldn't be able to tell. I'm not absolutely sure if they're being totally honest with me or just trying to spare my feelings. I am careful, but there is noticeable bulk from the diapers and the plastic pants and both make noise when I walk, so in my opinion, an observant person can tell that I'm wearing a diaper. That said, this has been going on long enough for me that I've accepted that people are eventually going to know that I'm diapered if they spend enough time around me. I do think that people casually passing me are going to be too preoccupied with their own lives to notice much about me.

You all are correct - people do not look for a person wearing diapers and do not recognize the indicators even if they are there. I live in a retirement community. It is a given that many of the folk here are wearing diapers. However, I have looked and you just cannot tell.

--John
(double incontinent)

Back