Tips, Tricks, Life Hacks for changing someone else?

Traemo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Pretty much what the title says, having a bit of an issue with changing my little and getting the diaper properly fitted so it doesn't leak so much.
At this point, I'm not assuming anything I know is relevant or accurate, so have at.

Can you describe your current technique? What kind of surface is your little one on?

At this point in time I have changed thousands of adult diapers that are not my own.
Make sure to fold the diaper in half and that the inner guards are not stuck to anything.

Laying down: have the "child" lift their bum to slide the diaper under, than you can align the top and bottom wings. Tape snug but not overly tight

Standing up: before the "child" leans back on the wall, align the front and back. After they lean back, tape snug but not overly tight.

Laying down not moving: this takes practice - [ LINK ]

Last edited:
The biggest issue, at the moment, seems to be just getting the placement right (not too far forward or back, not too far off to one side of the other), followed by making sure the tapes are tight enough
Changing surfaces have varied, but most of the time it's on a firm mattress at about waist height

My technique has been asking your little one to raise their backside. Once in the air you lay the padding under them like you normally would.

But before they lower down. you fold it over the front like you normally would. Then with either hand they would pinch and hold both the front and back wing forming a Tee. This allows me to tug the padding up and close to their body while I shuffle wings between my fingers to position it right.

Once laid down, I'd fold the wings for a test fit, if a little off, I may ask them to quickly scoot up to make a final adjustment.

Really it takes time, some combinations of body type and nappy just take a little getting used to.

Back