Thougts and advise on clothing diapers needed

EdwardTheDL1998

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello there, people of ADISC!
I've been fiddling with the idea of trying clothing diapers for a while.
So I would love to get some thoughts and advise regarding that subject.

A few questions I had in mind:
How does clothing diapers compare to disposables, in terms of feel, absorbency, and overall if they are worth it?

Also, is there any specific brands I should look for- And do those brands offer plain-looking clothing diapers, that doesn't have any prints on it?

Thank you all in advance.
Wishing you a great day.
Best regards,
-Edward.

Reactions: LilPawz
You can find a number of brands of cloth diapers on Amazon, though I realize you live in Denmark. I use the Leakmaster gauze, night weight and they are quite good. I would prefer the twill but I haven't seen them in a size small.

Reactions: EdwardTheDL1998
Cloth diapers require laundering often, remember that if you are planning to wear full time, it may not save you money over the long term when considering those costs. You also have to carry used diapers with you which is also less convient, and for absorbency to thickness cloth is around 2 to 3 times as much thickness required so expect to waddle.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardTheDL1998
EdwardTheDL1998 said:
I've been fiddling with the idea of trying clothing diapers for a while.
So I would love to get some thoughts and advise regarding that subject.
A few questions I had in mind:
How does clothing diapers compare to disposables, in terms of feel, absorbency, and overall if they are worth it?
Also, is there any specific brands I should look for- And do those brands offer plain-looking clothing diapers, that doesn't have any prints on it?
I started wearing diapers when I was 10, and have been wearing them ever since. Cloth diapers are by far the best, along with PUL pants. After shopping and trying different diapers over a lifetime, I have found the best diapers are the Purity brand at adultclothdiaper.com. These are gauze cotton diapers that get incredibly soft when washed with fabric softener.

I wear diapers 24/7. I wet entirely in my diapers throughout the day and night. As for cost, cloth diapers are far less expensive. Don't buy into the "cost of laundering" argument. The cost is minimal compared to disposables. The PUL plastic pants by Gary Wear last for many years. I have some I have used for over ten years. The key is to wash them by hand, and not in a washing machine. You can dry them in the dryer.

The recent China tariffs seem to have raised the price of cotton goods. But they are still worth it.

I am amused by people worrying about wearing diapers in public. If you dress casual, you can wear cloth diapers under your clothes and wear a long t-shirt, and nobody takes notice. I wear them everywhere, and I have never had anybody look at me strange or make fun of them.

There are a few "skills" to learn, though. If you are going to wet your diapers, start a diet of only fresh ingredients. Do not eat "foods" with chemicals added. It is the chemicals added to food that cause the urine, feces, farts, and sweat to smell bad. I eat only all natural ingredients and I can rip farts anytime I want without worrying about smell. :)

If you are going to wet in cloth diapers, start your morning with a shower and rinse all your wet diapers by soaking them up, and then wringing them out two or three times before putting them in the diaper pail. This gets out most of the urine and keeps the house from stinking up. It also builds up the forearms and cures carpal tunnel syndrome. If you don't have carpel tunnel syndrome, this will prevent it. I had carpal tunnel until I started wringing my diapers every morning. The first few months were painful, but then the pain disappears and it becomes just another exercise in my daily routine. I have been wringing my diapers every day for over twenty years.

If you like to wet the bed, as I do, try eating a piece of watermelon or a bowl of fresh strawberries before bed. Also, drink dandelion tea (either fresh from the yard or from a tea bag) every night before bed. The dandelion tea is also good for the heart.

Many people only think about wearing diapers for the sexual pleasure. I wear them also for the health benefits. Being able to sleep all night without getting up is awesome. The older we get, the smaller the bladder gets. ...Not a problem for me. If you alter your diet as mentioned, and incorporate some exercises into your life (I do several other exercises every day and night), then diapers actually become a viable alternative lifestyle, which benefits good health. On the other hand, I have seen people use diapers in a way that destroyed their health and shortened their lives. Laying around in diapers and eating junk food will shorten anybody's life.

Reactions: 49beachdipe
Back