Thinking of writing a book. What are YOUR thoughts?

DippyDawg

Sometimes ya gotta pee yourself to be yourself.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
This is just in the pre-pre-pre-planning stage, but I've had this in mind for maybe a month or more. I'm thinking of writing an e-book comprised primarily of anonymous interviews. The book would cover what its like to live a diapered life and would cover the broad spectrum of those of us who do, whether you be incontinent, ABDL, little, sissy, trans, asexual, or whatever else, or any combination of categories. My main resource would be you, the members of the ADISC forum. The primary target audience would be, but not limited to, newcomers who are curious about our lifestyle and are looking for some way to test the waters based on our collective experiences. Anyone who is willing to be interviewed will be given credit by their ADISC name or by any other name they choose. Every possible step will be taken to assure their real-world identity will remain anonymous.

Do you think there is a market for a book like this?
Would you want to read it?
Would you be willing to participate in this as an interviewee?

If I get enough positive responses I will draw up a list of questions for the interviews. All participants will be asked the same questions, but I'd like the option to ask further questions based on their answers.

So, community, what do you think?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Miccheck and Lyokodl
Sounds like an interesting study... I'm not sure how it would read as a book.

I would be willing to participate.
What is your plan for distribution? Free PDF, sale on Amazon, Academic journal, podcast, blog, other? That may affect of people are willing to participate.

Also any ideas on the weapons you would ask?
What about editing? Will contributions be taken as is, Cleaned up for Grammer, edited for content?

WanderingToddler said:
Sounds like an interesting study... I'm not sure how it would read as a book.

I would be willing to participate.
What is your plan for distribution? Free PDF, sale on Amazon, Academic journal, podcast, blog, other? That may affect of people are willing to participate.

Also any ideas on the weapons you would ask?
What about editing? Will contributions be taken as is, Cleaned up for Grammer, edited for content?
I'm thinking of an ebook to sold through Amazon. I will punch up the questions to improve grammar, spelling, and whatnot. My plan is to let participants read and approve their sections. I will be soliciting proofreaders. Thanks for your interest!

Reactions: Miccheck
I’m a good proofreader ;)

Reactions: Miccheck and DippyDawg
it might be a good idea, but check amazon for e-books that may cover the same material. i know a lot of people are publishing ab/dl related ebooks for the kindle and selling through amazon. Personally if you go ahead, i will give you permission to publish my early life true story but the full version not the edited version for adisc, i will also discuss or be interviewed by you about my Incontinence.

Reactions: DippyDawg
As for drawing up questions you might be better of doing solo questionaires by e-mail or by skype as a lot of us will have different experiences of both the ab/dl/ic/furry life that you probably won't be able to cover in a single wuestionaire.

Reactions: DippyDawg
PCBaby said:
As for drawing up questions you might be better of doing solo questionaires by e-mail or by skype as a lot of us will have different experiences of both the ab/dl/ic/furry life that you probably won't be able to cover in a single wuestionaire.
The questionnaire will only be a jumping-off point, covering the basic questions I'd be asking everyone anyway.

Reactions: PCBaby
I would love to participate. :)

I too would love to lend a hand. :)

I remember one of our members here commenting on diaper stories and he made a very good point when he said, "Remember, it's all about the diapers." You audience will most likely be others who are AB/DL so remember, if you want to keep these readers engaged, it's all about the diapers. There are a lot of self published and otherwise published AB/DL stories on Kindle so I say have a go at it.

I self published "Werewolf" to the Barns & Noble E-book site and it did very well. My wife and I went out to Red Lobster frequently on what a .99 cent short story made. It was a lot of fun and I stayed on their front advertising page for two years and my story was mentioned by someone on Yahoo Answers. It can be exciting to be a writer and have your story "out there".

I enjoy reading true life accounts so I would be interested in reading it. Would have no problems being interviewed, either.

Back