Thinking of Looking for a Roommate. Need Advice. Thanks!

littlefoot

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
With the current state of the economy in Canada and the rapidly rising cost of living, I am thinking about trying to rent out the spare room in my apartment to help with living expenses. I have had horrible experiences with roommates in the past. TBH, I want to rent to someone else who has incontinence or is into diapers because I feel like the stigma would be minimized in this situation. I am not sure how to go about this as I think putting an ad up on Kijiji that states an incontinent person looking for a roommate might do more harm than good and somehow it just feels not right to out myself like that.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for your input.

Reactions: Diprs2
hmm maybe tell your roommate in advance that you suffer from incontinence and you want to keep your supplies in a private area. hopefully they will understand.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
How about asking at a local doctors office or hospital if you have one near by, if they would be prepared to let you advertise for someone there or maybe send people your way.
I imagine thay probably know of other people in similar situations.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Finding a good roommate isnt easy. I remember having roommates when I was younger in my 20s and 30s and there were a few that just didnt work out. If your IC is related to a medical problem maybe there are support groups for that in your area and you could ask around? Good luck though and I hope it works out. I know what you mean by the cost of living.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back