Thickest diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
Ok, so just curious. Why have more than 1 or 2 different brands on hand? Don't you know which one works best for the lowest price? I guarantee, more than half of those are going to cost a lot more, or not fit well enough to trust, or both.

I enjoy trying new diapers. I also tend to buy a case of them to try, IF I'm confident I know I have the size correct. I also am a sucker for sales ;)

Those Abena Xplus/4's you see on the middle shelf on the right... those were being sold (for some reason) at a reasonable price, AND buy-1-get-1-free. We descended on them like locusts, and they were sold out inside four days iirc. (I got four cases, but a few IC here were discussing MUCH larger purchases, we're talking palate-quantity)

Anyway, some of those are just going through them to clear them out. Like those totaldry plus on the left side of that same shelf. Those were my daily wear-to-work diaper for awhile so I had some on-hand still when switched to snuggies. THEN snuggies quit selling them like 3 months later so guess what ELSE I have some of on hand? Now my daily wear is preschool plastic, but I still have bags of the other two I just wear whenever I need to toss something on for a few hours and don't want to waste a good diaper.

I have some higher quality ones I'm not reordering also. You can't miss the cyan shell of the little squirts on the bottom. They were my first purchase from Rearz. I've since gotten their Vintage (which are a white shell and light AB pattern on the front, plus four tapes, all on the same base shell as the LS) but THEY are also out of production. (please quit doing that!!) So I have maybe 2 bags of LS left to wear whenever. I'd order more safari from them but their shipping is astronomical and my bank hates canada so I've been buying them from Bambino since they started carrying them in the US. (I don't happen to have any safari in the case ATM)

So, theoretically, the variety in that cabinet should go down, it's just that right at the moment I have a number of models I need to use up.

But you must admit, it's a sight to see! ;) Pretty sure it would have been a mind-blowing event for me to see that a decade ago.

bambinod said:
Yeah I haven't tried any city yet, I only ever ordered a few samples of moly (didn't care for them), I have a few other tena not in the cabinet (they have changed names so much too, I have some tena slip simple) and I don't have any ATN left. I've also got some superio, ID Slip, and Absorbency Plus upstairs. I'm ready for the diapocalypse ;)

Where's a good place to get a bag of city? I think the only place I've seen them even halfway reasonably priced is on amazon? (they look like a reskin of Space)

Yes, amazon. They are the first medical diapers with an all over print. I love them for that reason. The only ones I saw before that were the ones I had with hearts on the landing zone.

Bambino UltraStretch and Magnifico are BY FAR the thickest and most comfortable I've worn. The cost is higher when they're not on sale but worth it!

bambinod said:
I enjoy trying new diapers. I also tend to buy a case of them to try, IF I'm confident I know I have the size correct. I also am a sucker for sales ;)

Those Abena Xplus/4's you see on the middle shelf on the right... those were being sold (for some reason) at a reasonable price, AND buy-1-get-1-free. We descended on them like locusts, and they were sold out inside four days iirc. (I got four cases, but a few IC here were discussing MUCH larger purchases, we're talking palate-quantity)

Anyway, some of those are just going through them to clear them out. Like those totaldry plus on the left side of that same shelf. Those were my daily wear-to-work diaper for awhile so I had some on-hand still when switched to snuggies. THEN snuggies quit selling them like 3 months later so guess what ELSE I have some of on hand? Now my daily wear is preschool plastic, but I still have bags of the other two I just wear whenever I need to toss something on for a few hours and don't want to waste a good diaper.

I have some higher quality ones I'm not reordering also. You can't miss the cyan shell of the little squirts on the bottom. They were my first purchase from Rearz. I've since gotten their Vintage (which are a white shell and light AB pattern on the front, plus four tapes, all on the same base shell as the LS) but THEY are also out of production. (please quit doing that!!) So I have maybe 2 bags of LS left to wear whenever. I'd order more safari from them but their shipping is astronomical and my bank hates canada so I've been buying them from Bambino since they started carrying them in the US. (I don't happen to have any safari in the case ATM)

So, theoretically, the variety in that cabinet should go down, it's just that right at the moment I have a number of models I need to use up.

But you must admit, it's a sight to see! ;) Pretty sure it would have been a mind-blowing event for me to see that a decade ago.

Heck yeah it is. I'm really surprised they all work really good for you, and all last equally long and reliably too.

I know with my body shape, not even half of those brands will work for me without leaking in less than 4 hours. For diapers like that, you can't pay me to use them- let alone think I'd pay even 10% their normal cost to buy one.

dogstyle said:
Yes, amazon. They are the first medical diapers with an all over print. I love them for that reason. The only ones I saw before that were the ones I had with hearts on the landing zone.

I've seen these on Amazon. They boast a 3L capacity. I haven't seen anyone post about them on here yet. Anyone know if they're any good? $30US for just 10 diapers is pretty steep. I can get Rearz via Bambino for that...

Slomo said:
Heck yeah it is. I'm really surprised they all work really good for you, and all last equally long and reliably too.

I know with my body shape, not even half of those brands will work for me without leaking in less than 4 hours. For diapers like that, you can't pay me to use them- let alone think I'd pay even 10% their normal cost to buy one.

Oh they don't all work the same. The Totaldry have only very low capacity for example, and the Safari have a massive capacity, with most of them somewhere in between. I wear what I need to for when I'm padding up. Or when the mood hits me for something specific - tonight I went out to a weekly dinner with friends, and decided to change into a Kiddo for the evening. It wasn't going to get used, but was extremely comfortable as the kiddo are.

Those new size 7's by Dollar General are amazing!!! Greatest fit I've ever experienced and they held quite a bit!

Aderth60 said:
I've seen these on Amazon. They boast a 3L capacity. I haven't seen anyone post about them on here yet. Anyone know if they're any good? $30US for just 10 diapers is pretty steep. I can get Rearz via Bambino for that...

Well they are not medical grade diapers. Much better actually, though still not quite premium grade. 3 liters is just boasting though. That's how much they can hold when laid flat and water is slowly added till it leaks over. Realisticly they don't even hold half of that before leaking under real world conditions.

There's better out there, especially for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back