The Teraflops Fallacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Isn't it kind of funny how so far we are seeing PS5 beat Xbox Series X in performance even though some people were swearing up and down that it would get the better performance, because on paper it has more power?

I think that goes to show the average gamer knows nothing of overall system performance, and I feel like that's why Xbox keeps going with "most powerful console" because it's all some people look at

I don't even see the point of being a performance snob in the 1st place, people won't know what resolution and frame rate they get when playing a game and if its fun and at a stable performance rate, isn't that all that really matters?

I tend to go more for brand loyalty and what my social cirlce plays more than performance on consoles anyway. I spend more time on my computer anyway where performance is not fixed and I can adjust it. But cost being a factor then I go with a console that I can play with my friends. That is more important to me than performance.

Midwest82 said:
I tend to go more for brand loyalty and what my social cirlce plays more than performance on consoles anyway. I spend more time on my computer anyway where performance is not fixed and I can adjust it. But cost being a factor then I go with a console that I can play with my friends. That is more important to me than performance.
I go PlayStation because they tend to have way more exclusives that are of a higher quality than Xbox has, its like if there is 100 games, PS gets 95 of them, with the other 5 being Xbox exclusives

Xbox would get 85 games, 80 of those games being on both platforms

So why choose less?

I personally haven't cared much for an Xbox exclusive since the Xbox 360, tried Gears 4 on my brothers Xbox One while on Vacation, it was super quick and boring and I didn't feel like replaying it at all

Xbox seems to have spent 7 years relying on Halo, Gears, and Forza to carry them, so Xbox is "Optional" to me whereas PlayStation is a must

With their current game plan to push GamePass and everything being on PC that's gonna be even more true going forward

BabyTyrant said:
I go PlayStation because they tend to have way more exclusives that are of a higher quality than Xbox has, its like if there is 100 games, PS gets 95 of them, with the other 5 being Xbox exclusives

Xbox would get 85 games, 80 of those games being on both platforms

So why choose less?

I personally haven't cared much for an Xbox exclusive since the Xbox 360, tried Gears 4 on my brothers Xbox One while on Vacation, it was super quick and boring and I didn't feel like replaying it at all

Xbox seems to have spent 7 years relying on Halo, Gears, and Forza to carry them, so Xbox is "Optional" to me whereas PlayStation is a must

With their current game plan to push GamePass and everything being on PC that's gonna be even more true going forward
I would agree there are games on PS that are exclusive and just amazing. Spiderman for example. The one nice thing that xbox has started to do is cross platform with the pc. Sea of Theives plays great on either platform.

Unfortunatly because of exclusives and technology limits it will be near impossible to have one platform that rules them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back