The story of your first adult diaper

BISKIT said:
You are right,can’t wear one without using it ever just have to wet it.Crazy isn’t it.though I still don’t know why I am so different.
And I will not stop

I just love wearing diapers wet or dry

BISKIT said:
I just love wearing diapers wet or dry
Wearing one now and it’s wet

Reactions: SoakerboyUK
TheGoldenSaint said:
What brand was it? Do you remember?
It was a store brand white 3 tape diaper, probably an attends with grocery store branding.

Reactions: TheGoldenSaint
Wow, I need to think about this for a minute, I'm not actually sure what my first actual adult diaper was...

I remember being a teenager and an odd kink evolved into an interest in diapers. I home made some out of toilet paper and trash bags. Sometimes I used period pads and such things but it never felt right.

A few years later I got out of the house and on my own and bought some pull ups from the store, it was nerve wracking the entire time, I didn't want anyone to see me and I certainly didn't want anyone to recognize me! Thankfully that was still the time where everyone wore a mask.

I think the first true ABDL diaper I bought was from the Dotty Diaper Co. They are UK based so I got to see how international shipping worked! I don't remember the exact style I bought but it was probably the plain and simple white, this was before they had color options.

Now I order online from My Inner Baby in the states and it all goes smoothly!

Last edited:
Reactions: DiapImp
My first adult diaper was the same as my child hood one, cloth with plastic pants. There is nothing better than a wet, warm cloth diaper.

Reactions: TenaciousDL and dogboy
I started out age 4 with cloth diapers and plastic pants from my younger brother, then tried the fanfold Pampers my parents had for him while we were traveling. I continued to get baby diapers whenever I could until my early teens when I stopped for a number of years. In my late 20s, after grad school and living without roommates for the first time as an adult, I tried diapers again with the largest Pampers available as well as PullUps. I could squeeze into the PullUps and mod the Pampers to make them work, but finally got up the courage to try a “real” adult diaper. Of course, I had no idea there was anything available other than what was on the drugstore shelves, so I bought a Depend women's trial pack. They were terrible - I wanted something I could finally wear to bed and wet like a toddler, and these leaked like crazy.

I was still mired in shame and embarrassment and struggling to even be able to buy adult products, so I kept up a binge and purge routine for years, settling mostly on Goodnites and various store-bought pull on products. Eventually, I tried some CVS brand tabbed briefs and realized how much I wanted something like the Pampers I started with. Buying them was traumatic as the package was HUGE and impossible to hide among other items, but I added them to the binge/purge rotation. During that time I met my wife, got married, my son was born, and I still kept my diapers a shameful secret. Every few months I would buy a pack of Goodnites or one of the adult products locally, use them within a couple of weeks, then not wear for a few months until the urge became overwhelming, and this continued for a decade until I was in my late 40s.

In between binges, I was starting to delve more into ABDL content online, including lurking here, and decided I had to try some real ABDL diapers. My wife was going out of town for 3 nights and I decided it was now or never. I ordered a pack of Rearz Little Monsters and a sample pack of Alpacas delivered to an Amazon pickup location. The anticipation was incredible that first night, and it seemed to take forever until my son was in bed and I could pull out the Little Monsters and put one on. I was in heaven. I slept diapered for 3 nights and wore as much in the day as I could while my son was in school. Nearly 50 years after first discovering my DL side, I finally found a diaper that made me feel the way I had been trying to feel all those years. I knew I couldn’t keep living with the shame and hiding, and I started the long process of coming to terms with my ABDL side, first to myself and then my wife. Part of that has been becoming active online, including here. It took more than a year, but I finally opened up to her about it and now have her acceptance and no longer have to hide this part of me. It’s funny - I started writing this as a straightforward answer to the question of my first adult diaper that should have been a simple one: Depend pull-on circa 1999. Instead, I rambled for three paragraphs, but connected for the first time in my head how the simple choice of diaper played such a role in the evolution of my relationship with my ABDL side.

Reactions: onedayatatime, DiapImp, Pelusos and 1 other person
Been a DL for as long as I can remember at a young age I would make my own nappies using tissue paper
When I got to the age of 10 I used to save my pocket money and occasionally go to the local shops and buy drynites or pampers/store brand nappies
The first time I tried an adult nappy was when I was 17 i bought some tena slips
It was not long after I passed my driving test I could drive further out 😁 game changer for me because I didn't have to modify pampers to fit

BISKIT said:
The first time I wore a adult diaper was 10 years old because my grandma had old school pampers and just wouldn’t fit so started stealing adult diapers from the pharmacy.I know I was wrong but I had just had to have them.
Diapers are expemsive particularly at that age. I have started wearing nappies/diapers off and on since I was 7 and found it difficult to find them at first. I had to take them from my nieghbors kid who had learning difficulties. He was my friend.

When I was 13 I got a job as a paperboy so was then able to save and get my own adult nappies/diapers.

BISKIT said:
Wearing one now and it’s wet
I just love wearing a wet one and love re-wetting it till it leaks!!

dogboy said:
Even as a young adult, I could fit into cloth baby diapers and Gerber toddler sized plastic pants, so they were my first real diapers. Back in the day, all sorts of stores sold cloth diapers and plastic pants. I would buy the largest size of baby flat diapers and also would buy the largest size of prefolds. I would put two prefolds over the flat diaper and pin the flat diaper. Then I put on the Gerber baby pants and I could wear real baby diapers.
That was my experience as well. I was able to buy cloth diapers in local drug stores and grocery stores easily. They were well stocked and easy to find. I wore the old Curity flats,40"x21" for many years until my mid to late 30s when I grew out of them, I was too big around the waist to pin them on. Too much good food and drink. By that time, cloth diapers has become scarce, harder to find and disposables took up all the shelf space. I could never get excited about disposables so continued to wear cloth diapers, sometimes even fabricated my own until the internet came about and I was able to order cloth prefolds on line.

Reactions: dogboy
My first experience was in my late 40’s as a result of acute diverticulits and subsequent C-Diff. It was suggested as a precaution due to numerous flare-ups to wear some form of protection while away from home. The first pack I bought was from Pathmark Supermarket around 12-15 years ago. I believe it was a store brand. All I remember was that they were light blue, had three tapes on each side and fit my needs. I tried many others but found that cloth versions don’t hold up as well over the course of the day. As others have mentioned, It was not easy at first taking them up to the register, but it got easier over time. Shopping with the wife for milk, bread, eggs and diapers…. Now, I do most of my shopping online. I had three surgeries to remove the diverticulitis called a sigmoidectomy. I may post a question to see if others on this site have had similar issues with Diverticulitis or Diverticulosis. Thankfully, as you all know, it’s much easier to find just about any product, style or brand to suit your needs.

Was a regular clothbacked diaper which I loved but stayed for two months with this one bag then waited for a while but on the covid lockdown I started again , but I only use regular adult ones in Brazil they are really expensive

MintyShadow said:
At first (like normal) I thought that my interest was just a weird phase that would pass over time (so naive of me). However as time went by I realized that it wasn’t a short time minor issue but a part of my life (and that was 4 years ago). But since I was a teenager + already depressed, I thought (not only was I crazy) but I need to take some measures to get my “fix” (at least that’s what i thought was at the time). So for a while I door dashed some large diapers and pull ups and over time learned to cut the ends of some to create a massive waistband. I tried some “adult diapers” but it was the kind for the elderly and I hated it. The just for fun I decided to look on Amazon to see if their was something like mega max and I saw something which at the time was insane. I saw something called rearz and saw a print with dinosaurs on it and noticed the term abdl diapers, I was both confused and amazed. I ordered a pack and 4 years later I’m in a better head space and learned that I’m not alone. So that’s my story, what y’all’s?
I resonate with your story, and feelings of being crazy. Thank you for sharing.

Like others I had pee'd in my underwear in the shower/bath. I also enjoyed that guilty pleasure of peeing in the ocean, and when I was wearing a more snugging swimsuit it as such a pleasent sensation, and yet I still denied to myself that this was a thing for me.

Until around 2017 or 2018, I ordered my first diaper from teenadultdiapers.com. I found one with black, smooth, polyester blend on the outside, a gentle, soft inner lining of white cotton blend 🥰. It's a washable, with a removable, thick, fluffy, terrycloth insert. I've had it for years, but hid it away and wore it only in times of privacy, because I was so afraid my boyfriend at the time, would reject me for it. I felt really surprised, but also relieved that he didn't react the way I expected, which was a great fortune that. I could tell he was off put, but also was open to understanding, and that's all I could ask, so I think I'm pretty lucky when it came to that. We later split up, but it wasn't for the diaper thing, and we are still friends.

Also, he was open enough to play around a bit with the idea... and that's when I found out that someone else unbuttoning my snaps, makes my heart skip a beat with... each... snap... 🤭 Still, I think I prefer a pull on style, with the tearaway sides, incase I decide to do business in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MintyShadow
I was in a chemist and I looked at one of the top shelves and there was a pack of medium sized plastic back adult sized nappies it took me several days to pluck up the courage to go and get them, that was when I was about 25 I'm over 60 now.

Reactions: diaperkool
Late 1990s: Hung over and depressed.
I was in my apartment watching weekend afternoon trash TV. I pissed myself while passed out again at a friend’s house and soaked the couch. “You need to wear diapers!” My friends had been saying.
“I heard that Depends are on sale at the pharmacy!” They said. I thought that maybe I really should wear diapers at night. Suddenly, the Jerry Springer “adult babies” episode came on and I watched it. I was SO TURNED ON and walked several miles outside of town to be discreet when I bought that first pack of Depends.

It was just after Christmas 2009, and I was 19. I don't really remember why, but I was in my first(and only, I married him, he is also my Daddy)relationship. I was at university, but went home for Christmas...I came back to my university city to spend New Year with my boyfriend as he was then. But whilst I was at home, I've no idea why, we got onto the topic of nappies, and on a whim I bought a pack online and sent them to my boyfriend's house(he was staying there over the Xmas period and had.1 housemate, but the housemate worked daytimes). They arrived the day I travelled back to him! Once we'd reunited, he taped one on me(it was a Molicare)and luckily we both at this part fit the medium size. For the rest of the time we were together over the holidays, we were in nappies together!

I was diapered as a bedwetter upto the age of 12 my mum used to diaper me as I wore plastic pants and terry towelling nappies and they would have 2 safety pins either side. I was relieved to be out of nappies at the time cos my younger sis would tease me a tad and I was a bit paranoid. When I was 14 I had the urge to wear again but all my stash was binned after I became dry at night so I used to get a white towel and a white carrier bag with 2 slits cut out and would slip into it. This was late 80s. I always felt guilty about it and resisted until I was 19 when boots chemist stocked “depends fitted briefs” green coloured disposables with 6 tapes either side.The crinkles were so loud on those diapers.

Reactions: sambus
booboopants said:
Late 1990s: Hung over and depressed.
I was in my apartment watching weekend afternoon trash TV. I pissed myself while passed out again at a friend’s house and soaked the couch. “You need to wear diapers!” My friends had been saying.
“I heard that Depends are on sale at the pharmacy!” They said. I thought that maybe I really should wear diapers at night. Suddenly, the Jerry Springer “adult babies” episode came on and I watched it. I was SO TURNED ON and walked several miles outside of town to be discreet when I bought that first pack of Depends.
They were my first adult diaper depends with 3 tapes either side .

My first adult size diaper, I got my first car registered and legal, I was 18 years old. I waited till after midnight and drove to my local supermarket and bought a package of depends. I was so excited, the only thing that disappointed me was that they were green not white. I went back the next week and bought a package of the store brand and they were white. I finally had a giant baby diaper that fit me.

Reactions: sambus
Back