The dance...

Lethdale said:
So sir, what is your remedy?
I value your opinion. 🙏
Sorry that I had missed your Post and request!

Sadly, most all pull-ups are designed for lite to moderate 'leakage' of urine. Over the last several years, newer, higher quality 'Pull-Ups' are appearing on the market with several of them having features that had only been found on Premium, high-quality, night-time adult, tap style, disposable diapers. Like: Longer wetting target area, longer absorbency pads, includes dryness liner, includes side guards, etc. I know that NorthShore products are available to you, but because of the heavy import tax and VAT tax they are very expensive, but NorthShores' Supreme is an excellent example of premium pull-ups, I am talking about. Use it as an example to compare against, the top products available in your market.

NOTE: If you are moderate to a heavy wetter, pull-ups are not designed for you unless you are Okay with changing them often!

Reactions: littledub1955, Angelapinks, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Edgewater said:

Sadly, most all pull-ups are designed for lite to moderate 'leakage' of urine. Over the last several years, newer, higher quality 'Pull-Ups' are appearing on the market with several of them having features that had only been found on Premium, high-quality, night-time adult, tap style, disposable diapers. Like: Longer wetting target area, longer absorbency pads, includes dryness liner, includes side guards, etc. I know that NorthShore products are available to you, but because of the heavy import tax and VAT tax they are very expensive, but NorthShores' Supreme is an excellent example of premium pull-ups, I am talking about. Use it as an example to compare against, the top products available in your market.

NOTE: If you are moderate to a heavy wetter, pull-ups are not designed for you unless you are Okay with changing them often!
Thank you 🙏
Being indoors at home today, I'm in pull-ups.
They are OK for catching premature flow before I reach loo but, as you say, that's about all I would trust them with.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Thinking about wearing a pull-up makes me laugh. I haven't tried to wear a pull-up since I was in high school (floods and major leaks). As for "the chicken dance," being a long-time IC member, I don't try. I'm so used to it that I just let it go. It's a little different with BM's. I have a bit more time (~ a minute or so) but again, I think it's easier to just relax and go. I'm usually laying in bed in the morning (and sometimes half a sleep). Thankfully having one during the day are rare.

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher, Fleetwoodmac32192 and 1 other person
I have given up trying to hold on. My bladder does its own thing. I just wear nappies all the time.

• Love
Reactions: Constantlydamp, littledub1955, Edgewater and 3 others
Wetshisbed said:
I have given up trying to hold on. My bladder does its own thing. I just wear nappies all the time.
I'm back in a nappy today.. got to go out later and my bladder is hyper this week.
It's exhausting rushing to and fro. It get's one down.

• Sad
Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and Pino
Lethdale said:
At home today and having a light day so far so just in a pair of pull-ups but still I'm performing the chicken dance as I struggle to retain control before pulling pants down at loo....and still managing to spray bathroom floor..
It is always a fight. Some days are worse than others so i do look for optimal protection and try to get to the toilet in time. Some days i do try without being padded and as long as i am at home that may work. Main Problem is some phone call i can not stop that easily or somebody ringing the door bell.
When i am not diapered, i can get problems reaching to toilet in time. Sometimes resulting in changing clothes, but even with a diaper, getting it down sometimes takes to long. Most frustration moment i think, you reached it, but still not successful.
Other days i choose a diaper and use it to get things done without permanent toilet breaks.
It still does not feel right for me not even to try to reach the toilet on these days.
I will get up in the night, but i would prefer to use a diaper on some days, but my wife does not like that, so i try as good as possible as long as possible to go without and only when i know i will have to get up more than two times i choose a diaper sometimes.

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and Lethdale
Pino said:
It is always a fight. Some days are worse than others so i do look for optimal protection and try to get to the toilet in time. Some days i do try without being padded and as long as i am at home that may work. Main Problem is some phone call i can not stop that easily or somebody ringing the door bell.
When i am not diapered, i can get problems reaching to toilet in time. Sometimes resulting in changing clothes, but even with a diaper, getting it down sometimes takes to long. Most frustration moment i think, you reached it, but still not successful.
Other days i choose a diaper and use it to get things done without permanent toilet breaks.
It still does not feel right for me not even to try to reach the toilet on these days.
I will get up in the night, but i would prefer to use a diaper on some days, but my wife does not like that, so i try as good as possible as long as possible to go without and only when i know i will have to get up more than two times i choose a diaper sometimes.
Your experience chimes with mine greatly.
It is a struggle and I confess, however I jolly myself along, in my head and on here, I still try and resist wearing a nappy. It can be a snap decision whether I do or not.
With my bladder as it is this week and having to go out today to a retail park I already knew I had to pad up.
Once in the thing I'm OK, calm and relaxed.
Overall, it's for the best and I know, with time, the general direction is being diapered.
As you say, when that overpowering urge comes over one and circumstances prevent one from complying, there are only two outcomes.....wet oneself or release into one's protection.

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and Pino
Lethdale said:
I'm back in a nappy today.. got to go out later and my bladder is hyper this week.
Gets*🤦‍♂️

Lethdale said:
I know just what you mean. Maybe I am lazy but in the end I just gave up and started relying on my nappies.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
@Lethdale, @Pino, The struggle is like a high stress job or owning your own business, even when you go home, it is still there. Reason why I switch careers mid-life, could not stand the company's culture had no boundary between work and home; You lived in your research/work.

I tell myself if you (I) need to take a day, a week, a month, more, off of the stress that your health conditions or incontinence brings, you should not feel guilty, or let others make you feel guilty. It is hard enough that we (I) beat ourselves up for our failings to do this, that, and use the toilet. Still fight but, take a vacation now and then.

Yeah...it still bugs me too.

Reactions: Edgewater, Pino, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
@Lethdale , @Pino ; I fully understand and had the same thoughts at the beginning of my IC. But it took not too long for me to accept my new condition. I stopped trying to rush to the bathroom with every urge coming up and - more and more often - simply used my protection I have to wear anyway. This brought me a lot of peace and comfort and enhanced my quality of life quite a lot. Whom does it make happy to try to use the toilet under all circumstances? I see -for myself - no sense in that, my wife is understanding and doesn’t push me into any direction, so what !?! I‘m diapered, I (we) can do everything we like to do in nearly the same way than before my IC started, so no big deal at all for me. I wear proper, but discrete protection during the day, in the night a thicker one which keeps our bed dry under all circumstances without having to get up in the night at all…

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher, Pino and 1 other person
hbic60 said:
@Lethdale , @Pino ; I fully understand and had the same thoughts at the beginning of my IC. But it took not too long for me to accept my new condition. I stopped trying to rush to the bathroom with every urge coming up and - more and more often - simply used my protection I have to wear anyway. This brought me a lot of peace and comfort and enhanced my quality of life quite a lot. Whom does it make happy to try to use the toilet under all circumstances? I see -for myself - no sense in that, my wife is understanding and doesn’t push me into any direction, so what !?! I‘m diapered, I (we) can do everything we like to do in nearly the same way than before my IC started, so no big deal at all for me. I wear proper, but discrete protection during the day, in the night a thicker one which keeps our bed dry under all circumstances without having to get up in the night at all…
I'm in a nappy today.
I don't want to be dancing about on Good Friday!

Pino said:
I'm sorry your wife isn't as accepting as she might be, but I'm very glad you are loving her by accommodating her preferences as much as you are able. Health conditions always create strain, but your consideration will go a long way toward reducing that. It's good to know there are still some gentlemen in the world, or rather, to be reminded so; I see quite a few in this thread alone. Albeit that one fetish guy....... 😠

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Edgewater, daylight and 2 others
Lethdale said:
At home today and having a light day so far so just in a pair of pull-ups but still I'm performing the chicken dance as I struggle to retain control before pulling pants down at loo....and still managing to spray bathroom floor..
I have done that twice today plus wound up making my diaper quite wet on the third try at trying to pee in the toilet. I never got the diaper pulled down because I was peeing too much in my diaper. Thats control!! LOL!

• Wow
Edgewater said:

Currently using Northshore Premium Pullups and they are amazing but also expensive compared to the Tranquility ones I used before. If I don't have the Northshore ones available I will use two Tranquility ones in case of an accident while out. Sometimes I just pee nonstop so I don't want to walk around in wet Pullups so I can take off the wet one and still be dry and protected until I reach home or my destination. Some of the bathrooms I use when out and about are quite often busy and I don't make it in time. This was a big problem during Covid when limited shops were open and line ups were very long. I have a small list of clean and safe bathrooms on my regular travels but then so does everyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, moorey and Edgewater
PaigeCherubiel said:
I call it "dancing an Irish Jig". Same idea. 😁
I call it "The Rain Dance".

• Haha
Lethdale said:
I did the dance and the shimmy shuffle and some stupid noises too i thought i was the only one it was the on going joke in my family which i didn’t mind I wear nappies now so no more shimmy shuffles I do miss the comedy value of the above but definitely not the bladder pains

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Back