The dance...

Lethdale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
At home today and having a light day so far so just in a pair of pull-ups but still I'm performing the chicken dance as I struggle to retain control before pulling pants down at loo....and still managing to spray bathroom floor..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: moorey, littledub1955, fredy552 and 7 others
Lethdale said:
I'm performing the chicken dance
I call it "dancing an Irish Jig". Same idea. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: moorey, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
PaigeCherubiel said:
I call it "dancing an Irish Jig". Same idea. 😁
Irish chicken jig..💦☘️🥺

• Haha
Reactions: moorey, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
Lethdale said:
At home today and having a light day so far so just in a pair of pull-ups but still I'm performing the chicken dance as I struggle to retain control before pulling pants down at loo....and still managing to spray bathroom floor..
and such (or similar) situations brought me after my urge IC came up stronger very soon to the cognition that it's much better to wear proper protection and rather use it instead of sprinting with every urge. Of course, as long as it makes you happy and proud to reach the toilet as often as possible, it's absolutely fine to do so - but I personally gave this up more or less after a few weeks and decided to use more often my protection and simply continue and enjoy my regular life...

Reactions: moorey, Constantlydamp, PadPhilosopher and 7 others
hbic60 said:
and such (or similar) situations brought me after my urge IC came up stronger very soon to the cognition that it's much better to wear proper protection and rather use it instead of sprinting with every urge. Of course, as long as it makes you happy and proud to reach the toilet as often as possible, it's absolutely fine to do so - but I personally gave this up more or less after a few weeks and decided to use more often my protection and simply continue and enjoy my regular life...
Yep, it's a balancing act.
At the moment, if I can retain some semblance of control, I will try.
I'm in pull-ups today and twice I have wet floor at the loo's foot.
When I went out shopping two days ago I erred on the side of caution and wore a Tena Proskin daiper and plastic pants. Good job too, full basket in hand and in the middle of a superstore, the urge grew too strong and I emptied into them.
20 minutes later, the same thing.

• Wow
Reactions: moorey, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 4 others
Lethdale said:
Yep, it's a balancing act.
At the moment, if I can retain some semblance of control, I will try.
I'm in pull-ups today and twice I have wet floor at the loo's foot.
... and that's the point I never wanted to happen. It would be very inappropriate against my wife to leave anywhere trails of my IC in our home, even if it's in the (tiled of course) bathroom. Sure, if I'm under the shower and an urge hits. I'm OK with that, but I try to avoid pee drops (or more) on the floor, clothing, or , even much worse, on our furnitures or in the bed. It's my responsibility to wear a protection that prevents such events! For sure, accidents can happen, (I also had a few of course), but I try as much as I can to avoid them.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Pino and Diprs2
Of course you are right, if I were leaving trails of urine throughout my house I would indeed take to protection but as I am yet to do that and my accidents are confined to the foot of the pan....and I am the one who cleans it up and disinfects it...I will still try to control my flow when I can.
For now, my pull-ups capture the momentary lapses whilst, for instance, cleaning dishes and the sound of water triggers involutary responses..
It is on days when I am out for extended periods and the odds of reaching a men's room are extended (or I am out working and disrobing to constantly pee is a pain) that I now taking to daipering myself....
On days like these and returning home, I then let the daiper take the strain.
Today, I am out and about and driving. I will wear a daiper. 😃👍🏻

Reactions: moorey, littledub1955, Angelapinks and 5 others
well, if it was the two step, i'd get maybe 1 step. I got very little time anymore, i still try to use the loo, but more often than not its just to maybe empty some left over, or if i'm up i'll just try to go, but not much time left anymore let alone any dancing going on.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Bigbabybret said:
well, if it was the two step, i'd get maybe 1 step. I got very little time anymore, i still try to use the loo, but more often than not its just to maybe empty some left over, or if i'm up i'll just try to go, but not much time left anymore let alone any dancing going on.
I think I know what you mean! 🤣🙏

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Lethdale said:
I think I know what you mean! 🤣🙏
Yep, over the last two years its been getting to the point that i'm close to not even trying to make the bathroom anymore at all.

I'm sure everyone gets these thoughts from time to time, and i know it will pass and i'll still keep trying, but its not fun losing more and more till there is not much if anything left of what control one has.

I really dont get people that want to become IC. I've been nighttime ic for life and that is and has been bad enough, but having to deal with diapers all the time and having a rash (which i have right now) sucks and not too much you can do about it.

Yes, i wish i could still dance the potty dance, that would be great, that would also mean that i can dance (That is not doable anymore).

Reactions: moorey, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 4 others
It's all degrees isn't it? ...Degrees of ability and degrees of acceptance....and the jig we play in our head...back and forth between that acceptance and some degree of denial or resistance..
Oh well.
I just tell myself there's always someone worse off.

Reactions: littledub1955, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 4 others
Lethdale said:
It's all degrees isn't it? ...Degrees of ability and degrees of acceptance....and the jig we play in our head...back and forth between that acceptance and some degree of denial or resistance..
Oh well.
love those white panties, Would lie to wear as protection one night under my pantyhose.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks, PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
Sorry, but the definition you are using are defeating you!

Lite use day is when you get a clear signal from your mind with enough time to move safely to the toilet sit and urinate!! Now during the day, one may also receive a signal and the time is short and you are leaking prior to sitting, that is not a lite use day!

What it sounds like is you are in a need day with a few smile moments when you arrive dry.

Last edited:
Reactions: moorey, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
Sorry, but the definition you are using are defeating you!

Lite use day is when you get a clear signal from your mind with enough time to move safely to the toilet sit and urinate!! Now during the day, one may also receive a signal and the time is short and you are leaking prior to sitting, that is not a lite use day!

What it sounds like is you are in a need day with a few smile moments when you arrive dry.
So sir, what is your remedy?
I value your opinion. 🙏

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and Diprs2
Lethdale said:
Oh well.

@Lethdale If wearing protection allows you to be free to do the things you enjoy then there should be not regrets. You may wish it wasn’t the case from time to time that is normal.

Remember the times you made it to the toilet and the things you accomplished during the day.

Reactions: littledub1955, Angelapinks, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
daylight said:
@Lethdale If wearing protection allows you to be free to do the things you enjoy then there should be not regrets. You may wish it wasn’t the case from time to time that is normal.

Remember the times you made it to the toilet and the things you accomplished during the day.
Thank you. I'm daipered today. 😃👍🏻

Reactions: Angelapinks, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
hbic60 said:
I could not have said any better. The only time I even attempt to use the potty is to go Poop. So far I have not had a problem with that issue. Except making it on time and getting the pants, the diaper, and the plastic pants down and sitting down on the potty.

Reactions: Angelapinks, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 2 others
fredy552 said:
I could not have said any better. The only time I even attempt to use the potty is to go Poop. So far I have not had a problem with that issue. Except making it on time and getting the pants, the diaper, and the plastic pants down and sitting down on the potty.
All my IC is only about my bladder. I have no issues at all at the other end, and I always use the toilet for #2. Only in an extreme, unforeseeable urgency I could imagine to let this go into my diapers, but never happened in the last 2 years since my IC started!

Reactions: littledub1955, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
Lethdale said:
Thank you. I'm daipered today. 😃👍🏻
like to rub on the outside, Do you wear panties or pantyhose as your undewrear.

• Angry
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
Fireball44 said:
like to rub on the outside, Do you wear panties or pantyhose as your undewrear.
'Fraid not. Nappy, plastic pants, long johns. Done.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and Diprs2
Back