Terry nappies and plastic pants

Tenaman

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am in the UK and normally wear the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit 24/7 but for some reason I’ve got quite bad nappy rash at the moment. So I wanted to try terry nappies and plastic pants at night. I am a heavy wetter and in the past have not got on so well with Terry nappies but I’m prepared to give them another go. My question to others who wear terry nappies is where do you get your waterproof pants from so they fit over a bulky terry nappy? None of the ones I can find look like they will be roomy enough. I have found some from InControl but they are in Canada. Would Kylie Kanga pants fit over a terry nappy?
Thanks

in general, disposables are less likely to give you a rash than cloth. Cloth diapers are washed and during repeated washings gradually acquire traces of chemicals from detergents, bleaches and fabric softeners that are not completely eliminated in the washing process. Disposables can also contain chemicals that cause problems, but different brands have traces of different things. So if one brand gives you a problem, try another. Diaper rashes are often caused by the same fungi that cause athletes foot; and athletes foot ointments often work well to eliminate diaper rashes too. And if it's really bad see a doctor.

Last edited:
Thank you. That is really helpful.

Mylesta nylon pants are ideal over nappies. Get a size bigger so they will go over thick Terry nappies.

If Nappies R Us still do the Dry life pants they fit over Terry nappies also add a booster to them
I use 2 hand towels and a 48”x48” square and that last 12 hours

antgjuy said:
in general, disposables are less likely to give you a rash than cloth. Cloth diapers are washed and during repeated washings gradually acquire traces of chemicals from detergents, bleaches and fabric softeners that are not completely eliminated in the washing process. Disposables can also contain chemicals that cause problems, but different brands have traces of different things. So if one brand gives you a problem, try another. Diaper rashes are often caused by the same fungi that cause athletes foot; and athletes foot ointments often work well to eliminate diaper rashes too. And if it's really bad see a doctor.
I wear disposables and I sometimes suffer a little nappy rash. it can be quite nasty if left untreated. I also sometimes get athletes foot as you suggest. when I wash or have a bath I all ways make sure I dry thoroughly between my toes, and also on the cheeks of my bum and between my legs. this and the use of cream keeps away the rash.

Back