Terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rabbit:)

You're not hijacking anything... That's what this topic is about, terminology.

Although, the initial thrust of the topic was supposed to be about why there was so much animosity about trying to define clear boundaries that in my mind shouldn't, and actually don't exist between AB/DL, LG and Sissies.

I am always more than happy to discuss pretty much anything about my views on Sissyhood.

You've made a lot of valid points, and I am not going to even try to respond to every one... I will say that I had to smile when you came up yourself with the perfect rebuttal to your own statement about never calling an adult woman a sissy.... Lolitas & Kawaii fashion ;). I was going to mention them myself next...

For you sissy seems mainly about (hyper) cuteness and youth. For me, it's all about (hyper) femininity and just plain girly-ness, with age not being a main factor at all. Neither of us feel that humiliation is a "main" focus of our sissy-hood, which puts us way outside the norm, and at direct odds with many "sissy experts" on this board and elsewhere.

I am comfortable with that :)

BritneyShagwell said:
I will say that I had to smile when you came up yourself with the perfect rebuttal to your own statement about never calling an adult woman a sissy.... Lolitas & Kawaii fashion ;). I was going to mention them myself next...

Well I know a few folks who are adjacent to these very Japanese specific scenes in their own American Fan/Maker/Burner way and I would be completely uncomfortable calling them sissies. I will ask them for science, but what I've seen as the defining characteristic of both western and Japanese Kawaii fashion (for teens and adults, as opposed to simply Japanese children's fashion) is a defiant embrace of the cuteness in an unashamed (and empowering) way.

Basically, "F*ck Your Patriarchal Values, I'm Cute and I'm OK. Kthxbye! <3<3<3" with varying degrees of explicit "FU-ness" depending on how "riot-girly" vs "girly-girly" they're rollin'.

All that aside, I wonder what you thought of my subtraction thought experiment. I don't deny hyper-femininity as being a part of some sissyness. Any more than femdom or indeed any sexual arousal is part of some folk's sissyspace, but it's not clear it's an essential part.

Neither of us feel that humiliation is a "main" focus of our sissy-hood, which puts us way outside the norm, and at direct odds with many "sissy experts" on this board and elsewhere.

I am comfortable with that :)

Me too. :)

AdorableRabbit said:
I don't deny hyper-femininity as being a part of some sissyness. Any more than femdom or indeed any sexual arousal is part of some folk's sissyspace, but it's not clear it's an essential part.
Yes, it actually is clear. To many, it (femininity) is absolutely and obviously entirely "essential" to THEIR sissyspace, whether you deem it essential or not is immaterial.

Just like, like it or not, for many sissies being humiliated and dominated is crucial to what makes them a "sissy" in their own eyes.

For those types of sissies, and others as well, "cuteness" isn't even a factor... They would likely say something like, "I don't deny that for for some, cuteness is a part of sissyness, just like acting younger, or even child-like, but it's not clear it's an "essential" part.".

I find that statement just as unsupportable as yours :). You're coming up with all kinds of arguments and convoluted logic to "prove" what YOU personally feel is the defining characteristic(s) and show what is (and is not) "essential" to sissyness...

The problem is, with the exception of agreeing that you don't need to be humiliated and/or sexualized to qualify as a sissy, I have pretty much disagreed with almost everything you have said... I'll defend to the death your right to call yourself a sissy, but what you use to define that to yourself has very little to do with what motivates me.

Again, one of the main reasons I created this topic. You don't HAVE to agree with me, nor I with you. We just shouldn't try to say, "Well, I know that you THINK that you're a sissy, because of (insert random trait here), but that's not really essential to being a "real" sissy... You need to embrace (insert random trait important to ME), or I don't think you really know what being a sissy MEANS.".

That's what I have been saying in every single topic about this... I just don't understand the need to create a universally-accepted "essential" sissy characteristic. I'm not sure there is one, but I don't really care :)

All of my posts, I try to be crystal clear, this is what being "sissy" means to ME, but I know others don't agree. That's okay. Nobody gets to tell me how I feel about myself, and I wouldn't presume to tell them what I think is "essential" to their personal definition of sissy-ness or themselves ;)

Personally, I would argue that femininity is pretty central to every "sissy" scenario that I can think of.

Dressing like a female child, or effeminate boy.
Being "forced" to dress in feminine and/or effeminate attire.
Being dominated/humiliated about being dressed as a female and/or effeminately.
Dressing, or being "forced" to dress and act like a bimbo/slut
Infatuation with things, especially clothing, traditionally seen as girly/feminine like bows, ribbons, lace, petticoats, pinafores etcetera, up to and including "adult" costumes/uniforms ranging from Lolita, to Slave GIRL, to Slutty Maid, Playboy Bunny/Bunnygirl, etcetera...

The single common thread in every sissy fantasy is to feel "feminine". The motivations vary hugely as to WHY they want to feel that way, but it seems rather clear to me that "femininity" is prominent in every one, essential, actually, while "cuteness" really isn't...

Last edited:
BritneyShagwell said:
We just shouldn't try to say, "Well, I know that you THINK that you're a sissy, because of (insert random trait here), but that's not really essential to being a "real" sissy... You need to embrace (insert random trait important to ME), or I don't think you really know what being a sissy MEANS.".

Well, I'm sorry if I've come off as trying to dismiss your perspective. Or question your 'sissyness'! (OMG, that idea makes me ROFL despite the fact that I know it's a real and hurtful thing for folks who are struggling with this side of themselves and looking to find definition and self acceptance).

I really wasn't intending those, and it was my concern over seeming argumentative or disrespectful that leads me to regularly question whether you want to continue this discussion.

I'm very happy to agree to disagree and move my musing into another thread on if you'd prefer.

Let me know eitherway, because I feel like I haven't presented my thinking on the topic clearly and I'd like to unpack it more...

Well, I think I've said all I can say on this topic. I'm moving on... You're welcome to stay :)

I'm dangerously close to physically abusing a deceased equine...

BritneyShagwell said:
Well, I think I've said all I can say on this topic. I'm moving on... You're welcome to stay :)

I'm dangerously close to physically abusing a deceased equine...

Mkay... sorry I made you feel that way. Moving on!

I just hope none of get branded with that "vegan" stereotype of pushing our personal doctrines on others... Besides that, to each is own lol...

Or finding someone with a bad case of cranial-rectal inversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back