Tapes on Diapers

jwh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi everyone,

I am just curious has anyone noticed differences between starting off with taping the lower tapes and then the higher tapes. Or vice versa higher and then lower.

I just am asking as I don’t really know what is considered the proper way or is everyone just different.

I understand one needs to stretch out the diapers to get the leg guards to be standing and stretch out the pulp.

Curious you thoughts on this.

Cheers

Jason

Reactions: newAB43, Edgewater, Neroforte and 1 other person
Hi Jason,😃, I usually start off with the lower tapes to assure a good seal in the groin area.
I then tape up the top ones and adjust the fit comfortably.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, slimjiminy, Daj2783 and 5 others
This is clearly an individual thing as much of it depends of your body shape!
Try either way and the one that works best for you is what works best for you!

Last edited:
Reactions: newAB43, OnePiece, jwh and 1 other person
Ah, the age-old debate. Yes, as others are saying, this choice differs from wearer to wearer and some are as adamant about it as other decisions such as what goes in the bowl first? Cereal or milk? What came first? The chicken or the egg?

Personally, I am a bottom first taper. I feel it gets me a more secure fit and helps prevent leaks.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, newAB43, Edgewater and 1 other person
I started taping from top to bottom, but after LOTS of ADISC users told me how convenient it is to tape bottom to top I converted to the BTT denomination.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLPeakOut, newAB43, Edgewater and 1 other person
ElPulpo said:
I started taping from top to bottom, but after LOTS of ADISC users told me how convenient it is to tape bottom to top I converted to the BTT denomination.
Converted to BTT denomination 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Oceansky2021, newAB43, Edgewater and 1 other person
I’d really like to hear @Joediaper ‘s take on this as I am sure he feels strongly one way or the other and his explanation for whichever would be captivating.

Reactions: newAB43, Edgewater, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
Reactions: newAB43, jwh and Edgewater
Thank you all for your responses. I will continue to experiment.

Any other tips on either Mega Max; Rearz or tykables.

Reactions: Edgewater
I’ve experimented taping both ways, but find for me taping from the bottom first seals the legs so, I don’t get that dreaded bum leak or leaks outside of the leg gathers between the legs.

Reactions: Edgewater and jwh
LilHotRod said:
I’d really like to hear @Joediaper ‘s take on this as I am sure he feels strongly one way or the other and his explanation for whichever would be captivating.
Captivating eh? 😁 Good one. I'm a bottom tape first too.

What I like to do is... well... looks like someone beat me to my own post...
ElPulpo said:

Allow me to quote myself for you reading enjoyment:
Joediaper said:
The key is the lower tapes. You don't want the diaper wrapped around your upper thighs.

The best way to achieve this is laying down with your legs spread as far as you can. Grab the lower tapes and lay the wings in the crook where your thigh meets your hip. Only needs to be snug enough to close the gaps around your legs. The tapes should be angled a bit upwards at this point.

Then the top tapes get pulled just snug enough around your waist to keep the diaper up.

This might not be the perfect tape position for you but it will get you very close. It will stretch a bit over time and you can use the second chance tapes to adjust a bit. If you need it to be a bit more snug to stay up then adding the packing tape landing zone is recommended.

Captivated yet? 😎

Reactions: jwh and Edgewater
Sure am! Thanks for that. I only really get diapered lying down if someone else is doing it. Doing so myself hurts my neck after a while, but I suppose it does help get a bit of an ab (talking about the muscles lol) workout in. I do too however angle the bottom tapes up, aiming for the crease between where the thigh and pelvis create the bend, avoiding taping around the thighs. Plus, lying down to get diapered in a public washroom is not an option.

Can’t remember where but I saw this in a video once and have been using this method 99% of the time ever since. The top tapes, I actually angle down and overlap the upward angled bottom tapes, creating almost an X with them and hiding them. Most diapers have front and rear elasticized waistbands so I still feel like I’m getting a comfortable, secure fit. It’s when they don’t that I’ll tape the top tapes more horizontally.

Reactions: Joediaper, jwh, newAB43 and 1 other person
Being out and about as a IC allows practice with placing on a diaper while standing. Lying down is nice, but provides zero preparation when one is out and about and laying on a public restroom floor, No Thank You!

Reactions: jwh, newAB43 and NappiedTruckDriver
If I'm wearing a disposable on my own, I tape the bottom tapes first. Always have.

If my SO is diapering me, on the other hand, she tends to tape the top tapes first. Since she hates disposables for the environmental impact, I'm almost always in cloth diapers instead.

• Love
Reactions: jwh, newAB43, Edgewater and 1 other person
I'm a bottom to top taper. I've tried taping from the top first, but I get a better fit when taping BTT. I think it also depends on the diaper fit you're used. I generally prefer to tape a bit tight.

Reactions: jwh, Edgewater and newAB43
Bottom right, bottom left, top left, top right. This seems to work for me plus plastic pants over the nappy to hold everything tight.

• Love
Reactions: jwh, Edgewater and newAB43
I mostly wear cloth-backed (starting at bottom), so when I switch to a plastic-backed diaper, I have to be midnful not to do the bottom tapes too tight. Unlike the cloth-backed diaper, the plastic-backed briefs don't stretch much (you can actually cut off blood circulation). OTOH, you can do the cloth-backed lower tapes tight, and they will stretch as required.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and newAB43
Back