Talking to friend about abdl

Littlewolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I have one close friend who I'm best friends with kinda like sisters. How do I tell her about being an abdl person.

• Love
Reactions: mightytoddler
If you believe in her, and feel like you can share everything with her, maybe you can, this community has a topic about this issue, check it here!

Reactions: GabyinPurple
I still haven’t told any of my friends about my slight incontinence or my love for diapers. I would have no clue how to tell them or if it’s even worth telling them

Reactions: EuroBoy
You don't. It is ok to take a secret with you to the grave.

Reactions: LePew and Sidewinder
Cribbin said:
You don't. It is ok to take a secret with you to the grave.
That is true too

I'd suggest you think about why you want to tell your friend. What do you hope to gain from it? Why do you think your friend needs to know? Your benefit or theirs?

I can appreciate the shame people feel about telling people about this side of themselves, and also the desire to have people know and accept you for you you are, but think carefully. Does your friend really need to know? A potential partner, that I can understand. But personally, I don't think friends need to know everything about someone. What are you hoping your friend does with the information? My partner told me because he was hoping I'd be OK with helping him with time and space to be himself, and more importantly help him with his diapers. He doesn't need that from his friends and so they don't know. Unless your friend is going to see you in a situation where you have a diaper on, I doubt they really need to know either.

Once you have decided that yes, you do want to tell, then speaking from the other side, I'd say honesty and giving information in small doses is the best policy. Give them time to process the information. Make your intentions clear right at the start.

mammalun said:
I'd suggest you think about why you want to tell your friend. What do you hope to gain from it? Why do you think your friend needs to know? Your benefit or theirs?

I can appreciate the shame people feel about telling people about this side of themselves, and also the desire to have people know and accept you for you you are, but think carefully. Does your friend really need to know? A potential partner, that I can understand. But personally, I don't think friends need to know everything about someone. What are you hoping your friend does with the information? My partner told me because he was hoping I'd be OK with helping him with time and space to be himself, and more importantly help him with his diapers. He doesn't need that from his friends and so they don't know. Unless your friend is going to see you in a situation where you have a diaper on, I doubt they really need to know either.

Once you have decided that yes, you do want to tell, then speaking from the other side, I'd say honesty and giving information in small doses is the best policy. Give them time to process the information. Make your intentions clear right at the start.
That is true.it was a while when I made this post and decided its not really necessary to explain to people who aren't with me 24/7 such as my husband.

Reactions: BBBen and GabyinPurple
I cannot give you specific advice as to whether you should tell her about your diapers. First, however, is to evaluate your own motive. What do you think her reaction would be? Being intimate with people by sharing our thoughts, beliefs, strengths, weaknesses, idiosyncrasies, fantasies is a double-edged sword with benefits and risks. The benefit is ACCEPTANCE while the risk is REJECTION. This is not a binary reaction as there are points on a continuum of acceptance and rejection from "Do you want me to change you?" to "You're sick and perverted, goodbye." Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Once I did that I thought I was within a safe zone because he shared some secrets about his life with his wife . Nothing nasty just different lifestyles . All I did was show him my binkys and said as a break through These help me cope with very stressful days . Big mistake ! That was years ago he just stopped communicating with me . It hurt me deeply to , as for today im IC for life ( auto accident) and just about everyone I know already knows I’m in diapers I wear childish clothing daily but I don’t get out much mostly homebound . My very best friend of 29 years found out by accident while in my house . Our playroom was open I forgot to close the door . He peaked in the room looked around and said …is this your escape room ? Sheepishly I said yes . He looked at me weirdly smiled real big and said , your one weird buckaroo and that’s what caught my attention years ago . Im happy for you and your wife that you still enjoy your inner childhood . He gave me the biggest hug then closed the door . Now every time we get some time together he just smiles at my manner of dress often says , You certainly don’t hide your spirit do ya brother . I wish I had the strength to be as open and amazing as you are , (followed by) my wife and I just love you to death you’ll never ever be judged by us old hippies . Your unique one of a kind don’t ever let anyone step on your inner beautiful spirit .
Mind ya he’s a butch manly type he’s never ever said anything to anyone about my and my mommy Private life’s . That is a true forever friend 😊❤️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Littlewolf and ARBBB2
Littlewolf said:
So I have one close friend who I'm best friends with kinda like sisters. How do I tell her about being an abdl person.
Start off with simple things like your love of certain clothing and plush baby’s . Don’t dump out at 1 time . You know your friend best don’t push to hard just a little at a time . Don’t put yourself in a position of asking questions concerning littles just yet . Explain how you deal with stress in your private time at home . Feel your buddy out to see if she’s open to new things without judgment . I hope whoever your friend is knows how to respect others privacy because there are a lot of gossiping people out there . But you’re in the right place here because all of us are not judgmental littles . You be you and my wish is that you do have a wonderful positive reaction with your buddy . Bunches of hugs to you 🥰❤️🥰

• Love
Reactions: Babyboyneedssomehaalp and Littlewolf
Littlewolf said:
That is true.it was a while when I made this post and decided its not really necessary to explain to people who aren't with me 24/7 such as my husband.
I’m not sure you’d have to think it over. I started dating a little redhead girl that I had dated previously when we were first going out she was doing some strange looking thing that she called Keagle exercises. She said they were for her bladder muscles a few times before this when we were coming back from Having dinner in her house . I heard a crinkly sound a couple of times. It definitely sounded like a diaper. I asked her what it was and she said “oh nothing“ and seemed embarrassed, but then she told me that she has a small bladder with some weak bladder muscles, and she not all the time, but often will wear a diaper, she would wear a diaper when we went to New York City. Take an extra one with her or she would stop at her father’s office in the city and change her diaper. I had overactive bladder , she would wear a diaper when we went to New York City. Take an extra one with her or she would stop at her fathers office in the city and change her diaper. I had overactive bladder then, but not too bad at that time but not too bad. at that time, but not too bad. Then we got back together in the future. I was wearing diapers at night and during the day then because the overactive bladder got worse. We went to a airshow and it was a long day watching the planes. They had bent down to pick something up and I guess my T-shirt wasn’t all the way down so she saw the waistband of my diaper. She said “something is showing” she gave me a funny look. I told her that I had to use diapers because of an overactive bladder. She was very nice about it and asked some questions. She said she still uses diapers as well so I never feel uncomfortable when I’m around her and I’m wearing a thick bulky adult diaper Instead of bothering with the underwear, looking ones from the drugstore. So I’m not an adult baby maybe you could call me a diaper lover since they make me feel comfortable and less stressed to wear them and use them . I’m glad she was very nice about it and didn’t think it was a big deal that I was wearing and using a diaper for my bladder trouble.

Reactions: mightytoddler and CutestPaddedFemboy
prg333 said:
I’m not sure you’d have to think it over. I started dating a little redhead girl that I had dated previously when we were first going out she was doing some strange looking thing that she called Keagle exercises. She said they were for her bladder muscles a few times before this when we were coming back from Having dinner in her house . I heard a crinkly sound a couple of times. It definitely sounded like a diaper. I asked her what it was and she said “oh nothing“ and seemed embarrassed, but then she told me that she has a small bladder with some weak bladder muscles, and she not all the time, but often will wear a diaper, she would wear a diaper when we went to New York City. Take an extra one with her or she would stop at her father’s office in the city and change her diaper. I had overactive bladder , she would wear a diaper when we went to New York City. Take an extra one with her or she would stop at her fathers office in the city and change her diaper. I had overactive bladder then, but not too bad at that time but not too bad. at that time, but not too bad. Then we got back together in the future. I was wearing diapers at night and during the day then because the overactive bladder got worse. We went to a airshow and it was a long day watching the planes. They had bent down to pick something up and I guess my T-shirt wasn’t all the way down so she saw the waistband of my diaper. She said “something is showing” she gave me a funny look. I told her that I had to use diapers because of an overactive bladder. She was very nice about it and asked some questions. She said she still uses diapers as well so I never feel uncomfortable when I’m around her and I’m wearing a thick bulky adult diaper Instead of bothering with the underwear, looking ones from the drugstore. So I’m not an adult baby maybe you could call me a diaper lover since they make me feel comfortable and less stressed to wear them and use them . I’m glad she was very nice about it and didn’t think it was a big deal that I was wearing and using a diaper for my bladder trouble.
That was an easy way to deal with your medical condition plus she to has her own personal reasons as well . That’s pretty much the ideal way and having a person who also uses a diaper for other than being a little ( AB or toddler)

mightytoddler said:
That was an easy way to deal with your medical condition plus she to has her own personal reasons as well . That’s pretty much the ideal way and having a person who also uses a diaper for other than being a little ( AB or toddler)
Yes, it was pretty easy to tell her about it. I didn’t feel too bad telling her we’re funny because I knew she had a bladder problem and still does. It’s really not much fun if you’re trying to limit the intake of drinking during the day because you’re worried you won’t be able to find a bathroom. Getting dehydrated feeling. I tell her don’t worry about it you should drink what you need to drink and just use and wear a diaper if you’re worried, you won’t be able to find or be near the bathroom when you have an urge to urinate and your bladder is not working the right way since it’s smaller than usual, and the muscles are kind of weak the pelvic floor muscle. But a lot of people will restrict their activities or drinking. Because of it instead of just getting good quality and diaper that will take care of the problem. Without leaking because it’s one of those skimpy ones that is sold in the store that looks like underwear, but only good for a very light amount of leakage

Young healthy people can experience bladder trouble. But it’s still too much of a stigma attached to it but it’s only old people or people who are disabled. So people are young and healthy. Get stressed and avoid doing things socially or limit their drinking. Instead of just using a high-quality what some people would consider an old-fashioned bulky diaper. But they are the best because you can go for a good period of the day 6 hours, at least without having to worry about leaking or changing your diaper when you use a premium diaper like better dry Abena or North Shore diapers. I don’t have to worry or feel nervous or stressed. Nobody can tell even when I’m wearing them thickest bulkiest diaper. It be worse to not wear a diaper I think having a lot of accidents where your pants are soaked out in public.

Last edited:
Reactions: mightytoddler
prg333 said:
Yes, it was pretty easy to tell her about it. I didn’t feel too bad telling her we’re funny because I knew she had a bladder problem and still does. It’s really not much fun if you’re trying to limit the intake of drinking during the day because you’re worried you won’t be able to find a bathroom. Getting dehydrated feeling. I tell her don’t worry about it you should drink what you need to drink and just use and wear a diaper if you’re worried, you won’t be able to find or be near the bathroom when you have an urge to urinate and your bladder is not working the right way since it’s smaller than usual, and the muscles are kind of weak the pelvic floor muscle. But a lot of people will restrict their activities or drinking. Because of it instead of just getting good quality and diaper that will take care of the problem. Without leaking because it’s one of those skimpy ones that is sold in the store that looks like underwear, but only good for a very light amount of leakage

Young healthy people can experience bladder trouble. But it’s still too much of a stigma attached to it but it’s only old people or people who are disabled. So people are young and healthy. Get stressed and avoid doing things socially or limit their drinking. Instead of just using a high-quality what some people would consider an old-fashioned bulky diaper. But they are the best because you can go for a good period of the day 6 hours, at least without having to worry about leaking or changing your diaper when you use a premium diaper like better dry Abena or North Shore diapers. I don’t have to worry or feel nervous or stressed. Nobody can tell even when I’m wearing them thickest bulkiest diaper. It be worse to not wear a diaper I think having a lot of accidents where your pants are soaked out in public.
I was 27 when I was crushed by a drunk driver my bladder was so badly destroyed they had to remove 2/3 of that . Directly behind it my spinal cord was partly cut as well as ruptured spleen . That was that area damaged there’s far more damage but that damage put me in diapers for life . I hid from everyone ! But after a period of years and the beginning of ABDL community coming out that’s when I stopped hiding . My wife / mommy met me in a medical facility so diapers was no big deal to her at all . Today she picks out ABDL diapers the best quality but with cute patterns she likes to see me running around in the house with a short diaper shirt . Mommy loves me so much she must approve of any clothing I wear daily . In that respect despite my endless physical disabilities mommy treats me so very sweetly . She says diapers are no different than under ware it’s just a normal need . I’m very blessed to have found her or she found me . She proposed to me which confused me lol . I don’t care who sees my diaper outline in public it’s not about others only my mommy counts ❤️

• Love
Reactions: ARBBB2
I told my doctor yesterday when I was having a physical, went into a lot of details. He had never heard of ab/dl. he asked a lot of questions took some notes to look it up. Before i started he had checked my hernia and mu prostrate, so he saw that I was completely shaved, so I just started telling him why. He seemed a little shocked. I told him before starting I did not want any of this on my record. He said it wouldnt be, so we will see.

prg333 said:
That's good she seems very understandable about it

Littlewolf said:
Unless you really need to, i wouldn’t tell anyone. The only face-to-face person I have told is my wife, I don’t mind chatting with people here on this site, because we will probably never ever meet up, and we have signed up here because we have the same kinks. I really like it this way, I feel like I have some good nappy friends here 😁👍🏻

Littlewolf said:
That's good she seems very understandable about it
Yes, it was good. She listened when I was telling her she asked a few questions and I said I wear them at night and during the day. And mentioned I use a diaper that has a high capacity. A high absorbency. not like the ones I told her that you can get at the drugstore. I told her I order them and they come from medical supply company or from Amazon. Whatever we were at my car I showed her a few extra diapers that I had. She mentioned they looked big, but must be comfortable, I said yes it’s not like the ones you see in the drugstore that look like underwear. It looks like an old-fashioned actual diaper. Kind of big and bulky but they are much better because of the very high absorbency anywhere from 60 to about 110 ounces . She still told me that she uses diapers as well for her small bladder and it’s kind of weak. Still, she tells me, so I think she said she might try out some of the brands I mentioned.IMG_8180.jpegIMG_4244.jpeg

Last edited:
Back