Taking the piss.

Lethdale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Anyone been engaged in a conversation to find the subject of incontinence come up?
To sit silently listening to someone's not cruel but nevertheless scornful take on incontinency?
All the time them not knowing that one is sat in a wet nappy/diaper and diaper pants.

• Haha
Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver, Diprs2, KBoy and 1 other person
when this happens I always nottice the diaper stigma is alive and well in the conversations

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, KBoy and 2 others
SparkyDog said:
when this happens I always nottice the diaper stigma is alive and well in the conversations
Yep. Very much so.

Reactions: Diprs2, KBoy and Edgewater
Laughing because of the visual was just laughable!

Some idiot was talking down IC folks while talking to one who is!?!?

According the the rules of the Universe, that idiot just ensured they will become IC!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, KBoy and 2 others
Lethdale said:
Anyone been engaged in a conversation to find the subject of incontinence come up?
To sit silently listening to someone's not cruel but nevertheless scornful take on incontinency?
All the time them not knowing that one is sat in a wet nappy/diaper and diaper pants.
After the conversation, stand up and say *i need to change my diaper/nappy* watch the expression change on his/her face

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: PaddedPonyboy, Diprs2, Wetshisbed and 4 others
Edgewater said:
Laughing because of the visual was just laughable!

Some idiot was talking down IC folks while talking to one who is!?!?

According the the rules of the Universe, that idiot just ensured they will become IC!
It did feel strange! 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Lethdale said:
Little do those idiots know that someday in the future, they will likely be sitting in a wet and poopy diaper when they are older.

Reactions: PaddedPonyboy, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
LittleRobbie said:
After the conversation, stand up and say *i need to change my diaper/nappy* watch the expression change on his/her face
I kinda do that to closer friends that till this day still dont believe or have no clue im actually incontinent and wears diapers hahaha! They just kinda ignore that sentence and think i need to go poop or smth, and even brush off the fact that sometimes i go in the bathroom with my backpack.

Generally, i think incontinence is a common thing and just that in my circle or maybe country/region.. i dont know , its just not a topic to be talked about. Since its not, many a time such topics about incotinence are only tied to being old. Like old people that lost control of their bladder or bowels. No one kinda thinks a younger person CAN be incontinent. With little to no knowledge, they are tend to be more scornful and being incontinence is seen as a weakness and failure in life kinda thing. ( like omg your life is over )

I try not to push anyone into those conversations but i do met some that are intrugued by people becoming incontinent, and frown upon the fact that incontinent people sure smells like poop and pee and should stay at home , hide themselves etc.
so i tell them " Who knew? im like wearing a diaper now and you would never know " - and again, no one will know :)
and the best part is they dont even think i am incontinent or that i am wet since morning in a diaper from the night before.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale and Edgewater
Lethdale said:
Yep. Very much so.
Fortunately not since I was a kid when my folks used to talk to friends and relations about my bedwetting as if I wasn't in the room.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Lethdale
LittleRobbie said:
Definitely if the situation arose. I would do that. Fortunately all my friends and family know I wear adult nappies and it snt a problem.

Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp and Edgewater
SparkyDog said:
Yes, he was scornful of adult nappies/diapers, more so than the incontinence itself..."No f***ers putting me in an incontinence pad".
This was yesterday. Last night I had my first dream where my nappy cover top was showing in public...
I guess his words brought it home he was unknowingly talking about me.😳

Lethdale said:
Yes, he was scornful of adult nappies/diapers, more so than the incontinence itself..."No f***ers putting me in an incontinence pad".
This was yesterday. Last night I had my first dream where my nappy cover top was showing in public...
I guess his words brought it home he was unknowingly talking about me.😳
yep even though the senior diaper market has exploded there is still the stigma & embarrassment about diapers
which is why caths etc exist
some people will just never wear and that's of course their choice
others are more accepting of body changes

SparkyDog said:
yep even though the senior diaper market has exploded there is still the stigma & embarrassment about diapers
which is why caths etc exist
some people will just never wear and that's of course their choice
others are more accepting of body changes
They just need getting used to until they are no longer a big deal, I think.

Lethdale said:
That's true. Apart from the perceived stigma, it's "just a diaper".

Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale and Edgewater
Lethdale said:
Definitely. My nappies are just my underwear now. I've never had any negative comments since I started wearing them again

Wetshisbed said:
Definitely. My nappies are just my underwear now. I've never had any negative comments since I started wearing them again
This is how I hope to feel soon. Free of doubts and resistance. Just easy.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Wetshisbed
The more often you wear the easier it gets.

Everyday gets a little easier. 🙏

Lethdale said:
This is how I hope to feel soon. Free of doubts and resistance. Just easy.
The not having to find a public loo has taken any worry about wearing away for me as I was pee shy in them

Reactions: Lethdale
NappiedTruckDriver said:
The not having to find a public loo has taken any worry about wearing away for me as I was pee shy in them
At university, I had a friend ask me to go to the loo with him and piss in next urinal so he could go. He had a problem with strangers in the next urinal.

Back