patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
Recently there has been a lot more availability of size 7 and size 8 diapers as well as comparable sizes for pull ups with 5t-6t. Swim diapers however rarely even have a size 6. They combine size 5 and 6 into a size L. I also find the bland washed-out prints of recent years very disappointing. First gen swim diapers were much more colorful and fun. In the late 2000s and 2010s they were less colorful and bold, but still had large characters like Nemo or Tigger. Recent ones are so boring. Anyone else have thoughts on disposable swim diaper trends?

At my local pool, cloth diaper covers are required, and just using a disposable swim diaper is not allowed. Parent are encouraged to use a disposable swim diaper under a cloth swim diaper cover. But if you are going to use a cloth cover anyways, might as well also use a reusable inner swim diaper. That means at least in my local area, there would be a lower demand for disposable swim diapers and maybe that is common for public pools all over the country.

Another thought, maybe diapers in size 7 and 8 are mostly being used by kids at night and parents buying them would never buy swim diapers for those same kids, so demand for larger swim diapers might be much lower than demand for regular diapers or pull ups.

Furthermore, swim diapers are much more likely to be seen over a waistband than a regular diaper under normal circumstances. Kids that wear size 6, 7, or 8 diapers are either 4-6 and late to potty training, or they are 2-3 but are larger and more easily mistaken as 4-6. Either way, those parents might feel more self-conscious of the diapers being seen and therefore are less likely to take their kids swimming in general or are more likely to opt for cloth swim diapers as the more discreet option.

In all of these scenarios, Huggies Little Swimmers or Pampers Splashers (which presumable operate independently of the regular diaper or pull-ups companies) probably don't see the same kind of demand for larger sizes and therefore don't have any incentive to make larger swim diapers. This might also account for the lack of store brand options for swim diapers.

Regardless of the reason(s), I am very disjointed by the lack of options for older kids and anyone with special needs to wear disposable swim diapers and by the lack of fun/interesting/exciting prints and colors.

A good example of a reusable swim diaper. Wonder if your pool would allow this.

1712781655993.png

Reactions: moorey
it might be rules are hostal to disposable swim diapers, where I live the community rules read "Babies and young children must wear diapers covered with tight fitting rubber pants or swim diapers and bathing attire while in the baby pool. Any child who is not toilet trained is not allowed in the big pool at any time" it seems a bit more hostal to swim diapers, and swim diapers are not trusted to work as you can see that diapered children are not allowed in the pool but only the "baby pool" which is more of a splash pond

I understand why pools are so harsh. If an accident happens they have to close and do all the cleaning sometimes including emptying the pool. It costs them lots and lots of money..

Reactions: DLScottsman
Back