Spray this on your DIAPER For a Powder FRESH SCENT

Shop rite had most of these in both Summers Eve and FDS so I picked up a few. I will report what I think about the scents.

The two brands look identical, but the ingredients are a bit different. FDS has a few more ingredients chamomile and aloe instance. The overall scents are very subtle.

Reactions: jellyjigger and BobbiSueEllen
I can't find Mitchum Spray, just Mitchum Powder Fresh sticks online. Can someone provide more details on where this spray can be found? What's the best in your opinion @ArchtopK as far as retro diaper powder scent goes amongst these product lines mentioned: Secret, Mitchum, FDS and others?

Personally, I have found those Dreft scented laundry beads to be the closest to 80s Luvs scent, but not directly. You have to impart the scent by placing the beads in or near said item (e.g. a diaper) for about 12 hours (or less if you use more beads). Then, let said item "air out" for a brief time (as the bead-scent is very strong and doesn't match any diaper smells at this concentration). Then bring the "finished" item next to some *used* vinyl pants with a slight urine smell and bingo - this is Luvs scent exactly.

I think the Luvs scent is so elusive because a significant portion of the bouquet IS the natural odor of vinyl but you can't really tell this is the case unless you combine them. The resulting magic is greater than the sum of the parts :).

IMO Dreft beads and the discontinued Powder Fresh Wal-Mart's Parent's Choice wipes are the only two things I've found to nail the old Luvs scent perfectly.

• Thinking
Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
neophyte said:
I can understand that, especially when these products have warnings like this....

This is the Summers Eve Baby Powder spray seen in the OP.

View attachment 61592
A lot of aerosols are flammable because of the propellent is often a hydrocarbon. But it is evaporates almost instantly and will not burn after it drys. So by the time you put the diaper on you are safe. Also many powders that are super fine will burn as well when floating through the air. Take the coffee creamer brand made by a company called rich and sprinkle some across a open flame. It will flame big time just because how fine it is ground and it is falling through the air with oxygen around every molecule as it spreads out in the air so it burns almost as fast as gas fumes. But if you pour it out in a pile on a table and try to light it it wont burn. This is how grain elevators explode. They get lots of fine grain in the air and it only takes one spark. But the bread they make from the grain is safe to eat. So just because it is flammable does not make it unsafe. They have to put warnings on labels because the world is sue happy. Look up coffee creamer flame thrower on YT. People like that are the reason why. Same reason my wife's curling Iron says DO NOT insert into any orifice. some idiot has done it.

I have used the FDS brand in the past and never had any reactions.. Spray deodorant has the same warning. I will give this product a try

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
quartz200420012 said:
I've seen her videos. She's got to be a closeted ABDL/Little despite what she says...
I watch a lot of her content. It is very informative and yes she often states she not Abdl and just does demonstrations and reviews of diapers. She even reviews some kids diapers because she has a few little ones. I do agree about her maybe being a closeted ABDL. A lot of her content is diaper related more than a lot of her other topics. If she indeed has ABDL tendencies great! She is very open and honest about her diaper content and that brings a better light to those who are ABDL in general.

I have not tried Mitchum, but Ban roll on powder fresh has a distinct diaper scent to it. All of these products share bits and peices of the scents we remember. the trouble, as I have pointed out many times is no one has smelled these scents in over 20 years. The diaper scents used today are a far cry from what we remember. I also want to try Old Spice, as that has been mentioned in the perfume forums as having a Pampers note to it and it is owned by P&G now. And the body sprays described in the OP are more effective if sprayed on your body, as opposed to spraying the diaper.

DragonPrinceling said:
I use Mitchum Powder Fresh antiperspirant and it smells exactly like baby powder, it's amazing. I just use it on my underarms in the morning and people comment on me smelling like baby powder all day. I would never spray it on my diaper though.
My go to deodorant is Dove Ladies Baby Powder scent.

DragonPrinceling said:
I use Mitchum Powder Fresh antiperspirant and it smells exactly like baby powder, it's amazing. I just use it on my underarms in the morning and people comment on me smelling like baby powder all day. I would never spray it on my diaper though.
That same thing happened to me when I used that scent! 😃 It is a fun way to express your little side. 😉

Reactions: DragonPrinceling
Back