So... Tranquility ATNs leak if you sleep on your stomach

UnderTheRadar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Well I sometimes sleep on my stomach... turns out anytime I wake up on my stomach is when Tranquility ATN leaks at least for me

Sleeping (and wetting) on your stomach seems to be a problem for all diapers, i do not need them often when lying down, but they leak very often, not matter what kind i used. I do sleep on my stomach since i was a baby.

ATN are probably the most ironically named diaper other than USA Depends. Stomach sleepers need a lot more padding up front with an elastic waist. Try Seni Quattro, when I wore disposables to bed they always worked well.

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, PadPhilosopher, KnappFlannel and 1 other person
UnderTheRadar said:
Well I sometimes sleep on my stomach... turns out anytime I wake up on my stomach is when Tranquility ATN leaks at least for me
this isn't just an issue for ATN
Lots diapers leak for stomach / side sleepers

Tranquility ATN is basically one step up from store brands or depends
They arnt exactly known for being great and ATN is bit of a joke. You can add a booster if it's all you have access too but recommend trying some different brands.

while you figure it out make sure you have a mattresses protector and sleep on a soaker pad. Makes for way less laundry

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Jorelaxed, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
...the struggle is real. I've always been a stomach sleeper, and half the time there will be a leak of some kind somewhere regardless of the disposable brand.

I've had some very good results with reusable cloth diapers, but the one's that have been 100% leak proof are bulky (awkward to sleep on) and take 2-3 dryer cycles to dry -- fine for at-home use but nowhere else.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I sleep on my stomach every night. I tried many pull-ups, then diapers including ATN and they all leaked.
The few that did not were, northshore megamax, betterdry, InControl original and elite, and 1 more maybe abena.
The trade off is you have a much thicker diaper between legs and rear area that never gets used but if you’re only sleeping, diddnt take time that long to get used to them.
I wear megamax and the incontrols at this time.

Also, PUL underwear over it like garywear are a huge help if you find you leak through these

Reactions: Pino and Jorelaxed
Try pointing down into the diaper if ur a guy seems to work add a thick cloth diaper pull on and plastic pants and a large bed pad

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I sleep on my stomach and found out if I put the diaper on backwards that it's works a lot better for stomach sleeping

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: Pino, KnappFlannel, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
Idaho said:
I sleep on my stomach and found out if I put the diaper on backwards that it's works a lot better for stomach sleeping
That's actually a really clever idea. If it has the same padding throughout, that would be a big improvement, albeit an odd feeling.

Reactions: furry121, KnappFlannel, UnderTheRadar and 1 other person
InvestigativePhilosopher said:
That's actually a really clever idea. If it has the same padding throughout, that would be a big improvement, albeit an odd feeling.
It's not too weird actually but I have my wife diaper me at night

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Idaho said:
It's not too weird actually but I have my wife diaper me at night
That would be much easier, as the tapes will be in a strange place for you to reach.

InvestigativePhilosopher said:
That would be much easier, as the tapes will be in a strange place for you to reach.
Yep but if I sleep on my back I tend to leak also out the hip area

UnderTheRadar said:
So ideally I'm looking for a:

-cloth back diaper
-hook and loop tapes
-high leak guards
-Decent capacity
-last at least 6 hours in a sitting position

Bonus... Elastic in the front and back would be nice

I don't know a whole lot about Abena But I know the old school plastic back level 4 was pretty decent

So I imagine they're cloth backed would be pretty good in a level 4

Thoughts?
Though it's been some years since I had any, my recollection is that the Abena level 4 cloth backed was excellent and should satisfy your requirements nicely. Chatter is that they're better in some important ways than the Abena plastic-backed. Another to try would be the Northshore AirSupreme. I had those more recently, and they were also excellent. Both are great wickers, so they use the whole pad before they get leaky, but of course, wear time will Depend [ba dum TSS] on your output.

Back