So, Momma2moosey is out of town... and I am on my own for a whole week

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Aside from the fact that it is awfully lonely here without her, and that no matter how hard I try... I just can not get a cloth diaper on myself as snug as momma2moosey can! So, I have pulled out my emergency stash of ABU disposables. I have some Super Dry Kids/Simple Ultras and some Pre School plastic.

I never thought that I would use em. However after reading a few threads on how to get them on just right, I have found the fit to be good and comfy. And yup they sure can handle several wettings. I have been near 24/7 since she has left and plan on staying that way as much as possible until she returns.

Its funny, momma2moosey has had me diapered for bed almost every night for going on 4 years. Last night because I could not get the cloth tension just right, I went to bed naked. I tossed and turned for at least 3 hours. Finally, I got up grabbed a cloth diaper and some plastic pants and diapered myself... not nearly as snugly as M2M can get em but the best I could... you know the rest of the story. I was out for the count. The only thing I was missing was M2M.

So I still love my cloth/plastic and pins but I am a bit more sold on using disposables when I have to.

Reactions: littledreamers333, BobbiSueEllen and ABdrew
At least you manage something - for me cloth or disposable makes no difference, either way impossible to get on myself and actually do any good.
And to not bother at all WILL be a big disaster!
PullUps I can manage myself - but for me that is almost the same as not bothering at all. (WILL leak all over the place.)

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
yup, I have mastered the wall technique with the disposable diapers and it works great! And last evening I managed to make that technique work with the cloth diapers although it is a little more difficult if you are using a booster... but I get a much snugger fit than when I lay down and diaper myself.

Funny thing is, when I was younger 10-27, I cloth diapered myself all the time, and I got the fit right. Sometimes it was in total secrecy locked away in a small closet or cubby and I still pulled it off. Once I even diapered myself in a small storage area on the bridge of my fathers yacht, while my parents were partying right below me. I thought for certain that they would her me rumbling around up there trying to get the fit just right in what amounted to a small cupboard.

I still cant wait for mamm2moosey to come home though... she makes that cloth diaper feel like it is giving me an all night hug! 4 more days!

Last edited:
Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
Well, I never had to worry about being "caught" by parents (or anyone else), who do you think bought them when I was a kid (ALL through childhood - ic 24/7 life long [nerve damage] NEVER out of diapers).
And I have LOTS of issues besides ic (most of that always there as well) - my biggest issue in regard to changing my own diaper has always been issues with my hands - they just plain don't really work right. For most things, it's not that big of a problem - but there are a few things you can basically forget about. Changing my own diaper is one of them - always was...

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
littlemoosey said:
Aside from the fact that it is awfully lonely here without her, and that no matter how hard I try... I just can not get a cloth diaper on myself as snug as momma2moosey can! So, I have pulled out my emergency stash of ABU disposables. I have some Super Dry Kids/Simple Ultras and some Pre School plastic.

I never thought that I would use em. However after reading a few threads on how to get them on just right, I have found the fit to be good and comfy. And yup they sure can handle several wettings. I have been near 24/7 since she has left and plan on staying that way as much as possible until she returns.

Its funny, momma2moosey has had me diapered for bed almost every night for going on 4 years. Last night because I could not get the cloth tension just right, I went to bed naked. I tossed and turned for at least 3 hours. Finally, I got up grabbed a cloth diaper and some plastic pants and diapered myself... not nearly as snugly as M2M can get em but the best I could... you know the rest of the story. I was out for the count. The only thing I was missing was M2M.

So I still love my cloth/plastic and pins but I am a bit more sold on using disposables when I have to.
Hope your ok, its not easy when babies are on their own.

Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
I know! I really miss her... but learning to diaper myself much better.

Reactions: ABdrew, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
Hey LittleMoosey. The method I use to get cloth snug is to lay on my back, bull it all up into place, pin the left side, snug up the right and pin it. The unpin the left, pull it snug again and pin it again. Usually gets a snug fit.

Reactions: Lyric and littlemoosey
Sounds like what I do when I change myself but I use two pins on each side, one to tighten around my waist and the other to tighten around my legs. Then pull up my rubber pants.

Lyric said:
I use two pins on each side, one to tighten around my waist and the other to tighten around my legs. Then pull up my rubber pants.
Same method my mommy uses (but easier on her if I lie down - regardless of cloth or disposable - she had a rough time at first, but do recall a nurse showing her that, and from then on...), and I got PUL pants (those I can manage myself.)

Back