Size 18 girls' clothes at Kmart Australia

TrickCyclist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I noticed recently that some Kmart girls' clothes are available in size 18, age that is not dress size, rather than just 16. I wonder if this is a recent thing or if they've done it for a while? I managed to pick up a number of items, many of which were reduced on clearance. I'm not sure if it will continue as I picked up some swimwear from last season but the new season's range only goes up to 16. Let's hope we have not seen the last of this.

Reactions: Angelapinks, DylanLewis and Happy2BeInNappies2
Kmart in the USA is gone - I did find that in its best former years to find extra (plus) junior sizing 15 & 17
as well as misses in 16 - after that you are into women's sizing 18 20.
A big difference in the fit was how the waist was fastened be it elastic zipper or button closure and that
waist fitting be more in the norm of actual waist not low (hip) or high (navel).
Clothing changes with the fashion - found a lot of clothing over time and sadly my frame has changed
with time resulting in the charity outlets now sporting the ole time stuff.
Some of the Kmart brands - Route 66 - Republic come to mind.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Girl's clothing maker, Monday's Child sizing goes up to size 20.

Oh hey, someone else noticed!!

Yes, Kmart seem to have recently redefined their Children’s Clothing - they now have a “Kids 8-18” rather than “Boys 8-16” and “Girls 8-16” range in their Anko brand. This appears to be a permanent change, as it’s persisted across 3 seasons so far.

This is only on some products - not all. I imagine it has something to do with their litany of different manufacturers in India/Bangladesh/etc.

You can filter the Kmart website for Boys clothing that comes in Size 18 (at the time of writing, 22 products) and Girls clothing in Size 18 (24 products).

I love it - I fit quite nicely into most of the Size 18 clothes, and some of the Boys clothes are so much nicer than the Mens range. More vibrant colours, cuter styles that aren’t so drab and boring. Some of the Girls size 18 stuff is nicely androgynous too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and Happy2BeInNappies2
Shaunikins321 said:
This appears to be a permanent change, as it’s persisted across 3 seasons so far.
Hi Shaunikins321, thank you for your reply. I wish I could share your optimism about the change being permanent. Up until about last weekend there were, I think, about 65 items in girls' size 18 including some super pretty dresses, skirts and playsuits. Many were on clearance and had sold out and now they're no longer listed. The new season items don't appear to go up to 18. Let's hope I'm wrong and that more items become available.

On a more positive note, I did manage to pick up some dresses, tops and a skirt.

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks and Happy2BeInNappies2
To my fellow Australians: thank you @TrickCyclist for the information and @Shaunikins321 for the Kmart links.

But, alas for me, (based on past experiences), by the time I get to visit a Target or Kmart store, the larger sized girls' clothing will be apparel history.
Oh well, it's not like I need any more things to wear, but it is always more fun buying in person, compared to purchasing online.

My attitude on change is: 'Change is the only constant.' OR 'Nothing is permanent in a temporary universe.'
Hope you all have some, shopping fun.

Reactions: TrickCyclist
In the US I see junior sizes going up to 16. I have never seen a junior’s 18.

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks and TrickCyclist
TrickCyclist said:
I noticed recently that some Kmart girls' clothes are available in size 18, age that is not dress size, rather than just 16. I wonder if this is a recent thing or if they've done it for a while? I managed to pick up a number of items, many of which were reduced on clearance. I'm not sure if it will continue as I picked up some swimwear from last season but the new season's range only goes up to 16. Let's hope we have not seen the last of this.
TrickCyclist

From what I have seen over several years Kmart often has two size ranges for different styles/garments in women's clothes - one goes up to size 16, the other goes up to size 20. There's a lot of nice stuff, especially tops and sleepwear, that go up to size 20. Unfortunately some nice stuff only goes up to 16.

Best and Less also has some nice things from time to time, in the same (modest) price range - again often in two size ranges, up to size 16, and up to size 26.

Regards. Dylan.

Last edited:
DylanLewis said:
Kmart often has two size ranges for different styles/garments in women's clothes - one goes up to size 16, the other goes up to size 20
Hey Dylan, I think TrickCyclist is referring to Kmart’s Kids (Girls) sizes, rather than Adults (Womens) sizes.

Kayleigh said:
Interesting. I’ve found Target.com showing sizes 18 and 20 in their Childrens range.

As an Aussie, getting results from Target.com when Googling is very annoying and on more than one occasion has got my hopes up - only to be sorely disappointed when I realise it’s not Target.com.au 😔

• Sad
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
Kayleigh said:
At one time you could buy size 16/18 in J.C.Penny stores in Buffalo N.Y. and we would shop in this area quite often from Canada. I bought some cute panties and junior bras there in the past. I have not been across the border for about four years now so I am not sure if these sizes even exist now. I guess I could Goggle it.

DylanLewis said:
Best and Less also has some nice things from time to time, in the same (modest) price range - again often in two size ranges, up to size 16, and up to size 26
Hi Dylan, thank you for your reply. Yes, as Shaunikins321 pointed out, it was the girls' sizes I was referring to. I sometimes pop into Best and Less. They do a nice range of knickers.

Reactions: DylanLewis and Angelapinks
Angelapinks said:
At one time you could buy size 16/18 in J.C.Penny stores in Buffalo N.Y.
A quick look online shows that J.C. Penny do quite a range of plus size girls clothes, including some traditional style panties. Awesome.

• Love
Back