Side sleeping in diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloth diapers are best for side sleepers like me. I started using them over 20 yeas ago and still swear by them.

The ABU Simple is the first disposable diaper I have found that works for me, but I do cover with plastic pants to prevent leaks.

Cloth diapers will have side absorbency.

alwayz said:
I wear a diaper 24/7, I usually sleep on my back and frequently wet the bed, sleeping on my side leaks too. I think that my diaper sticks out of the plastic pants and when I wet, it saturates my bed. I am going to try tucking my diaper inside the plastic pants to keep the diaper from wicking outside.

That's why I opt for 'high backed' plastic / vinyl pants or ample fitting rubber bloomers for night wear. Yes, the plastic should cover all of the diaper to keep it from wicking moisture out.

FURRYWOLFZ said:
Does anyone have any tips for sleeping on your side in diapers.

Have you tried cloth diapers? I wear cloth to bed and don't worry about wetting in any position. Just make sure the cloth diaper is large enough to cover your hips well and make sure the diaper is completely tucked in side of your plastic pants. If any cloth is sticking out, it will wick the wetness from your diaper to your sheets.

-make sure to use a high quality diaper such as confidry or northshore.

-try sleeping on your side, but with your hips rotated forward (with your legs apart). This will help any urine to come in contact with the padding before it flows past and to the side where it will leak from.

-use a baby diaper and cup it over your member. This will allow the baby diaper to catch any bigger flows and redirect it towards the center of your adult diaper. It will also increase the amount of padding and capacity where its needed most.

-use a washable bed pad. You'll still leak at least once or twice a month. The bed pad will save your mattress and the amount of laundry to do.

Put some training pants on over your diaper at night and plastic pants over that, even if the training pants have a waterproof cover. The training pants will absorb any leakage unless it's really alot. It does add bulk of course, but you soon get used to if you do it every night. I leak from the side and over the top sometimes if I've been erect but rarely leak onto my bed because of using training 'overpants'. You could wear the longer plastic 'bloomer' type pants which provide greater security. I've used these when my DL streak kicks in and find them very comfortable to wear. And waterproof your bed just to be sure! Nobody wants a wet mattress. I use a PVC bedsheet and top sheet and it's much less sweaty than you might think. Again, it will feel strange at first but if you persist you'll just get used to it.

mrogers said:
Put some training pants on over your diaper at night and plastic pants over that, even if the training pants have a waterproof cover. The training pants will absorb any leakage unless it's really alot. It does add bulk of course, but you soon get used to if you do it every night. I leak from the side and over the top sometimes if I've been erect but rarely leak onto my bed because of using training 'overpants'. You could wear the longer plastic 'bloomer' type pants which provide greater security. I've used these when my DL streak kicks in and find them very comfortable to wear. And waterproof your bed just to be sure! Nobody wants a wet mattress. I use a PVC bedsheet and top sheet and it's much less sweaty than you might think. Again, it will feel strange at first but if you persist you'll just get used to it.

Thanks for the input I'll keep all this in mind moving forward and see how it goes

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
-make sure to use a high quality diaper such as confidry or northshore.

-try sleeping on your side, but with your hips rotated forward (with your legs apart). This will help any urine to come in contact with the padding before it flows past and to the side where it will leak from.

-use a baby diaper and cup it over your member. This will allow the baby diaper to catch any bigger flows and redirect it towards the center of your adult diaper. It will also increase the amount of padding and capacity where its needed most.

-use a washable bed pad. You'll still leak at least once or twice a month. The bed pad will save your mattress and the amount of laundry to do.

That sounds like a good idea but do you think a booster would work instead of a baby diaper

FURRYWOLFZ said:
Does anyone have any tips for sleeping on your side in diapers.
You can also buy disposable/reusable bed pads just to be safe

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This is incredibly informative! I primarily sleep on my left side, but I tend to move around a lot at night. This is something to make note of when I get my first batch :D

A bed pad sounds like a great idea as well, just in case.

Side sleeping is always a challenge. I wear thick, tightly pinned cloth diapers with high waisted plastic pants. The diapers can hold my 2+ wettings at night but I still will have marginal wet spots when I sleep on my sides. Not always but once or twice a week. My plastic mattress cover protects and it's never more that a 12" wet spot but it's still annoying

I have always slept on my side. I was a diapered bedwetter through my early teens and my mom always had me in cloth diapers. Still use them (over a dry 24/7 disposable as a diaper "liner" to keep poop of my cloth pull-up and make clean up easier) with plastic pants and never have leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back