• Poll closed .

CherryMiku

trans rights y'all
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
When I first signed up, which wasn't too long ago, I noticed that bigender was an "orientation," but transgender wasn't. I feel like it should be though, and it's not that hard of a thing to implement.

Reactions: chrischrischris and DaddysWittlePrincess48
1) Bi-gender is a sub category under transgender already, just like transexual (ftm & mtf), agender, gender fluid, two-spirited, non binary, ect. are also under transgender. So "bigender was an "orientation," but transgender wasn't" doesn't really make sense.

2) Being transgender is not an orientation and is a completely different thing from a sexual orientation. One is describing who they feel they are, the other describes what they are attacted to.

Also adding. I'm not sure where you saw this but in your account settings you can chose your orientation on the fly and there's no option for bi-gender there. There's bi (bisexual) and asexual (someone who really isn't interested in sex). So those make sense for being there. Currently under your sex there's only male for female, so it wouldn't hurt to add more trans friendly options if people are comfortable sharing that information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kymi and BabyHailey1977
And ignore my "no" vote. I mis clicked and meant to click yes, but I can't change my answer I guess.

Ok
PinkAndLittle said:
1) Bi-gender is a sub category under transgender already, just like transexual (ftm & mtf), agender, gender fluid, two-spirited, non binary, ect. are also under transgender. So "bigender was an "orientation," but transgender wasn't" doesn't really make sense.

2) Being transgender is not an orientation and is a completely different thing from a sexual orientation. One is describing who they feel they are, the other describes what they are attacted to.

Also adding. I'm not sure where you saw this but in your account settings you can chose your orientation on the fly and there's no option for bi-gender there. There's bi (bisexual) and asexual (someone who really isn't interested in sex). So those make sense for being there. Currently under your sex there's only male for female, so it wouldn't hurt to add more trans friendly options if people are comfortable sharing that information.
Then just say it was an identifier :)

PinkAndLittle said:
And ignore my "no" vote. I mis clicked and meant to click yes, but I can't change my answer I guess.
That's fine, and it's because I set it to one answer only and you can't change it.

Orientation

• Straight
  • Gay
  • Lesbian
  • Bi
  • Asexual
  • Other
  • Unsure

these are orientations, "bigender" is not an orientation, "bi" refers to liking the same sex and opposite, and it is short for "bisexual" If anything should be added here its pansexual as it means being able to have a relationship with any one that identifies them self outside the typical binary. Lastly please don't promote transgender as being an orientation, its a bit offensive.
orientation is what you express to what you are attracted to, and it is independent of gender identity. Where you simply confusing "orientation" with gender identity?

Last edited:
Reactions: KittyMerriweather
PinkAndLittle said:

Totally Agree!

Let me just say, I didn't know what an orientation meant exactly, so y'all being so technical on that is unneeded. Thanks for the comment though, I appreciate it.

All that aside, I think a fourth option under gender might be appropriate; something to the effect of none/all of the above. Leave private, but for those that are openly nonbinary, the option to more accurate self-identify should be available

TheMatrixIsComing said:
Let me just say, I didn't know what an orientation meant exactly, so y'all being so technical on that is unneeded. Thanks for the comment though, I appreciate it.
unneeded? what do you mean? I was trying to answer a question you had. Esp with you tagging the mods, i thought I would give you more information on the matter.
Traemo said:
All that aside, I think a fourth option under gender might be appropriate; something to the effect of none/all of the above. Leave private, but for those that are openly nonbinary, the option to more accurate self-identify should be available
I actually agree, kind of odd that only has the binary options. I do really think pansexual should be added for Orientation though.

Last edited:
been different all my life all ways been taken advantage of all ways wanted to be with girls doing girl stuff

Hmm I don't think gender is something that shouldn't appear in official forms or be of any consequence. It was important to me years ago when I was 'transitioning ' but now I recognise that there wasn't any transition. I just started acting, dressing and getting hormone treatment but I didn't become a woman. I was that already - so what would I transition from? And add to that I would NEVER use transgender or transsexual as an identifier. I fill such lists with Female and Woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: astraea and chrischrischris
chrischrischris said:
been different all my life all ways been taken advantage of all ways wanted to be with girls doing girl stuff
Yes it's hard if you care about a position in society or see wanting to be with the girls as transgressive in some way.

Reactions: chrischrischris
Adair37 said:
Hmm I don't think gender is something that shouldn't appear in official forms or be of any consequence. It was important to me years ago when I was 'transitioning ' but now I recognise that there wasn't any transition. I just started acting, dressing and getting hormone treatment but I didn't become a woman. I was that already - so what would I transition from?

I agree with this! I always hate especially when 'transgender' or even 'transwoman' are options under 'gender' because it makes me feel like I'm not allowed to choose "female" even though I am? But instead I have to let everyone know that I'm a special subcategory of woman? Why don't cis people have to choose "cisgender woman" etc?

Anyway my two cents if they're worth anything is that adding a gender marker seems detrimental to any kind of trans- friendly website, and personally I don't really give much of a hoot and as long as I know someone's someone's pronouns etc so I don't misgender them then the rest of their gender identity is Not Really My Business unless they want to choose to talk to me about it

Traemo said:
Absolutely. I have bad feelings about people who identify as transgender . Often they don't transcend much at all and you can't transcend gender in any meaningful way. In my work and private life I am female. That was what the battle was about in my earlier life.

Hetero cis-male here, but I support you people. Definitely should be an identifier for ADISC community. (y)🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈 Note that I usually use the term “guys”, not “people” for any group of people, but decided against it in this post.

Couldn’t it just be how you identify which is covered by m/f and perhaps other?

Kayleigh said:
Couldn’t it just be how you identify which is covered by m/f and perhaps other?
Absolutely Yes!

The idea isn't to compel adherence to any sort of standard but to instead provide a slightly broader set of options for self-identifying. I know at least a few people that don't adhere to the binary, but at the moment there isn't a way for them to actually indicate that. For practical reasons, I think the private option needs to remain for those who aren't comfortable disclosing that sort of information regardless of their reasons.
What I don't know is how hard it would be to add an option like that to the code.

Back