Shipping Damage on boxes of Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For those that get Diapers delivered (either to a place to be held or to your home) how often does a package of yours (or the box it gets shipped in) get Damaged?

Is the damage usually bad enough for people to see what's in them?

What do you think when it happens?

I just got a delivery and I saw the delivery man walk up with the box and I noticed the box had a hold torn into the side, showing the bottom of a few Diapers and the Green Dragon Character (it's a half case of PeekABU)

The bags of Diapers themselves are fine, it just feels awkward knowing the delivery man probably saw the damage, saw they were Diapers, and saw the Green Dragon Peeking out (Kinda ironic because its "Peek"ABUs) of the hole

Although I know Ultimately it's just a job to the Delivery man, I'm sure he doesnt care (drives to places, drops boxes off and moves) and they have probably seen worse

Reactions: Sheepies
I've never had damage to my diaper packages to the point someone could see inside, but knowing how roughly packages are handled in shipping, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I'd like to think unless the package is torn enough to say "DIAPERS" most people wouldn't even know what they're looking at or even that designed adult diapers exist. Even if they're looking at the PeekABU dragon character.

Looking at it from that perspective, if I didn't know any better, I would think it was a bulk package of table covers or party decorations just having seen the dragon

As long as they're not damaged, I'm not bothered at all.

Last edited:
Had it happen once but contents were unharmed. When carrying the box home i just covered up the hole so nobody saw.

Amazon boxes often get damaged by postal services however, it just depends how well they're taped up (reinforced) and stuffed with things to prevent denting the box

Sheepies said:
I've never had damage to my diaper packages to the point someone could see inside, but knowing how roughly packages are handled in shipping, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I'd like to think unless the package is torn enough to say "DIAPERS" most people wouldn't even know what they're looking at or even that designed adult diapers exist. Even if they're looking at the PeekABU dragon character.

Looking at it from that perspective, if I didn't know any better, I would think it was a bulk package of table covers or party decorations just having seen the dragon

Well the bottom of a few diapers were clearly visible (the part where the U is at with the Fold being visible twice, which indicates Adult Diaper), so I could definitely see the guy realizing it was Diapers as I dont think any Table Covers are that thick or come in that kind of packaging

As for Party Decorations, I dont know what kind of decorations would look like that either

It's not so much that I am concerned, you just have to wonder what they thought in that moment; before they got in the truck and drove off to their next place to deliver stuff to

Last edited:
BabyTyrant said:
Well the bottom of a few diapers were clearly visible (the part where the U is at with the Fold being visible twice, which indicates Adult Diaper), so I could definitely see the guy realizing it was Diapers as I dont think any Table Covers are that thick or come in that kind of packaging

As for Party Decorations, I dont know what kind of decorations would look like that either

It's not so much that I am concerned, you just have to wonder what they thought in that moment; before they got in the truck and drove off to their next place to deliver stuff to
Well....not diaper related but the worst i had was they delivered an LCD monitor to the factory for repairs (,power button didn't work) and it arrived there in 2 halves, Samsung didn't cover damage caused by the courier... Last time i bought something from them

The courier was one appointed by them so it wasn't me choosing a bad courier service

Last edited:
Never had this happen to me however this is another reason I get packaged dropped off at pickup points instead of my place. Sure someone may see part of them but not someone I know

Last edited:
Just keep in mind that you know the full details of what was in the box, so that bit showing might seem like an awkward exposure. To your vanilla mail carrier, it could have been anything. I can think of a dozen things that might look like the edge of a diaper peeking out of a box. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest.

People will think it was for a child unless they are into diapers.

They probably see diaper shipments more often then you think as boxs get damaged all the time due to the weight and how drivers handle packages. I pickup my diapers at our local post office and I am sure they all know (small postoffice) as a few times the box‘s were damaged and you could see the packaging. Nothing has ever been said about the contents they just know what shipment is mine with out asking 🙂

Last edited:
I've only had 2 diaper shipping mishaps, 1st one was the case of abu sdk's that were shipped to the wrong house and the owner opened the package reveling what was inside. Second was another case of dry 24/7'sdont know if the box was partially submerged in water or only a pack, then out into the box, either way I had a case with a pack that was unopened but with wet diapers in the pack, like it was exposed to flooding or something, not a big deal, threw out 5 diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back