Scared about Dr appointment

jasonm03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Well the day has finally come tomorrow I drive the two hrs to the Philadelphia VA hospital for my results from oncology, the way the dr was talking on Monday asking about if I’m making the appointment on Thursday I’m like yes. I then ask her what she meant about her question she’s says I have to give you the diagnosis in person, so yes I’m scared she basically said it’s cancer without saying it, so my mind is spinning and I’ve been sick to my stomach all day. Yesterday went to Lebanon VA and got COVID tested my drs nurse called today and told me what I already knew that it’s negative and that I’m cleared for tomorrow, this is one appointment I’m not looking forward to. So here goes nothing

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: NooNoo, BigBlueBear, BabyHailey1977 and 2 others
Sorry to hear about that. Keep us posted. We are all here if you need us.

Reactions: jasonm03 and BobbiSueEllen
Hoping for the best! 🤗

Reactions: jasonm03
There's all kinds of cancer so I hope your's is minor.

I had a car accident in January and when I went to the ER the dr there found a lump the right side of my neck and decided to send me ENT who ordered at CT scan my neck and decided to send me to the Philadelphia VA who did a biopsy if it on the third of March with a follow up on April due to COVID-19 that appointment got canceled and the next available appointment was June 25th so that’s where I’m at ready but no ready for the news

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Midwest82
Sorry to hear about this. But please try to stay positive. My doctor did the same thing to tell me that I didn’t have a tumor in my stomach. Good luck, and you have a huge support system here.

Reactions: jasonm03, BobbiSueEllen, BigBlueBear and 1 other person
Goodluck for your appointment thinking of you in this hard time.

The news was what I expected it to be by how the dr was talking it’s a slow growing malignant lymphoma they’re ordering an mri to see exactly what it is so when I have surgery they have a good idea how to remove it. The head oncologist came in and said they want to remove it as soon as the mri is done hopefully with in 4-6 weeks

• Sad
Reactions: NooNoo, DLinSecret, Midwest82 and 2 others
Wow, good luck. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

I got my fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
Good luck.

Good luck and I hope they don’t give you any bad news **hugs** to you

I'm so very glad it's the slow growing kind.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and jasonm03
Good luck, Jason. Glad they found it when they did. Hopefully you will be in top-notch shape when they get done.

I wish the best for you. Glad it is slow growing and they feel like they will be able to remove it.

I would like to thank everyone for your kind reply’s.

• Love
Reactions: DLinSecret, Midwest82, dogboy and 2 others
Sorry to hear that. Keep us updated with your progress. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

The VA called back today I’m going to have an MRI on the 13th it’s 11/2 hrs long they scheduled another one incase they need to. The VA is so backed up this was the soonest I could get in even though oncology put urgent in the request. I called oncology to see if they could light a fire under their rear to see if I could get in any sooner. I tried to tell my daughter who’s on the spectrum about the cancer and couldn’t tell her I chickened out because I don’t know what to say. When she found out I was incontinent she nearly had a nervous breakdown. Even though it was two years ago I’m afraid she won’t be able to handle it. I’m going home on Sunday to tell family members that I couldn’t get ahold of so I’m going to tell them in person. Just don’t know what I’m going to say yet at the family cookout they’re will be around 80 family members There ( my mom was 1 or 13 and my dad was 1 of 8) and 6 still alive on my moms side and 5 still alive on my dads side

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Midwest82 and BobbiSueEllen
If you don't like what the VA says, get a second opinion. Looking at where you live, Cleveland Clinic has an excellent reputation. I used to live in Ohio but even here in Virginia, I have church friends who have gone to Cleveland Clinic.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
Good luck keep us posted.

Back