Rules Update (May)

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Our rules have been updated.

If you haven't read them recently, please take the time to re-read them.

Here are the significant changes:
  1. Rule 7 (no personal ads) has had additional language added to clarify how this rule is interpreted for posts in the buddy bench subforum. This is still a work in progress and it may be revised further in future.
  2. Rule 8 (use readable English) has been updated to clarify that it DOES apply to direct conversation messages.
  3. Rule 10 (image rules) has been updated to make a limited exception allowing pictures of diaper/pullup packs to be uploaded, even if they have (for example) a picture of a baby on them. DON'T create a thread just to post images of 80s/90s baby diaper packs. We still want to keep the focus on adult diapers, and we very much discourage discussion of diapers/pullups/etc aimed at anyone other than adults. This new exception just means that if someone posts the occasional photo of a pack of baby diapers, say in answer to someone else's question, it it won't be treated as rule violation.
  4. Rule 12 (warning/moderation disputes) has been updated to make it clear any disputing of a warning or other moderator action must take place in either the requests forum, or a private conversation with me. Someone who gets a warning, then proceeds to publicly gripe about it, will likely get suspended for this, as they're not handling the situation in a mature or constructive way.
  5. Rule 13 (don't dox yourself) has been re-worded to make it clear, to explain the reason the rule exists, and to cover a few cases (like posting someone else's information) the previous wording did not explicitly cover.
  6. Rule 16 (Moo's judgement) has been re-worded to make it clear that I reserve the right to make exceptions if I feel the situation warrants it. This is something only I can do - other staff members cannot invoke this rule to justify their actions. The point of this is to make sure that, if a moderator feels the rules don't adequately cover a situation, that the case is sent to me so I can handle it and potentially update the rules if needed.

If you have suggestions for anything that would improve the rules further, please send me a conversation message.

• Love
Reactions: DLScottsman, SAPexpanded, Sparky and 22 others
Back