Rocks

ChloeBlack

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Hello! Just a random off topic thing I was thinking about and was curious if anyone else is a rock hoarding dragon or goblin like me, and if so what are your favorite rocks/crystals? I've been trying to grow my collection yet I've had a hard time finding rocks and crystals that are interesting and pretty both at the same time, and was curious if any of you would be willing to chat about the shiny clicky clackies!

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and fleckothefennec
I don't actually have a rock collection (I've enough collections without adding another one!) But I do recall squealing with delight when I first encountered a pebble within a pebble. Detroitite is something which thrills me as well, but that's only sort of a rock.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
Anemone said:
I don't actually have a rock collection (I've enough collections without adding another one!) But I do recall squealing with delight when I first encountered a pebble within a pebble. Detroitite is something which thrills me as well, but that's only sort of a rock.
Ooo that's a rock I've yet to hear of, I'll definitely look into it!

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Anemone
I have quite a few crystals but my favourite is just a few simple rocks I've found by rivers in the mountains. They are super smooth and hold heat reasonably well pretty much like the ones they use for hot rock massage/relaxation. I have used them a few times and they are really relaxing. I kind of forgot about them as they just sit on the window sills these days. I should use them again when summer is over.
Magnetic hematite is pretty cool too.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
I am a gem cutter. I have a collection of rough and cut gemstones.

Here is a sample of my work.

20220606_212056.jpg

• Love
Reactions: todderhr, GatoChihuahua and dogboy
I have a large collection that is still at my dad's house. My favorites are obsidian and all forms of quartz

Do any of you like those gift store rock bins? Those are how I found out about labradorite

I carry a pink labradorite and a full set of Chakra stones in my purse. I carry blue tigers eye in a pocket somewhere about my daily person, and wear bracelets of all fluorite and lapis lazuli with amazonite. Magic or no, crystals are pretty and the snug fitting bracelets are more calming to wear than liquor is to drink.

I have *ahem* a friend with a slight obsession. 🤭. I have an app called Rock ID that identifies rocks and crystals with my phone's camera. It's very accurate!

GatoChihuahua said:
I carry a pink labradorite
OOOOooooo one of my fave stones is Labradorite not seen many pink ones though, most commonly blues and greens.

I'll try and get some decent photos of a few of my little rocks to share if I get a chance on the weekend, not bought anything new for a while now but have a fair collection.

Back