Remote Worker Experiences

Bunnyherder

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am thinking of leaving my current job and pursuing a remote worker position. There are obvious advantages, especially with incontinence issues. Has anybody worked remotely in the last few years, what are your thoughts and advice?

Reactions: Cottontail and Magicalgirl101
Currently working remotely - I am just so much more productive. I am also able to go to the washroom as often as needed, which cuts down on the cost of shields (urge incontinence). I don't mind spending on diapers for recreation, but I dislike having to fork over for the shields if I can avoid it.

Reactions: Magicalgirl101
The mental health of not having to commute and not exposing yourself to other people's competitiveness and aggression twice a day is the biggest benefit. For me its the single biggest advantage. One bad encounter on the way to work can set you up to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day and get you wound up before you even get to where you are going. Being remote just completely takes that weight and dread away

You'd have to give me a big enough pay increase to immediately have a 2500+ horsepower car with AWD launching with a big "F*** OFF" sign on it to get me to commute again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunnyherder, Magicalgirl101 and Deleted member 63979
I worked at home over the last year or so before retiring. For the most part I found it productive. Sometimes interruptions from family related events can get in the way. Sometimes you don't mind returning to the office however, for interpersonal contact. Overall, for me it was a plus.

Reactions: Bunnyherder and Deleted member 63979
Bunnyherder said:
I am thinking of leaving my current job and pursuing a remote worker position. There are obvious advantages, especially with incontinence issues. Has anybody worked remotely in the last few years, what are your thoughts and advice?
I'm a work-from-home engineer for a small electronics company. I was commuting to the office when COVID hit. The owner sent us all home, and later decided that he preferred us gone. :) I've been remote ever since.

There are obvious pros and some less-obvious cons. For me, being able to work in "little mode" is certainly a huge pro. Bottles and pacifiers must be placed out of sight when a Zoom or Skype call comes in, but otherwise they're fair game. The biggest con is not physically leaving work at the end of the day. That's required me to find ways of psychologically leaving, which is difficult because my home office is also my hobby workshop. I've therefore struggled a bit to avoid working after hours, and I've had to be careful when scheduling work to make sure I'm committing only to what I can achieve while still having a life. Three years in, I've mostly gotten the hang of it, but... It's tough!

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't discourage you from trying the remote thing. On the whole, for me, it's been a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunnyherder and Deleted member 63979
Currently working remotely (best job ive had) for a really good company in Healthcare. I highly recommend it

Reactions: PaddedRita and Bunnyherder
I worked in Silicon Valley as an electronics engineer for over 25 years before COVID hit. My biggest problem with working out of the office every day was the commute. Getting an affordable home for my family meant my commute in to work was 45+ minutes and home could be 90+minutes. The stress of that drive every day was hard on my health. When COVID hit, we all switched to WFH (work from home) and actually started getting more productive. My stress levels dropped like crazy, and I enjoyed it immensely.

I (semi-)retired in August of 2020, but soon started playing contractor for companies and worked from my office at home for that, with the occasional trip to the closest office. I joined (full time job) another company out of Florida last April and am on a hybrid setup; I work from home most of the time, but one week a month I head into the office (it's a six hour drive from where I live). When I head in, they reimburse me for mileage on my vehicle, my hotel room room where I stay, and my meals.

I'm really enjoying it, and I'm as productive if not more so since my commute is literally downstairs the bulk of the time. The job treats me well, so it's a winning situation for me.

Reactions: Bunnyherder
I'm anti social so working from home is a god send.

Previously mentioned not having to deal with random strangers and the aggression and competitiveness and constant looming risk of property damage from commuting twice a day.

Also don't miss the so called "face time". I have zero interest in being in an office being forced to listen to other people in the background gossip, talk about others behind their back, and brag about their accomplishments or what expensive impressive thing they just bought or any of that BS. Perfectly content just being here in my private quiet world focusing strictly on relevant work details and not being constantly exposed to all that petty nonsense and extracurricular social pressure.

It really is infinitely better on mental well being and fatigue not being being exposed to that negative garbage day in day out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunnyherder
Been working remotely since COVID started ! I really like it a lot !!
Do miss the face to face commuting with my co-working .

Back