Reliving your childhood or redoing your childhood

BabyDavidMessiah

Make diapering great again 👍
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Are you more into toys and TV that was out during your first babyhood or the ones that are out now.
Personally I like the modern stuff. As a matter of fact, jealousy of my nephew's and niece's toys was actually what started the whole thing for me. I love toys that light up and make noise. I love the modern cartoons.

I enjoy the things of the past very much. I’ve spent my time, up to this point, trying to hold on to my old toys, and toys I knew from my baby/childhood. Also, I enjoy cloth diapers, plastic pants, and vintage baby items a great deal. TV too, I love the old cartoons. Even the really bad stuff, of the 60’s. How can you not like, Sid & Marty krofft from the 70’s? Lol. Even if you didn’t do drugs, you know what it was to have, through Sid & Marty 😆 “ Lidsville” ? Case closed! Lol
I don’t dislike newer, or modern stuff, I’m just geared to vintage more.

Reactions: BabyDavidMessiah
Actually I was born in 76. I only know I played with weebles because I have an older sister who has a better memory of the time frame. I guess the real reason my babyhood isn't surrounded by it is because my adult fascination is with 60s and 70s media😂😂😂 .

Both!

Both as well. I love my old Transformers and Legos, but i enjoy modern video games and action figures.

I've been watching PBS Kids in the morning because the news is too gruesome.

dogboy said:
I've been watching PBS Kids in the morning because the news is too gruesome.
News always send to portray the worst of society.

I can sit through TV shows like Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol and not really get bored. Some of the new stuff isn't that bad.

Reactions: dogboy
CookieMonstah said:
I can sit through TV shows like Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol and not really get bored. Some of the new stuff isn't that bad.
I watch paw patrol all the time. 😂😂

Definitely redoing; different mom. In fact, I’d like to redo it with my current caretaker “mom”.

I do like the time I grew up in, though. Born in ‘83 was good timing overall. Still had good Saturday morning cartoons.

Maybe could have done ‘86 or ‘87; then mom could have tried to train me in Pull-Ups... only to then switch me back to padding, having figured I wasn’t ready to grow up after the tenth accident in two days.;)

Last edited:
I am partial to the baby shows that I watched as a baby/toddler/child. I have fond memories of these.

I want to thank all you guys for your answers. I'm liking all of them.

Well who wouldn't change things...
But to be honest, my life wasn't bad, and i think i
only came to this point were i am now, because of everything that has happened.
And also im a Fan of the Dark Souls mentality that says:
"What has been done is done"

That's what I wanted to find out really. Is there people out there that wouldn't change a thing? My childhood was pretty average too. I just happen to like the stuff and media of today better than I liked the stuff when I was little.

Definitely things from when I was originally a kid in the 80s. My husband and I have spent a lot of time and effort recollecting television, movies, music and toys from when we were kids. We have even branched out into small appliances. Whenever something breaks we try to replace it with it's 80's counterpart. So far we have a new old stock coffee pot and toaster and a used 70's blender.
Right now I am actually watching Squiddly Diddly with my pound puppy on my lap. Since we are self-isolating and I have the whole week off until they are able to set us up for work at home, I am spending the week as a little 24/7. As of 1 hr and 30 minutes from now I am not even going to use the computer for the next week. Time to dissappear into the 80's for a whole week and I can't wait!

Reactions: BabyDavidMessiah and MammaBunny
Haha...where did you find Squiddly Diddly? Is it on Youtube?

I had a great Childhood I would like to wear when I was younger it would ben cool to wear

About the only thing I would change is I have had a lot of things that that causes me a lot of pain.
when I was five I had to go in the hospital and put in a spika cast. For those of you that don't know what that is it goes from the rib cage to your knees with a wooden dowel between the bottom of the legs to keep your legs spread eagle. I was in it for almost a year. In the service I was hit with shrapnel from a b40 rpg that damaged my spine and it has been a lifetime of pain from it. Other that I wouldn't change a thing.

It's kind of both for me really. I like a lot of the things that were around when I was biologically a kid (Lamb Chop's Play-Along, all the Nicktoons, and some of the toys that were around in the same early 1990s time period) but at the same time I want to redo my whole childhood as well, make it mine, and make it the happiest it can possibly be. Also, unlike my first childhood....this one never has to end.

dogboy said:
Haha...where did you find Squiddly Diddly? Is it on Youtube?
I got a DVD set from Best Buy like 6 years ago and we converted them so I can watch them on a digital player. :)

Reactions: dogboy
Back