Reference Sheets! (Finally got one!)

IvyDemi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I started a ref sheet back in 2022, but never got it completed, but I recently got back into drawing babyfur stuff and so I wanted a ref for my character. Ended up just making an entirely new ref from scratch, since I've improved in the almost year and a half it's been.

So here it is!
Ref-2.png
(Watermarked for obv reasons) Feel there's still some room for improvement, but I'm pretty happy with it, and it's more than enough for a palette and marking reference for drawing.

By the way, I was looking around on ADISC and haven't really seen any of y'all refs or characters really. I know this isn't really an art gallery site, but I think it would be really cool to see y'all's characters, so send them if you can; I'd love to see them.

Reactions: CutestPaddedFemboy, mistykitty, Dragon64 and 2 others
Awww very great looking pup.
Nice enough to do commissions on FA that you for sharing this nice reference piece hugs

Aww, nice work there. Very cute! I love the layout too, and the bonus plushie reference. :)

IvyDemi said:
I was looking around on ADISC and haven't really seen any of y'all refs or characters really. I know this isn't really an art gallery site, but I think it would be really cool to see y'all's characters, so send them if you can; I'd love to see them.
My ref sheet is here. I used to draw a lot when I was a kid, but it was all very mechanical stuff—spaceships and the like. Perhaps at some point I’ll muster the courage to try making some furry art of my own. As of now, my Cottontail art is all commissions and gifts.

Cottontail said:
Aww, nice work there. Very cute! I love the layout too, and the bonus plushie reference. :)

My ref sheet is here. I used to draw a lot when I was a kid, but it was all very mechanical stuff—spaceships and the like. Perhaps at some point I’ll muster the courage to try making some furry art of my own. As of now, my Cottontail art is all commissions and gifts.
I love space stuff also used to draw space bases and space ships.
On butcher paper in elementary school finally we are going to mars

Reactions: Cottontail
Unfortunately I don't have any refs or art of either of my sonas

Dragon64 said:
Unfortunately I don't have any refs or art of either of my sonas
I don't know if you're a baby fur but there are lots of artists that can help you out there. Marcie Adams is a very well known baby fur artist.
Among others.
Lots on furaffinity just goggle it.
That way you can choose the style you like. This is one done 2010

Attachments

• IMG_20231124_123141~4.jpg
    IMG_20231124_123141~4.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Cottontail said:
My ref sheet is here.
Very cute character, and was really cool to hear the backstory of making them and design choices! Imma need to write some info on Ivy eventually, but it's hard to get thoughts into a coherent piece XD.

Cottontail said:
I used to draw a lot when I was a kid, but it was all very mechanical stuff—spaceships and the like. Perhaps at some point I’ll muster the courage to try making some furry art of my own.
I'd honestly really recommend trying it out again if you want to. I myself took art classes in elem/middle school, but that was about the extent of me drawing when I was younger. After joining the fandom and having a goal to work towards though (drawing my characters), I started drawing for fun, and, well, it's been great. Been doing it a bit around 3 years now.

Out of anything, I'll just say remember its never too late to learn it if you want to. At first, it might look like a three year old drew it (not exactly far from the truth lol), but over time as you practice and take inspiration from the art around you, you'll notice improvement and its a great feeling to have when you see that and are proud of it.

Btw though, I know lots of people that just aren't interested in making art, and that's okay as well, so if you don't want to do it, it's perfectly okay. If you do truly want to try making art though, then consider this as encouragement that perhaps that desire is worth pursuing if it's something you truly want to do.

IvyDemi said:
I'd honestly really recommend trying it out again if you want to. I myself took art classes in elem/middle school, but that was about the extent of me drawing when I was younger. After joining the fandom and having a goal to work towards though (drawing my characters), I started drawing for fun, and, well, it's been great. Been doing it a bit around 3 years now.
I can imagine having a lot of fun with it. It makes me wish I had a worthy iPad or tablet so that I could play with some of those apps. I do CAD for a living (electrical and mechanical), so in a sense I've continued drawing, and it might even have some artistic qualities to it, but I'm not sure it's made me any more ready to do character art, ha ha! But I do kind of want to try. We'll see.

Last edited:
looks really cool!

Reactions: IvyDemi
Looks nice!

Reactions: IvyDemi
Back