Recommendations for lesser brands on medical site

PurplePup89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I'm fully stocked on AB/DL diapers, but since they're expensive, I use them sparingly for special events/meet-ups or when I can dedicate a whole day to agere. Between that, I often rely on cheaper cloth-backed store brands when I just want to wear "a diaper" for a short time and use them in a "one-and-done" experience.

I'm almost out of my CVS brand and I need to replenish my pull-ups anyway, so I was thinking about trying something else. I'll likely order from Carewell since their prices are pretty good; I've heard good things about Seni Super Quatro so I'll likely try those, but they also carry Tena, Prevail, Attends, Cardinal, McKesson and Tranquility's Select.

And yes, I know those aren't "good" brands, but I can't really use Megamax and ABU every day, so if anyone has recommendations for a decent and comfortable variety of those basic medical brands I can use for a one-time potty break or discreet wear, I'd be interested.

Abena m3 try it out, you'll thank me later.

After looking through the carewell site, not much caught my eye as being something I would actually use, besides Abena and Seni. Both are good choices for short term wear, though I was never impressed with abena's cloth backed due to press out issues. My current light diaper is actually plastic backed depends, as they seem to be doing well for a couple hours at a time for me.

shrimper said:
Abena m3 try it out, you'll thank me later.
Oh, I'm familiar with Abena M3, they were the first "real" diaper I ever bought and I still have a few on hand (I also like their pull-ups), but I'm mostly just looking for cheaper, cloth-backed stuff. As I said, when I don't have time to use a top-tier diaper for several hours, I just go in a cheapie and change out of it within 10 or so minutes simply to get the urge out of my system. Abena I can wear for a little bit longer and typically make the most out of it.

It's weird, but I've always had an affinity for all-white cloth-backed "institutional" medical diapers. They give me an odd feeling of comforting vulnerability distinct from the regressive feelings I get from AB/DL-quality diapers. I guess I'm just looking for whatever's closest to a "hospital diaper" in look and feel but isn't *total* garbage, and I know there's a few store brands which meet those low standards.

Azie said:
After looking through the carewell site, not much caught my eye as being something I would actually use, besides Abena and Seni. Both are good choices for short term wear, though I was never impressed with abena's cloth backed due to press out issues. My current light diaper is actually plastic backed depends, as they seem to be doing well for a couple hours at a time for me.
I'm not a big fan of Abena's cloth-backed, either. I've worn the plastic-backed Depends, but I just didn't feel as attached to them. I keep hearing great things about Seni, so I think I'll have to finally give those a shot.

For a cheap store brand diapers are use the Walmart assurance stretch briefs what’s your fairly decent. Wow, plastic packed depends I would love to be able to find those. I have not seen those and haven’t been able to find them in a few years. I’m not really a fan of any cloth packed diapers except for the insurance ones that I get through my insurance for free. Since I am 24/7 I have figured out a good mix of stuff to use and what to wear and when. Basically for me the Walmart diapers for when I am hanging around my apartment. And all the better plastic packed stuff that I have is for when I’m out and about or at work or sleeping.

nikthewerelion said:
For a cheap store brand diapers are use the Walmart assurance stretch briefs what’s your fairly decent. Wow, plastic packed depends I would love to be able to find those. I have not seen those and haven’t been able to find them in a few years. I’m not really a fan of any cloth packed diapers except for the insurance ones that I get through my insurance for free. Since I am 24/7 I have figured out a good mix of stuff to use and what to wear and when. Basically for me the Walmart diapers for when I am hanging around my apartment. And all the better plastic packed stuff that I have is for when I’m out and about or at work or sleeping.
I like those Assurance briefs; I'm not the biggest fan of stretch wings, but they're definitely at the top of my list for store brands (and Assurance's "washclothes" are my standard wipes). However, since I'm ordering a few specific items off of a specific site, I was curious about the other brands they offered.

The best cheap drug store diapers I've seen are the Certainty Fitted Brief for Men & Women and the Certainty Unisex Brief (Maximum), found at Walgreens.

I've gotten the Fitted Brief (size Medium) to 825 ml / 28 fl oz and the Unisex Brief (size Large) to 1,724 ml / 58 fl oz. Both cost about 50 cents a piece.

In terms of capacity per dollar, the Unisex Brief was surpassed only by the Medline FitRight Brief. Here's the comparison table.

Certainty Fitted Briefs for Men & Women (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

Certainty Unisex Brief Maximum (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

Last edited:
PurplePup89 said:
If anyone has recommendations for a decent and comfortable variety of those basic medical brands I can use for a one-time potty break or discreet wear, I'd be interested.
I wear the Prevail Per-Fit 360° ™ Incontinence Briefs, Maximum Plus Absorbency with a comfortable feel that have 360° Breathable Zones providing all-around ventilation and Microclimate Care keeping your skin at an ideal temperature for comfort and health. Size Three holds 1,893 ml when saturated.

SeniorMan said:
I wear the Prevail Per-Fit 360° ™ Incontinence Briefs, Maximum Plus Absorbency with a comfortable feel that have 360° Breathable Zones providing all-around ventilation and Microclimate Care keeping your skin at an ideal temperature for comfort and health. Size Three holds 1,893 ml when saturated.
Are you sponsored by Prevail? I have noticed that you drop pretty much the same comment on every post about your love for Prevail Per-Fit 360 diapers, and it typically includes the "TM" and is bolded, so you're copying and pasting it from somewhere.

Reactions: DiaperVapor
iluvdps2 said:
Are you sponsored by Prevail? I have noticed that you drop pretty much the same comment on every post about your love for Prevail Per-Fit 360 diapers, and it typically includes the "TM" and is bolded, so you're copying and pasting it from somewhere.
When I found the website containing the TM, I copied it into the textbox for my Favorite Diaper in my Account Details. I can't give you the website because I don't know how to search for and find the name of the Prevail containing the TM. To post the name, I copy and paste from my Favorite Diaper. I'm not sponsored. This diaper is the only diaper about which I know something.

Last edited:
SeniorMan said:
When I found the website containing the TM, I copied it into the textbox for my Favorite Diaper in my Account Details. I can't give you the website because I don't know how to search for and find the name of the Prevail containing the TM. To post the name, I copy and paste from my Favorite Diaper. I'm not sponsored. This diaper is the only diaper about which I know something.
Have you tried any other diapers?

For 'budget' plastic backed tab diapers, Tranquility ATN are pretty good for low capacity usage.
tranquility-atn-adult-diapers.jpg

Reactions: daddyb, Seasonedcitizen, WillFord384 and 1 other person
KitsuneFox said:
For 'budget' plastic backed tab diapers, Tranquility ATN are pretty good for low capacity usage.
I like these a lot, as well. They also check a lot of boxes for me in the "looks and feels like a classic diaper" category.

Last edited:
Pull-ups from Sams Club, cheap, good for two wets, 31 bucks for 92 of them... "Members mark total protection for men s/m" s/m fits me and I wear a 38 waist pants at 230 lbs 6' tall

Last edited:
iluvdps2 said:
Have you tried any other diapers?
Right now, I'm wearing the Prevail® Maximum Absorbency Underwear, Extra Large, providing protection against moderate leaks.

Last edited:
Attends premier might be worth a try :)

PrettyLilPrincess said:
The Attends Premier Underwear, their most absorbent underwear, is designed with a Dry-Lock® Containment Core that locks away liquid faster, SmartCool™ Breathability for 100% breathability to help improve comfort and help promote healthy skin, and ConfidenceCuff™ Elastics for leak protection.

Prevail® Maximum Absorbency Underwear, having maximum absorbency, uses MaxSorb™ gel technology that actively locks up the urine and 360° Breathable Zones™ with Skin Smart® cloth-like fabric providing comfort that's enhanced with Aloe, Chamomile, and Vitamin E. Fast-absorbing materials protect the skin from moisture while the deodorizing Omni Oder Guard® technology prevents odors. Its label is in the back.

With the use of so much technology in the design of the underwear, deciding which to use would be a personal choice by comparing them through a wearing. The Prevail® case of 72 costs $36.99 from Carewell.com, but is also available from Walmart. The Attends case of 72 costs $88.99 from Carewell.com, more than double the cost, but is also available from Walmart and Kmart.

Last edited:
KitsuneFox said:

Yep. Here's what I know about them:

Tranquility ATN (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

PrettyLilPrincess said:

Here's what I know about the Attends Premier. I haven't tested the capacity yet.

Attends Premier Brief (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

PurplePup89 said:
I'm fully stocked on AB/DL diapers, but since they're expensive, I use them sparingly for special events/meet-ups or when I can dedicate a whole day to agere. Between that, I often rely on cheaper cloth-backed store brands when I just want to wear "a diaper" for a short time and use them in a "one-and-done" experience.

I'm almost out of my CVS brand and I need to replenish my pull-ups anyway, so I was thinking about trying something else. I'll likely order from Carewell since their prices are pretty good; I've heard good things about Seni Super Quatro so I'll likely try those, but they also carry Tena, Prevail, Attends, Cardinal, McKesson and Tranquility's Select.

And yes, I know those aren't "good" brands, but I can't really use Megamax and ABU every day, so if anyone has recommendations for a decent and comfortable variety of those basic medical brands I can use for a one-time potty break or discreet wear, I'd be interested.
Seni makes several diapers of varying absorbency. In my experience, the quatro is definitely more than just a "one and done" style brief. It is good for multiple wettings, but its weakness is in the tapes. They stretch out and migrate on the cloth backing.

For a few hours, it may be overkill, and the Seni super plus may work better for short term wearing. However, it couldn't hurt to try a bag of the Quatros, and see how you can integrate them into your routine.

Back