Recommendation for scented wipes

redprtodd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
I'm looking for a good scented Adult wipe - preferably something that smells like old fashioned baby wipes if anyone makes it (oh noes gotta pretend these adult products aren't just bigger versions of baby products cause dignities or some such) I like northshores wipes for functionality, I just wish they were scented.

There is a bunch of adult sized wipes out there. You will pay a lot more per wipe though.
Attends makes some
plethora of choices on amazon etc

I've used your basic baby wipes from Costco
even using a few is still cheaper than adult sized wipes

It seems fragrance free wipes are the thing now. In fact most baby products now have little or no scent at all. Go down the diaper aisle and you hardly get that nice babyish aroma anymore. All todays babies are loaded with allergies and too sensitive for any baby scents. Also a lot of the wipes that do have any fragrance are not babyish at all anymore. They all have a fresh clean scent or flowery scent very unappealing to me. There really are no babyish scented wipes anymore Ive seen.

Reactions: TigerDL
Simple answer is make your own.

Either get reusable wipes or if you dont want them you can buy adult dry wipes (same as wet tipes just dry with nothing on em).

Then fill a lidded (tuppaware container) pot with water, add a non scented soap (castile soap maybe) and a few drops of any scented oil you like the smell of, there are a few out there that smell similar to the old diaper scents (usually have lavender in them). Soak the dry wipes for 10 mins then drain off all the excess water and there you have it, adult sized baby wipes with a scent you like.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: redprtodd and theancientmariner
Not adult wipes but they smell good. I buy the 3 pack for less than $6. They're a good strong wipe and they smell good. Make sure you grab the fresh scent.

Attachments

• 20230831_055543.jpg
    20230831_055543.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Nowididit said:
Not adult wipes but they smell good. I buy the 3 pack for less than $6. They're a good strong wipe and they smell good. Make sure you grab the fresh scent.
Does it smell like baby powder?

Is there anything out there, or a way to DIY the scent of classic Chubbs?

MikeDJ said:
It seems fragrance free wipes are the thing now. In fact most baby products now have little or no scent at all. Go down the diaper aisle and you hardly get that nice babyish aroma anymore. All todays babies are loaded with allergies and too sensitive for any baby scents. Also a lot of the wipes that do have any fragrance are not babyish at all anymore. They all have a fresh clean scent or flowery scent very unappealing to me. There really are no babyish scented wipes anymore Ive seen.
I know right? I miss the scent of the diaper aisle.

Belarin said:
Simple answer is make your own.

Either get reusable wipes or if you dont want them you can buy adult dry wipes (same as wet tipes just dry with nothing on em).

Then fill a lidded (tuppaware container) pot with water, add a non scented soap (castile soap maybe) and a few drops of any scented oil you like the smell of, there are a few out there that smell similar to the old diaper scents (usually have lavender in them). Soak the dry wipes for 10 mins then drain off all the excess water and there you have it, adult sized baby wipes with a scent you like.
I'll have to look into trying that if I can't find something that comes scented the way I like. I wonder why none of the ab diaper vendors aren't playing in this space?

FudgedInLuvs said:
Is there anything out there, or a way to DIY the scent of classic Chubbs?
I only vuagly remember the scent of Chubbs, but I would love anything that smelled like 80's/90's diaper aisle.

redprtodd said:
I only vuagly remember the scent of Chubbs, but I would love anything that smelled like 80's/90's diaper aisle.
Exactly what I'm after (90s/00s for me). There are some wipes I have a faint recollection of, but Chubbs is the main brand I know my mother used

Back