Recent games that are likely to become classics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What games from the latest gaming generation (or maybe before that) do you think are on their way to becoming classics?

I mean I get why early games have became classics for the success they brought to their systems (like Nintendo would not be alive without having Mario Bros titles, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, etc) and for at times creating a new genre of game.

But what about newer games?

Any that are either on their way to becoming renowned as a new generation of classic games or will given enough time?

I would definitely argue there are many that could go that way from Sonys game library and some in Nintendos library (because as of the Wii U and Switch they started trying to innovate and break away from redoing old games, heck even the Wii had some fantastic truly new games) ; heck some Nintendo games are pretty much instant classics upon release because they build on a long standing legacy.

For me the #1 game I have played in a long time has been Horizon Zero Dawn; they took a bunch of ideas from different games, blended them together and made them work fantastic

Not to mention it is great graphically, fun to play, and has a fantastic story to it and it lasts a pretty good amount of hours to complete (especially if you try for 100% and get the DLC).

I would also argue God of War 2018 is nearly there as well, though I wish the main story lasted longer and it would have been cool to explore more realms (which are unfortunately closed off and are supposed to remain closed) ; and they could have done more with the RPG type elements

Last edited:
I gotta agree with those picks. I own both, but I'm much further in Horizon Zero Dawn than God of War '18. I'd be further in both, but Spider-Man PS4 and its DLCs took my attention quick, fast and in a hurry. Probably the best Arkham spiritual successor out there.

Last edited:
LeakingOut said:
I gotta agree with those picks. I own both, but I'm much further in Horizon Zero Dawn than God of War '18. I'd be further in both, but Spider-Man PS4 and its DLCs took my attention quick, fast and in a hurry. Probably the best Arkham spiritual successor out there.

I haven't tried the new(est) Spider Man yet, last time I played Spider Man was a long time ago (I wanna say GameCube generation, I think it was on PS2?)

God of War was amazing, but did have a few things I found annoying

1. The story mode part is pretty short
2. They could have done more with the RPG Elements (not to mention you end up with very little of certain resources needed to upgrade things)
3. It would have been cool to explore more realms.

All in all though minor grievances; still an amazing game that does things a bit differently than before; but I feel is stronger for deciding to do things a little differently (it feels like an evolution of the Original Trilogy)

I've looked at it as "they gotta have somewhere else to explore in the next installment, right?"

LeakingOut said:
I've looked at it as "they gotta have somewhere else to explore in the next installment, right?"

Well as far as the other realms go, they have basically said that the locked realms will remain locked forever; but they do have to do something so I would guess that the Warriors from Valhalla will probably invade the earth and try to kill Kratos; who knows though (besides the game developers)

Last edited:
Batman knows, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back